You've played at the local, regional, and continental levels. Are you ready to take on the best in the world? Find out all the details about the 2021 World Championships, taking place in Chicago.
Director of Communications
By OKCoyote (Daniel Matteson)
 - Director of Communications
 -  
1E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
We are very close to locking down our dates for the 2017 World Championships in Orlando and will be able to announce them very soon - perhaps just a few more days at most. The next step will be to start drafting up a schedule. With a busy Worlds environment, we're sure to have plenty of events, and that means lots of side events. Here's where you can help.

If you are planning to go to Worlds, or even considering going, what sort of side events (both 1E and 2E) would you want to see represented? Constructed or Sealed? Complete, Block, other limited formats, etc.? What events would you be excited to play in?

Your opinions and suggestions will be noted, and while we know we can't please everyone, we'll try to be as accommodating as we can.

Thanks for your comments.

By karonofborg13 (Matthew Hayes)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Architect
1. I know the likelihood of actually acquiring the product at a reasonable rate is going to be nigh impossible to accommodate/consider, but, a rainbow draft for 1E would be a blast. Heck, a *as best as possible/as fully inclusive as can be* semi-rainbow draft would be fun.

2. a draft involving First Contact, Deep Space Nine, Dominion, Trouble With Tribbles, Mirror Mirror, Voyager, Borg, Holodeck Adventures (focusing on three or four of these sets/boxes, where affordable/acquirable) would be cool, too.

3. A mix of the physical and the virtual Deep Space Nine block & related cards (box of Deep Space Nine and box of Dominon with pre-printed Emissary, The Maquis, and The Gamma Quadrant sets).

4. A mix of the physical and the virtual Mirror block & related cards (box of Trouble With Tribbles and box of Mirror Mirror with pre-printed Crossover, Through the Looking Glass, and The Terran Empire *if it sees release before October 2017* sets).

5. a pre-release of whatever 2E set is on the horizon (after Worlds 2017)

6. a pre-release of whatever 1E set is on the horizion (after Worlds 2017)

7. a 2E *Virtual* era influenced Starter Deck/booster draft type covering the affiliations/factions that don't have existing starters (Bajoran, Cardassian, Dominion, Terok Nor, Earth Space Nine, TOS, Voyager, Maquis, Relativity, Ferengi, Khan, Thieves/Smugglers, Starfleet, Holograms). Admittedly, this would be a project/undertaking to align, but, I'd offer to help initial stages. Community members planning on attending could offer final communal input, say by, April or May, and then the *decks* and *draft packs* could be printed and cut between June-September. The existing 2E Premiere Starters could be a starting point for collation/designation idea (just without the Render Assistance, D'Arsay Archive, Salvaging the Wreckage type fluff replaced by Surprise Party, Tacking into the Wind, Christening, for example).
???

By sexecutioner (Niall Matthew)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
1E World Runner-Up 2023
1E European Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
1E British National Second Runner-Up 2023
No hype for an Aberdeen Anarchy event of some sort? (don't worry, it won't be Iron Man I have a few ideas for a very fun event. If I'm allowed that is) ;)

I feel it needs to go international...

By CaptMDKirk (Matt Kirk)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
ID Draft for sure. It's got all the best ingredients for a side event.
North American OP Coordinator
By The Ninja Scot (Michael Van Breemen)
 - North American OP Coordinator
 -  
1E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E World Champion 2023
Tribbles World Champion 2022
The Traveler
1E North American Continental Champion 2023
2E North American Continental Champion 2023
  Trek Masters 1E Champion 2024
1E American National Champion 2023
1E Canadian National Champion 2023
2E Canadian National Champion 2023
2E  National Runner-Up 2023
2E American National Second Runner-Up 2023
1E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
2E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
DJstormtrooper wrote:ID Draft!

Deck Lottery!

Standard Orbit!

That crazy "girls only" tournament they played in Germany that one time where every card you played had to have a female on it. (yes, the Horta counts)
I still have the cards they gave out from that event! :)

Michael

By pschrader
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
2E American National Runner-Up 2023
sexecutioner wrote:No hype for an Aberdeen Anarchy event of some sort? (don't worry, it won't be Iron Man I have a few ideas for a very fun event. If I'm allowed that is) ;)

I feel it needs to go international...
I still have a silver-border tin that needs to be used!
Ambassador
By T-Ricks (Rick Kinney)
 - Ambassador
 -  
Bignuts wrote:I would like to commit to worlds 2017. A few negotiations will need to take place but I've never been to Orlando. Maybe I could meet Shaq?
Does he live here any more? I did get to meet him once when he first joined the Magic. It was at a party being held at one of the hotels down here, many years ago.
First Edition Creative Manager
By KazonPADD (Paddy Tye)
 - First Edition Creative Manager
 -  
1E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
1E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
You could play a "Hurricane (Niall) Matthew" tournament, where Niall walks around with a leaf blower and randomly blows all the cards away and laughs maniacally.

By Neelix (Scott Baughman)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
  Trek Masters 2E Champion 2024
I'll be there for at least one day - my input is:
At least one draft for 2E (as others have said ID is cool!)

How about a "Cool" tournament?
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Or maybe keep your unsolicited snark to yo[…]

Vulcan Lander and its ability

What constrains this strategy is the number of c[…]

Ignoring point losses & Timing

I would be interested in the answer to this as wel[…]

Greetings 'trek fans! As discussed in our Februar[…]