You've played at the local, regional, and continental levels. Are you ready to take on the best in the world? Find out all the details about the 2021 World Championships, taking place in Chicago.
Second Edition Art Manager
By edgeofhearing (Lucas Thompson)
 - Second Edition Art Manager
 -  
Community Contributor
sexecutioner wrote:
monty42 wrote:Over the past couple of hours I've though a lot about why I actually keep coming back to the boards, to the constant bickering, the pointless discussions and the annoying arrogance of some people who seem to believe they are somehow better than everybody else just because they were born in a specific part of the world.
It also got me thinking about whether or not I still want to make my trip to Florida because frankly as a non-american I don't feel very welcome at the moment.
Don't know about you, but I'm going because I get a kick out of out-partying Americans ;)

In kinda the same way that you got a kick out of playing certain cards in Cards Against Humanity last year.

Don't change your mind, get your ass to Florida.
I would love to play Cards Against Humanity with you guys.

By Worf Son of Mogh (Kenneth Tufts)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
The Traveler
1E North American Continental Runner-Up 2023
2E North American Continental Runner-Up 2023
1E Canadian National Runner-Up 2023
2E Canadian National Runner-Up 2023
KillerB wrote:Top 4 Swiss, bump dumb SoS behind differential and you have the most pure situation to determine a Champion.

EVERY POINT MATTERS.

What else could you ask for?
In a top 4, 3 round Swiss SoS is irrelevant, as every one will have the same SOS, so tie breakers are HtH then Dif then CVP;
the one that was BAD in top4 Swiss was CVP when it was much sooner in the order, but as last tie breaker before a coin flip it dose not matter much that it's basically a coin flip any way in a top4 Swiss.

By KillerB (John Corbett)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Architect
Community Contributor
Worf Son of Mogh wrote:
KillerB wrote:Top 4 Swiss, bump dumb SoS behind differential and you have the most pure situation to determine a Champion.

EVERY POINT MATTERS.

What else could you ask for?
In a top 4, 3 round Swiss SoS is irrelevant, as every one will have the same SOS, so tie breakers are HtH then Dif then CVP;
the one that was BAD in top4 Swiss was CVP when it was much sooner in the order, but as last tie breaker before a coin flip it dose not matter much that it's basically a coin flip any way in a top4 Swiss.
That's right.... like I said Top 4 @Orlando last year went fine. But now this is Worlds and the field is bigger.

I pitched this before, but nobody thought is was worth anything in guess:

"3 day events" in 2 days-

Day 1: 5 rounds, top 8 advance

Day 2: 4 rounds (2&2), Top 4 advance

Day 3: 3 round round-robin.

By KillerB (John Corbett)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Architect
Community Contributor
I'm not going to tolerate any anti-American player talk. I heard the same stuff 5-6 years ago, but from a lot more people. Worlds was at GenCon every year, it was a fixture on the calendar.

Maybe I'm wrong, but we've had one Worlds in the last 5 years. And what do we have to show for it? Australia is dead and Europe is in worse shape then America.

I'm not in the business of blaming things for player decline, I think it's a natural thing. Although I think some OP decision sped it up just a little bit, this is one of them.

It wasn't worth it and things would've been better if we stuck with Worlds @GenCon.

Now I don't have a time machine, and I'm quite happy with Worlds @Orlando. And you won't find a more welcoming group of players there, so cut that shit out too.

America has made its nerd-sacrifices, now it's our time.

Terra Prime, Forever.

By monty42 (Benjamin Liebich)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
2E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
Chancellor
2E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
2E German National Champion 2022
KillerB wrote:I'm not going to tolerate any anti-American player talk. I heard the same stuff 5-6 years ago, but from a lot more people. Worlds was at GenCon every year, it was a fixture on the calendar.

Maybe I'm wrong, but we've had one Worlds in the last 5 years. And what do we have to show for it? Australia is dead and Europe is in worse shape then America.

I'm not in the business of blaming things for player decline, I think it's a natural thing. Although I think some OP decision sped it up just a little bit, this is one of them.

It wasn't worth it and things would've been better if we stuck with Worlds @GenCon.

Now I don't have a time machine, and I'm quite happy with Worlds @Orlando. And you won't find a more welcoming group of players there, so cut that shit out too.

America has made its nerd-sacrifices, now it's our time.

Terra Prime, Forever.
I'm not sure which rock you turned over to find any anti-americanisms here. You might be mistaking something for something else. Seems to me that you're trying to make a more general point rather than specific to this situation.
What keeps baffling me is that inspite all of us being fans of a game and a show that always emphasized equality, a lot of us seem to be unable to see beyond borders drawn on a map.
I think that's a great shame.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Chancellor
KillerB wrote:I'm going to build a wall and make Vulcan pay for it
That's not very smart. Vulcan as part of the Federation has no currency. Better go and make the Ferengi pay for it.

By sexecutioner (Niall Matthew)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
1E World Runner-Up 2023
1E European Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
1E British National Second Runner-Up 2023
KillerB wrote:I'm not going to tolerate any anti-American player talk.
We'll throw the casual racism at each other over a bottle of Jager :cheersL:

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Chancellor
sexecutioner wrote:
And then I'm gonna explain to you both why that shit is called Jägermeister! :wink:

By Jono (Sean O'Reilly)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Pioneer
1E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
KillerB wrote:
sexecutioner wrote:
The only reason I drank that shit last time was because indy is a sad city with a 1 am last call.
I think that restaurant/bar screwed you over. Last call in Indianapolis by law is 3 a.m.

FYI - in Orlando it is 2am - BUT we'll have card so the partying can continue later in hotel rooms by buying alcohol ahead of time :cheersL: :cheersR:
Last edited by Jono on Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Chancellor
Wait, you still have last calls in the free world??? That's a bummer...

By Jono (Sean O'Reilly)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Pioneer
1E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
monty42 wrote:Wait, you still have last calls in the free world??? That's a bummer...
Different cities, counties and states set their own rules - there is no nationwide rule.

For example in Miami's entertainment district alcohol can served 24/7
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation