You've played at the local, regional, and continental levels. Are you ready to take on the best in the world? Find out all the details about the 2021 World Championships, taking place in Chicago.
Director of Communications
By OKCoyote (Daniel Matteson)
 - Director of Communications
 -  
1E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
Here's the full schedule of events for this year's World Championships in Orlando, Florida.

WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 4

5:00 pm - First Edition (side event)
Format: Aberdeen Anarchy
Primary TD: Niall Matthew (sexecutioner)

What's a Worlds week without a taste of a format from another continent? Specifically, a little European flavor, as the crazy Scotsman Niall Matthew brings Aberdeen Anarchy, a tournament of his own creation, to the United States. Will it be a sanctioned event? Who knows? Who will win? Who cares? What are the rules? We'll find out soon. One thing is for certain where Niall is concerned - expect chaos.

5:00 pm - Second Edition WCT Championship Event
Format: Standard Constructed
Primary TD: Rick Kinney (T-Ricks)

As is customary for most Worlds events, we'll be holding a Second Edition WCT Championship event on the first night. This is sort of a "Last Chance" constructed event where the winner is awarded a first-round bye at Day One of the World Championship! We'll be using Swiss pairings for this event. Players must have at least 50 lifetime WCT league points to enter this event. EDIT: This rule has been waived. Everyone can play!

9:00 pm - Tribbles (side event)
Format: ...with Troubles
Primary TD: Sean O'Reilly (Jono)

Each night of Worlds week will be concluded with a game of Tribbles, hosted by Sean O'Reilly! Some Tribble side events will include Troubles, and some will be without Troubles, so check the event listing beforehand. Don't have a Tribbles deck? No problem! We'll have plenty of extras to spare.

THURSDAY, OCTOBER 5

12:00 pm - First Edition WCT Championship Event
Format: OTF Constructed
Primary TD: Daniel Matteson (OKCoyote)

Why does Second Edition get to have all the fun? In a Continuing Committee first, we'll also be holding a WCT Championship event for First Edition! This will be an OTF Constructed event with Swiss round pairings, in which the winner will be awarded a first round bye at Day One of the First Edition World Championships! To enter this event, players must have at least 50 lifetime WCT league points. EDIT: This rule has been waived. Everyone can play!

12:00 pm - Second Edition (side event)
Format: Slipstream
Primary TD: Rick Kinney

For those that prefer their Star Trek CCG at a faster pace, Rick Kinney brings you a Slipstream side event on Thursday. Can you get to 50 points before your opponent?

4:00 pm - Second Edition (side event)
Format: Infinite Diversity Remastered
Primary TD: Sean O'Reilly

A fan favorite, the Infinite Diversity draft will make its Worlds appearance using the new Remastered card list and rule set. Be sure to bring your sleeves and backers for this one!

5:00 pm - First Edition (side event)
Format: Voyager Warp Speed
Primary TD: Daniel Matteson

Want to play First Edition on Thursday night? We've got a Warp Speed side event lined up for you. What's Warp Speed? It's a fast paced event with a shorter time clock, only three seeded missions, a 10 card seed deck, and two complete missions needed to win the game. Players will receive a Voyager starter deck and a number of Voyager boosters. Players might also receive a Borg and/or Holodeck Adventures pack, based on availability of product. Quantities of product may be limited so register early to ensure a spot.

Format: Standard (no Troubles)

Each night of Worlds week will be concluded with a game of Tribbles, hosted by Sean O'Reilly! Some Tribble side events will include Troubles, and some will be without Troubles, so check the event listing beforehand. Don't have a Tribbles deck? No problem! We'll have plenty of extras to spare.

FRIDAY, OCTOBER 6

11:00 am - First Edition World Championship Qualifier (Day 1)
Primary TD: Ken Tufts (Worf Son of Mogh)

The World Championship main events officially kick off on Friday morning with Day One of the 19th First Edition World Championship. Specific event rules are subject to change based on attendance, but we're planning on playing five Swiss rounds of OTF Constructed, with the top eight players advancing to Day Two.

12:00 pm - Second Edition (side event)
Format: Project Excelsior Playtest
Primary TD: Matt Kirk (CaptMDKirk)

If you're a new or returning player to Second Edition, or just aren't interested in First Edition Worlds, we invite you to try a playtest for the upcoming Project Excelsior format. Preconstructed decks will be provided. Additional details will follow as we get closer.

4:00 pm - Second Edition (side event)
Team Tournament Standard

Second Edition side events continue with a Team Tournament. Assemble a team of three and assert your dominance against the opposition! Highest team VP total wins the event!

8:00 pm - Tribbles World Championship
Format: Standard (no Troubles)

On Friday night, we'll have our first World Champion crowned as the 9th annual Tribbles World Championship commences! This will be a two round event with top players from the first round advancing to the final table in round two for a chance at the big prize! Will two-time winner Ken Tufts repeat in 2017, or will we have a new Tribbles World Champion?

SATURDAY, OCTOBER 7

11:00 am - Second Edition World Championship Qualifier (Day 1)
Primary TD: Ken Tufts

The 15th annual Second Edition World Championship begins Saturday morning with an action-packed Day One. Specific rules are subject to change based on player attendance but we're expecting to play six Swiss rounds of Standard, with the top eight advancing to Day Two.

12:00 pm - First Edition (side event)
Format: OTSD Sealed
Primary TD: TBD

Not playing in Second Edition Worlds? Is First Edition more your speed? Enjoy an OTSD side event on Saturday afternoon as you (perhaps) mentally prepare for your Worlds final later in the day. Quite possibly the greatest sealed product Decipher ever released, the Official Tournament Sealed Deck is a favorite of casual and experienced players alike. Each participant will receive an OTSD box, containing four packs of Premiere, one pack of Alternate Universe, and 20 fixed cards. This event uses the Open rules format, and all cards will be played as printed! This event has been designated a New & Returning Player Friendly event! Quantities of sealed product may be limited, so be sure to register early for this one!

(Note: we're looking for a volunteer to TD this event. If you're available (and not playing 2E), please contact OKCoyote.)

7:00 pm - First Edition World Championship Final (Day 2)

Saturday night will see the conclusion of the First Edition World Championship as the top eight players face off in Swiss rounds to determine the next World Champion. Format remains OTF Constructed, and you may change your deck between Days One and Two. Last year's World Champion was Peter Ludwig. Who will be next?

League: OrlAndorians

Each night of Worlds week will be concluded with a game of Tribbles, hosted by Sean O'Reilly! Some Tribble side events will include Troubles, and some will be without Troubles, so check the event listing beforehand. Don't have a Tribbles deck? No problem! We'll have plenty of extras to spare. This event will also count as the first event in Rick Kinney's OrlAndorians league season, so you can get a head start on those league points and achievements!

SUNDAY, OCTOBER 8

11:00 am - Second Edition World Championship Final (Day 2)

Our third and final World Champion will be revealed on Sunday as the top eight Second Edition players face off for Swiss rounds in Day Two. Format remains Standard, and you may change your deck between Days One and Two. Last year's World Champion was Michael Van Breemen. Who will be next?

11:00 am - First Edition (side event)
Format: Rainbow Sealed
Primary TD: Matthew McClain (Indyguy1183)
League: Space Coast Central Command

Want to play First Edition on Sunday? We've got a Rainbow Sealed side event lined up for our last day. What's Rainbow Sealed? Glad you asked! Players receive an OTSD box plus one pack of every single First Edition expansion, up to and including The Motion Pictures! Grab your best personnel and ships from across First Edition's history (with a universal treaty in effect) and go to work! This has been a favorite side event at other high-level events, and you won't want to miss it! Quantities of product may be limited so register early to ensure a spot. This event will also count as the first event in Daniel Matteson's Space Coast Central Command league season, so you can get a head start on those league points and achievements!

11:00 am - Second Edition (side event)
League: OrlAndorians

Didn't make Day Two of Worlds? Rick Kinney has you covered with a Sunday side event for Second Edition. This event will also count as the second event in the OrlAndorians league season!

4:00 pm - Trophy Ceremony

We plan to close out our Worlds week with a trophy ceremony honoring all the winners and finalists in our World Championship events. Yes, there will be trophies.

5:00 pm - Tribbles (side event)
League: Space Coast Central Command

What, that wasn't enough for you? All right, for those that want to keep playing into the evening on Sunday, we've got one more Tribbles side event lined up to truly finish things off. This event will also count as the second event in the Space Coast Central Command league season!
Last edited by OKCoyote on Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:54 am, edited 14 times in total.
 -  
Hey potential Worlds travelers,

I've just booked my hotel room for this year's Orlando trip. It's at La Quinta Inn, same place I stayed last year, from Tuesday night through Saturday night. It's only 1.3 miles from the venue.

I booked a room with two beds, so if anyone would like to go in with me on the cost of the room, I'm willing to share it for the duration. Keep in mind it's very likely my daughter will be staying as well, but she's very well behaved. Bonus points if you can assist with transportation to the venue (I don't drive).

Send me a message if you're interested.
Director of Organized Play
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 - Director of Organized Play
 -  
Architect
1E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
2E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
W.C.T. Chairman's Trophy winner 2014-2015
Thanks for the hotel info. Any guess when all these tournaments will be input and flagged appropriately in the system?

By Jono (Sean O'Reilly)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Pioneer
1E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
LORE wrote:Thanks for the hotel info. Any guess when all these tournaments will be input and flagged appropriately in the system?
BTW- still working on hotel block too

As far as inputting the tournaments - I imagine sometime in April and we'll let Chris flag then. Dan, Rick and I still have a few things to discuss about Worlds...
 -  
LORE wrote:Thanks for the hotel info. Any guess when all these tournaments will be input and flagged appropriately in the system?
Some of the events are in the system already - the ones I'm TDing and I think most of Sean's. I'm working on other aspects this month but I think Sean's right, probably around April I'll come back around to this and make sure everyone else gets their events in the system, and then have them flagged.
 -  
Update: there are still only a few events in the system, but those that are in have received the appropriate Worlds flags.
 -  
3/25 update. Several more events have been added to the tournament listings.
 -  
Aberdeen Anarchy event is added! Go check out Niall's crazy 1E rules.
Director of Organized Play
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 - Director of Organized Play
 -  
Architect
1E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
2E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
W.C.T. Chairman's Trophy winner 2014-2015
OKCoyote wrote:Aberdeen Anarchy event is added! Go check out Niall's crazy 1E rules.
Would it be possible for the actual World Championship Day 1 and Day 2 tournaments to get added, even if they are not flagged as such yet? My wife and I are looking at arranging our vacation schedule, and it would be helpful if I could just check my dashboard from my phone to know which date / time those tournaments are happening.

Thanks in advance for your efforts.
 -  
LORE wrote:
OKCoyote wrote:Aberdeen Anarchy event is added! Go check out Niall's crazy 1E rules.
Would it be possible for the actual World Championship Day 1 and Day 2 tournaments to get added, even if they are not flagged as such yet? My wife and I are looking at arranging our vacation schedule, and it would be helpful if I could just check my dashboard from my phone to know which date / time those tournaments are happening.

Thanks in advance for your efforts.
Working on it. Hopefully will have the whole schedule in place soon.

By Jono (Sean O'Reilly)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Pioneer
1E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
All the Tribbles World side events have been added to the tournament calendar (they still need to be flagged).

There will be 2 non-Troubles events and 3 with Troubles events as follows:

Wednesday - with Troubles
Thursday - Standard
Friday - WORLDS (Standard)
Saturday - with Troubles
Sunday - with Troubles
 -  
Jono wrote:All the Tribbles World side events have been added to the tournament calendar (they still need to be flagged).

There will be 2 non-Troubles events and 3 with Troubles events as follows:

Wednesday - with Troubles
Thursday - Standard
Friday - WORLDS (Standard)
Saturday - with Troubles
Sunday - with Troubles
I'll edit them into this thread tonight after work.
 -  
ALL Worlds events are now entered into the system, and they should all be properly flagged by morning.

trying to get on now

I would suggest instead that a mission's quadrant […]

Big 2e energy in this proposal, that's for[…]

3. Time Travel to the Drone Control room and bat[…]