You've played at the local, regional, and continental levels. Are you ready to take on the best in the world? Find out all the details about the 2021 World Championships, taking place in Chicago.

- Alpha Quadrant
 -  
Are we going to try and organize hotels together for Orlando 2017 and transport...I can drive but will be uncomfortable on the wrong side of the road...also wanna do the Space Centre that week
Ambassador
By T-Ricks (Rick Kinney)
 - Ambassador
 -  
Sean O'Reilly (Jono) is looking into getting a room block for Worlds. I'm certain there will be some car pooling to/from events. Side trips would up to the individual players/families, etc.

I've never used any of these services, but there are tour groups out there like this one that will get you to and from several different Central Florida attractions.

https://www.getyourguide.com/kennedy-sp ... position=0

By Jono (Sean O'Reilly)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Pioneer
1E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
I hope to have an article with information on this in the next week.

Thanks for being patient.

By Marquetry
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
Wrong side of the road driving is fun, we did it in Ausralia :) That said, I'm sure there will be options. Michael, Ken & I have been talking with Niall about going over to Kennedy Space Center, and meeting up with OKCoyote; I might look into renting a minivan that week for more carpooling ability

- Alpha Quadrant
 -  
That would be brilliant Amber, will put some money towards cost and I may even drive it a little on the wrong side to see how much it messes with my head!.

On another note I have heard from many friends that International Drive is the best to get hotel rooms/blocks...

By Jono (Sean O'Reilly)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Pioneer
1E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
admiralgary wrote:That would be brilliant Amber, will put some money towards cost and I may even drive it a little on the wrong side to see how much it messes with my head!.

On another note I have heard from many friends that International Drive is the best to get hotel rooms/blocks...
The only problem with I-Drive is it really isn't close at all to the gaming store where Worlds is taking place. I-Drive is southwest of downtown Orlando by about 8-10 miles (it's right near Universal Studios).

Worlds is being held across from the University of Central Florida - which is about 10 miles east of downtown Orlando.

It would take a good 30-40 minutes (possibly more because Orlando traffic is awful) to get from I-drive to the game store.

I hope to have an article on the room block within a week. The hotel I'm looking at has free wi-fi, free breakfast, a pool, small workout center, lounge area (for late night gaming), it's only 1 mile from the gaming store and is next to a couple of restaurants that are open late.

By sexecutioner (Niall Matthew)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
1E World Runner-Up 2023
1E European Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
1E British National Second Runner-Up 2023
Brilliant stuff Sean, thanks for organising :)

By garetjax
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Architect
2E Danish National Champion 2015
I hope to have an article on the room block within a week. The hotel I'm looking at has free wi-fi, free breakfast, a pool, small workout center, lounge area (for late night gaming), it's only 1 mile from the gaming store and is next to a couple of restaurants that are open late.
That wouldbe great. :thumbsup:
Director of Communications
By OKCoyote (Daniel Matteson)
 - Director of Communications
 -  
1E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
I said this in the other Worlds thread, but if the room block doesn't work out or you're looking for an alternative, I'm staying in the nearby La Quinta Inn this year - several players (including myself) stayed there for Continentals last year and I was happy with my stay there.

If you're on a budget, I'm willing to share my room (it's got two beds) with someone that wants to go in on it with me.
Director of Communications
By OKCoyote (Daniel Matteson)
 - Director of Communications
 -  
1E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
CaptMDKirk wrote:Any update on this?
Yes! There's an article going live in the next day or two (probably right after the Zero Hour articles finish up).

Thanks so much to Sean O'Reilly for putting the room block together.

By sexecutioner (Niall Matthew)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
1E World Runner-Up 2023
1E European Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
1E British National Second Runner-Up 2023
Jono wrote:If you missed it here is the article:

https://www.trekcc.org/articles/index.ph ... ticle=1984

A link will to get a room in the room block will come in another article NEXT WEEK.
You are something beyond a man....
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation

It started in mid-2013. At that time it became sta[…]