You've played at the local, regional, and continental levels. Are you ready to take on the best in the world? Find out all the details about the 2021 World Championships, taking place in Chicago.
  • 98 posts
Director of Organized Play
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 - Director of Organized Play
 -  
Architect
1E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
2E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
W.C.T. Chairman's Trophy winner 2014-2015
KazonPADD wrote:Starts 5ish there right? That’s 10 here in UK. Pubs will be open still so I’ll have a few drinks in Honor of the event!
You're fooling nobody, Paddy. It's obvious you are coming with Niall so stop pretending and preregister already.

By nobthehobbit (Daniel Pareja)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Marquetry wrote:
sexecutioner wrote:
KazonPADD wrote:Starts 5ish there right? That’s 10 here in UK. Pubs will be open still so I’ll have a few drinks in Honor of the event!
I'll film a lot of the event dude :)
Wait... I thought "What happens in Orlando stays in Orlando"? Or is that only Vegas...
One of these days that saying's going to become "What happens on Earth stays on Earth."
First Edition Creative Manager
By KazonPADD (Paddy Tye)
 - First Edition Creative Manager
 -  
1E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
1E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
LORE wrote:
You're fooling nobody, Paddy. It's obvious you are coming with Niall so stop pretending and preregister already.
Paranoid much??? I think fear of the unknown quantity - Niall, Gary and Alex’s British Invasion - has really got you spooked! You’re now seeing invading Brits everywhere! I don’t need to big-up Niall any more - you’re just another victim ALREADY! :D
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 -  
Architect
KazonPADD wrote:Paranoid much??? I think fear of the unknown quantity - Niall, Gary and Alex’s British Invasion - has really got you spooked! You’re now seeing invading Brits everywhere! I don’t need to big-up Niall any more - you’re just another victim ALREADY! :D
I don't fear any of you, but you are taking a ridiculous level of interest in this tournament and all these threads for someone who isn't going. Case and point, Justin Ford, who usually talks too much and nearly always travels to these big events, claims he isn't going and has said next to nothing about Worlds as a result. All I am saying is, if you aren't coming, then take your seat in the peanut gallery and shut the hell up.

If you are coming and trying to be coy, stop being a little bitch and pre-register already. That goes double for anyone else trying to keep their Worlds attendance under the radar - nobody fears anyone when we are all playing for next to nothing, and the lack of pre-registration dicks the T.D.'s more than anything. So get your shit together and man up! :twocents:
First Edition Creative Manager
By KazonPADD (Paddy Tye)
 - First Edition Creative Manager
 -  
1E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
1E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
LORE wrote:
KazonPADD wrote:Paranoid much??? I think fear of the unknown quantity - Niall, Gary and Alex’s British Invasion - has really got you spooked! You’re now seeing invading Brits everywhere! I don’t need to big-up Niall any more - you’re just another victim ALREADY! :D
I don't fear any of you, but you are taking a ridiculous level of interest in this tournament and all these threads for someone who isn't going. Case and point, Justin Ford, who usually talks too much and nearly always travels to these big events, claims he isn't going and has said next to nothing about Worlds as a result. All I am saying is, if you aren't coming, then take your seat in the peanut gallery and shut the hell up.

If you are coming and trying to be coy, stop being a little bitch and pre-register already. That goes double for anyone else trying to keep their Worlds attendance under the radar - nobody fears anyone when we are all playing for next to nothing, and the lack of pre-registration dicks the T.D.'s more than anything. So get your shit together and man up! :twocents:
Ooh, annoyed much?? I take an interest in my fellow countrymen - and followed the Worlds threads for 2014 when Niall went and the 2016 GenCon Masters when he went there too. Maybe I didn’t comment as much there, but Niall loves a bit of banter and it’s entertainment for the “peanut gallery”.

As for my movements, anyone who needs to know where I am this week, does know where I am. And you sir are not one of those people. :-p
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 -  
Architect
KillerB wrote:The quality of our promos are declining. We shot our loads too early.
I've heard that is a recurring problem for Niall. Good thing he will have his baby sitter Paddy Cakes with him to hold back his hair, among other things.

I just can't believe nobody is giving Jason Drake any credit in this thread. Niall beat him in a nobody cares team event right after the guy won Worlds in 2014 and didn't give a shit about the rest of his games on the weekend. Doesn't mean anything, despite whatever fantasies Niall holds true. Conversely, I was the only person to beat him IN the World Championships, right after I took out Johannes. Just so we're clear, beating someone in side events counts for jack squat. You either beat them in the main event or it never happened.

As far as I am concerned, this weekend is a text book example of "to be the man you gotta beat the man," and until I hear differently Jason Drake is THE MAN to beat.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
LORE wrote:
KillerB wrote:The quality of our promos are declining. We shot our loads too early.
I've heard that is a recurring problem for Niall. Good thing he will have his baby sitter Paddy Cakes with him to hold back his hair, among other things.

I just can't believe nobody is giving Jason Drake any credit in this thread. Niall beat him in a nobody cares team event right after the guy won Worlds in 2014 and didn't give a shit about the rest of his games on the weekend. Doesn't mean anything, despite whatever fantasies Niall holds true. Conversely, I was the only person to beat him IN the World Championships, right after I took out Johannes. Just so we're clear, beating someone in side events counts for jack squat. You either beat them in the main event or it never happened.

As far as I am concerned, this weekend is a text book example of "to be the man you gotta beat the man," and until I hear differently Jason Drake is THE MAN to beat.
I gave him credit, but if you want it here, I'm happy to accommodate. Cross-posting is easy enough.
Armus wrote:If Big Kev is coming, I'm picking him.

Jason is an amazing player whose deck advice has always made my stuff better, going back to my world finals run in 2000. Normally I would pick him, but he strikes me as Apollo Creed to Big Kev's Rocky: Already on top, having won the 2014 Championship. I'm sure he's training hard, but I'm not sure he has that same eye of the tiger look going in this time.

Big Kev gets out of his hospital bed, Rocky-montages his way to Florida, and after two days of knock-down-drag-out, including a fratricidal knock out of his boy Kris, and an epic finals showdown against Jason, finally takes down the title he's been pursuing for years.

Hollywood couldn't write a better script.

Top 8 prediction (no particular order, but broken out top 4/top 8 ):

Big Kev
Jason
Kris
MVB
----
Niall
O'Reilly
Alex Dixon
Matteson
Ambassador
By T-Ricks (Rick Kinney)
 - Ambassador
 -  
KillerB wrote:What we learned today about the Atlantic coast of Florida:

Don't take a shower in Jacksonville. The water smells like swamp.

Driving through Miami is a motherfucker.
I never liked driving through Miami when I was on two wheels. I can't imagine doing it in a big rig.
Question for noob

I still think I'm misunderstanding TMW. By saying […]

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]

Hey all, we are running a "Warum-up" fo[…]