You've played at the local, regional, and continental levels. Are you ready to take on the best in the world? Find out all the details about the 2021 World Championships, taking place in Chicago.
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
My flight gets in to Orlando International Airport at 2:42 pm on Wednesday the 4th. Will anyone be arriving near that time who may want to share a cab or Uber/Lyft to the Fairfield? I was considering public transit, but Google maps is telling me that's a 2.5 hr ride. :?

By Jono (Sean O'Reilly)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Pioneer
1E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
jadziadax8 wrote:My flight gets in to Orlando International Airport at 2:42 pm on Wednesday the 4th. Will anyone be arriving near that time who may want to share a cab or Uber/Lyft to the Fairfield? I was considering public transit, but Google maps is telling me that's a 2.5 hr ride. :?
If you can't find anyone to share a ride I might be able to help out - as I'm coming from Tampa (and the airport is south of Orlando) nearly parallel to I-4 before the interstate turns northeast.
Executive Officer
 - Executive Officer
 -  
Thanks! I will keep that in mind if no one else chimes in.

By CaptMDKirk (Matt Kirk)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
I'm flying in the day before :P

5:45 pm on Tuesday the 3rd, if anyone wants to carpool.
Ambassador
By T-Ricks (Rick Kinney)
 - Ambassador
 -  
Maggie,

I can pick you up and take you to the hotel. The first tournament isn't until 5:00 PM so there is plenty of time. Just let me know what airline you are arriving on and I can pick you up curbside at arriving flights when you get here.

Rick
Executive Officer
 - Executive Officer
 -  
Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Director of Organized Play
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 - Director of Organized Play
 -  
Architect
1E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
2E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
W.C.T. Chairman's Trophy winner 2014-2015
The Asian Sensation and I arrive on Wednesday at 1:30 p.m. from North of the Wall.

If anyone cares, we plan to do theme parks on Thursday and on Sunday. Magic Kingdom one of the days, not sure which one the other day. Just not Universal Studios for the 3rd time. FU, Harry Potter Land! :x
Executive Officer
 - Executive Officer
 -  
Are you staying at the Fairfield?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
LORE wrote:The Asian Sensation and I arrive on Wednesday at 1:30 p.m. from North of the Wall.

If anyone cares, we plan to do theme parks on Thursday and on Sunday. Magic Kingdom one of the days, not sure which one the other day. Just not Universal Studios for the 3rd time. FU, Harry Potter Land! :x
Either Epcot (Food and Wine Festival!) or Animal Kingdom (Avatarland, if that's your thing) are solid choices.

Disney parks are fun just a spouse and no kids. My wife and I went three times before the kids started showing up. Highly recommend.

By Marquetry
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
Yes, we're doing Epcot on the 1st or 2nd - mini-experiences of travel, plus nibblies from the food & wine festival!

We get in on 9/30 at about 5:30, renting a car (not a minivan like I was hoping, too expensive).
Director of Communications
By OKCoyote (Daniel Matteson)
 - Director of Communications
 -  
1E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
I've put it out there in other places but I'll reiterate here: I'm coming to Orlando Wednesday but my vacation actually starts Friday 9/29. If any early travelers head to the east coast or feel like a drive, you're invited to come out for dinner with myself and Allison. Any night works except 9/30 as we're attending a play that night.
Ambassador
By T-Ricks (Rick Kinney)
 - Ambassador
 -  
Armus wrote:
LORE wrote:The Asian Sensation and I arrive on Wednesday at 1:30 p.m. from North of the Wall.

Either Epcot (Food and Wine Festival!) or Animal Kingdom (Avatarland, if that's your thing) are solid choices.

Disney parks are fun just a spouse and no kids. My wife and I went three times before the kids started showing up. Highly recommend.
John and I just did the Avatar ride this past weekend for the first time. No spoilers except to say it is the best ride I have EVER been on - and I've been on a lot of them.

By KillerB (John Corbett)
 -  
Architect
Community Contributor
Since my company's division has gone into the shitter I might be in Florida a day or two early. If anyone has a room with a floor to crash on I'll throw you a couple bucks.

By KillerB (John Corbett)
 -  
Architect
Community Contributor
I'll be getting in Monday. Anybody PM me if they have a place to crash. Or want to Test decks, drink beer, molest a Scotsman. If not, I guess I'm be hanging out in my truck in the hotel parking lot like a weirdo a couple days.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation