You've played at the local, regional, and continental levels. Are you ready to take on the best in the world? Find out all the details about the 2021 World Championships, taking place in Chicago.
  • 242 posts
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
Fritzinger wrote:
rycar60 wrote:I took a lot of great photos people in their new shirts.
https://imgur.com/a/syLGT
Whaaaaat... You guys made those? I thought those were decipher promo shirts. That's really going above and beyond!
Eric Robinett had them made and brought them in as a surprise.

Sent through Subspace from the Starship Enterprise
Ambassador
By T-Ricks (Rick Kinney)
 - Ambassador
 -  
jadziadax8 wrote:
Fritzinger wrote:
Whaaaaat... You guys made those? I thought those were decipher promo shirts. That's really going above and beyond!

This was totally unexpected. I can't give Eric and his staff enough credit for allowing us the opportunity to use his venue for our recent Masters, Continentals and now Worlds. None of the events we have hosted would have been possible without his contributions and support. The shirts are far above and beyond anything that ANY venue anywhere would have done. Thanks again Eric! :cheersR:
Ambassador
By T-Ricks (Rick Kinney)
 - Ambassador
 -  
KillerB wrote:
So many pasty white guys... myself being the worst offender. We need to get some sun in Texas... without the heat and humidity of Florida.
Every time I got out of the a/c this weekend, my glasses would fog up and I couldn't see. It was bad. One of the days, even though the temperature was around 90 degrees, the heat index (how hot it feels) made it feel like 105. That's uncomfortable, even by Florida standards. Sunny and dry sounds good.
Director of Organized Play
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 - Director of Organized Play
 -  
Architect
1E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
2E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
W.C.T. Chairman's Trophy winner 2014-2015
tomek wrote:Congrats to the new 1E World Champion, Jason Drake... again :D

I stayed up waaaay too late watching the final match between Jason and Kris.

Feds vs Klingons... it doesn't get any more classic than that.
Classic players... classic decks... classic match!! :D
Thank you, Dave. We missed having you on hand for a 1999 All-Star Team reunion!

By Boratus (Steve Nelson)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
jadziadax8 wrote:
Fritzinger wrote:

Those were good trek t-shirts for prize support. I however got the official decipher USS Enterprise-E t-shirt. Nothing beats original.

By Marquetry
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
The shirts were amazing! I have one with Janeway on it, and Michael got TCS (the mission made for him), among others!

We had an amazing visit, and a great time at Worlds. Thanks to Eric for use of his store, and to the organizers for a superb weekend!

I'm happy I finally got to meet some of the Cardassia group in person, look forward to next time :)

Congrats to the J crew - John, Jason, and Josh.

By KillerB (John Corbett)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Architect
Community Contributor
"You gotta give him some credit. Even if he was able to design dilemmas for decks he couldn't beat."

I'm sad that in a Post-CoC world that kind of beautiful congratulations can't be shared out in the open, but via troll group text.

He was right though, it wasn't a full troll. I was on the set, and it was my concept (weight of command), but Ben and Keith turned it into something (it worked on Relativity too).

Kobyashi Maru.... sometimes you got to change the scenario. Call me an Original Thinker.

By monty42 (Benjamin Liebich)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
2E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
Chancellor
2E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
2E German National Champion 2022
KillerB wrote:So many pasty white guys...
Hah, not me anymore. After spending a day in the gruelling heat of Epcot, I've gotten all kinds of shades from lobster red to fire truck :D

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
monty42 wrote:
Hah, not me anymore. After spending a day in the gruelling heat of Epcot, I've gotten all kinds of shades from lobster red to fire truck :D

Gotta ask:

Epcot version of Germany - any resemblance to the real thing?
Director of Organized Play
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 - Director of Organized Play
 -  
Architect
1E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
2E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
W.C.T. Chairman's Trophy winner 2014-2015
monty42 wrote:
We were in Epcot during the monsoon day (Thursday) and I wasn't a fan. Far too much food / shopping and little else. SeaWorld on Saturday was far better, and Magic Kingdom on Sunday was the best of all. :twocents:

By Marquetry
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
Armus wrote:
monty42 wrote:

Gotta ask:

We didn't try the food, but the store had authentic German items - things I remember from childhood, like Hummel figurines, real cuckoo clocks, Steif stuffed animals, etc.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
LORE wrote:
monty42 wrote:
We were in Epcot during the monsoon day (Thursday) and I wasn't a fan. Far too much food / shopping and little else. SeaWorld on Saturday was far better, and Magic Kingdom on Sunday was the best of all. :twocents:
You obviously don't have daughters - the Frozen ride is one of the most popular in all of the Disney parks among a certain demo.

I generally prefer MK to Epcot as well but it helps if you think of them as doing and being different things. Epcot is quite popular with the foodie crowd, especially right now with the Food and Wine festival going on. But if you're looking for thrill rides, Epcot ain't it, Mission Space and Test Track notwithstanding.

Regardless, any Disney park in the rain is no fun. I'm sorry the weather did not cooperate for you. :(

By monty42 (Benjamin Liebich)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
2E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
Chancellor
2E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
2E German National Champion 2022
Armus wrote:
monty42 wrote:

Gotta ask:

Well let me put it this way if a man wearing cowboy boots, spurs, chaps, a cowboy hat, screaming Yeehaaw is a good resemblance of your average american, then yes. :D
It pretty much serves every possible cliche somebody could have about germany.
I liked it though. It was so over the top that it was actually a lot of fun.
Question for noob

That's the question. The Isolinear Rods downloads […]

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]

Hey all, we are running a "Warum-up" fo[…]