You've played at the local, regional, and continental levels. Are you ready to take on the best in the world? Find out all the details about the 2021 World Championships, taking place in Chicago.

What's your favourite fourth day of Worlds?

Thursday
94%
Monday
6%
European OP Coordinator
 - European OP Coordinator
 -  
My dear players!

If ANY Worlds tournament would last 4 days, what days would you prefer? Of course it would be on a the weekend, so Saturday and Sunday is a bank. Also the Friday, so in fact the question is about Thursday or Monday.

Please recognize, that this Poll could only affect Worlds AFTER 2018, so this one does not cover Australia 2018's Worlds!!!

:cheersL: :cheersL: :cheersL: :borg: :cheersR: :cheersR: :cheersR:
Ambassador
By bosskamiura (Thomas Kamiura)
 - Ambassador
 -  
Community Contributor
Surprised to not see Sunday as an option!

TK

By Jono (Sean O'Reilly)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Pioneer
1E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
When we ran Worlds at Orlando last year we on purpose made Sunday the last day of the event.

We started with events on Wednesday evening (for anyone arriving early) and ran Day 1 1E and Tribbles on Friday and Day 1 2E on Saturday to allow players to play in all three events should they decided to.

Therefore I voted Thursday as the "fourth" day. I think it makes the most sense since locals can get back to work on Monday while others miss as little of a second work week as possible.

By monty42 (Benjamin Liebich)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
2E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
Chancellor
2E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
2E German National Champion 2022
I definitely wouldn't include a Monday just for all the guys who'd have to take time off from work.
If we'd take the Friday as a given, then especially travellers would have to take off days in that week (maybe the entire week depending on whatever else you want to do at the given location).
Speaking for myself, taking days off from an additional week would make it a lot tougher and would require the date to be set way in advance.
EDIT: So basically what Sean said.
European OP Coordinator
 - European OP Coordinator
 -  
Bosskamiura wrote:Surprised to not see Sunday as an option!

TK
Because Friday, Saturday and Sunday are the fixed Weekend days ;-)

By Worf Son of Mogh (Kenneth Tufts)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
The Traveler
1E North American Continental Runner-Up 2023
2E North American Continental Runner-Up 2023
1E Canadian National Runner-Up 2023
2E Canadian National Runner-Up 2023
As a note some business require staff to take vacation days in set week patterns so having some thing run Friday to Monday could force people to use two full weeks of vacation time up. I know to many European players that may not sound like much, but to most workers in NA that is 100% of your yearly vacation time.

Does not effect me personally but I have friends that have that problem, now in the specific people
I know are not trek players but it has hit them before for other events where they had to fly over Sunday night and not sleep before Monday work, so it is a real concern for big event planning, where we want the most people possible able to attend.

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the f[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the f[…]

1EFQ: Game of two halves

Or maybe keep your unsolicited snark to yo[…]

Vulcan Lander and its ability

What constrains this strategy is the number of c[…]