You've played at the local, regional, and continental levels. Are you ready to take on the best in the world? Find out all the details about the 2021 World Championships, taking place in Chicago.
North American OP Coordinator
By The Ninja Scot (Michael Van Breemen)
 - North American OP Coordinator
 -  
1E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E World Champion 2023
Tribbles World Champion 2022
The Traveler
1E North American Continental Champion 2023
2E North American Continental Champion 2023
  Trek Masters 1E Champion 2024
1E American National Champion 2023
1E Canadian National Champion 2023
2E Canadian National Champion 2023
2E  National Runner-Up 2023
2E American National Second Runner-Up 2023
1E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
2E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
Armus wrote: I'm a bit surprised to only see one [22] deck in the whole field (unless Klingon SOMETHING involves [22] [Kli]) - wouldn't shock me to see it take top spot, especially with two [1E-DQ] decks in the fold.

Without giving too much away, any property logo-specific decks ( [1E-TNG] , [1E-DS9] , [EE] ) or is that too limiting at the World level?

(Serious question, no snark intended)
I had an almost all-present day Romulan/Bajoran build but had some Raptors for card draws and ship destruction.
Greg had TNG Feds
Adam had Ent-E Feds/22nd Klingons with Nanoprobes/Holodeck Doors
Steve had DQ Feds with Revised Holograms and Shuttle drops
Amber had Starfleet Macos
Garry had 22nd Klingons with Augments
Peter had DQ Equinox and other stuff (only deck I didn't see or knew about ahead of time.)

I was the only one to play a completely different deck for the 2nd day event (which was Cardassian/Dominion)

Michael,
who can only win 1E Worlds on years that end in 8's.

By Worf Son of Mogh (Kenneth Tufts)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
The Traveler
1E North American Continental Runner-Up 2023
2E North American Continental Runner-Up 2023
1E Canadian National Runner-Up 2023
2E Canadian National Runner-Up 2023
MVB and ADAM won their first round matches to face off in the grand final winner takes all title match....

AND...

MVB took it all keeping a streak going over both days of the event of not one opponents mission solved by them, though I hear several solved by him :shifty:

Congratulations on the new 2018 1E world champion Michael Van Breemen!

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Nobody solved a mission? Wow.

Were his dilemmas just that good or was his deck just that fast?

Congrats to MVB on the win! :cheersL:
Director of Organized Play
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 - Director of Organized Play
 -  
Architect
1E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
2E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
W.C.T. Chairman's Trophy winner 2014-2015
Congrats to NACC and newly minted 1E World Champ, Michael Van Breemen! :cheersL:
North American OP Coordinator
By The Ninja Scot (Michael Van Breemen)
 - North American OP Coordinator
 -  
1E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E World Champion 2023
Tribbles World Champion 2022
The Traveler
1E North American Continental Champion 2023
2E North American Continental Champion 2023
  Trek Masters 1E Champion 2024
1E American National Champion 2023
1E Canadian National Champion 2023
2E Canadian National Champion 2023
2E  National Runner-Up 2023
2E American National Second Runner-Up 2023
1E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
2E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
Armus wrote:Nobody solved a mission? Wow.

Day 1 - Battle harassment with the Raptors doing most of the heavy duty work, tons of card drawing get most of the people playing for free. I stole the 40 point Neranda against Garry and Adam made things extra easy. I had a mod win against Garry due to losing a bunch from Higher the Fewer, would've won next turn. Against Greg, if I hadn't forgotten to flip Holographic against him, I would've blown up two more of his ships (I had forgotten and there were two tactics on each of his two ships.)

Day 2 - Steve couldn't get past Enemies of the State nor could Adam. Made it through Steve's dilemmas for the win. Got a 1 in 6 pass for the first QI. Played Oran and got past the second QI (having 4 of the 6 requirements.)

Michael

By Mogor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
The Ninja Scot wrote:
Armus wrote:Nobody solved a mission? Wow.

Day 1 - Battle harassment with the Raptors doing most of the heavy duty work, tons of card drawing get most of the people playing for free. I stole the 40 point Neranda against Garry and Adam made things extra easy. I had a mod win against Garry due to losing a bunch from Higher the Fewer, would've won next turn. Against Greg, if I hadn't forgotten to flip Holographic against him, I would've blown up two more of his ships (I had forgotten and there were two tactics on each of his two ships.)

Day 2 - Steve couldn't get past Enemies of the State nor could Adam. Made it through Steve's dilemmas for the win. Got a 1 in 6 pass for the first QI. Played Oran and got past the second QI (having 4 of the 6 requirements.)

Michael
Enemies of the state a beastly dilemma

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
As a borg player, I appreciate Enemies of the State :borg:

Sad no Borg were present but congrats to MVB.

By Nerdopolis Prime (Nerdopolis Prime)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
chompers wrote: The (fun) highlight for me was getting the doctor, Equinox doctor and revised doctor to attempt a mission and have them face and fail medical crisis.
LOL Sounds like fun times.
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 -  
Architect
Sounds like an exciting day of 'trek action. I look forward to reading what happens when 2E takes center stage! Go Greg! :cheersL:
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 -  
Architect
The Ninja Scot wrote:I had an almost all-present day Romulan/Bajoran build but had some Raptors for card draws and ship destruction.

Greg had TNG Feds

I was the only one to play a completely different deck for the 2nd day event (which was Cardassian/Dominion)
All three of these comments surprise me. MVB, you aren't known for playing battle, whereas I would nave never put Greg on TNG Feds for Worlds. The fact that you both didn't go to Enemies of the State for Day 2 is equally surprising, given Greg played that in the online Regional. If nothing else, I would have thought he'd be prep'd for it. Really interested to see all the deck lists. :cross:

By Worf Son of Mogh (Kenneth Tufts)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
The Traveler
1E North American Continental Runner-Up 2023
2E North American Continental Runner-Up 2023
1E Canadian National Runner-Up 2023
2E Canadian National Runner-Up 2023
LORE wrote:
The Ninja Scot wrote:I had an almost all-present day Romulan/Bajoran build but had some Raptors for card draws and ship destruction.

Greg had TNG Feds

All three of these comments surprise me. MVB, you aren't known for playing battle, whereas I would nave never put Greg on TNG Feds for Worlds. The fact that you both didn't go to Enemies of the State for Day 2 is equally surprising, given Greg played that in the online Regional. If nothing else, I would have thought he'd be prep'd for it. Really interested to see all the deck lists. :cross:
Greg may have been prepared for EotS but he played Adam not MVB, so we may never know.
I think that's part of good meta call for MVB to go battlly because no one would be likely to expect it from him, always keep your opponents guessing what you will play.
:)

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Raptors != Battle.

You can play a standard solver and just harass your opponent as a side gig. Especially if all of your people play for free, you can afford the card plays on the Raptors.

I'm very surprised to not see Disrupted Continuum anywhere. Did y'all miss me going next level tech on that card in the Vulcan week video? And no Timepod Ring either? I mean, MVB won and I didn't (and I'm really not trying to throw shade) but I see a lot of potential missed opportunities here. I'm genuinely curious how MVB got to the deck he did and why he left some of these tools in the drawer.

Maybe the [EE] / [22] [Kli] player took advantage of some of those tools?

Very interesting meta. I agree with Josh: a Borg deck would have made things very interesting.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation