You've played at the local, regional, and continental levels. Are you ready to take on the best in the world? Find out all the details about the 2021 World Championships, taking place in Chicago.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
edgeofhearing wrote:
Armus wrote:I'm very surprised to not see Disrupted Continuum anywhere.
Michael used it. It's essential to an EotS lock-out deck.
Ok yeah I see it in his day 2 deck.

Really surprised to not see it in the day one deck though.
Second Edition Rules Master
By Latok
 - Second Edition Rules Master
 -  
1E Australian Continental Champion 2019
2E Australian Continental Runner-Up 2019
Worf Son of Mogh wrote:
LORE wrote:
The Ninja Scot wrote:I had an almost all-present day Romulan/Bajoran build but had some Raptors for card draws and ship destruction.

Greg had TNG Feds

I was the only one to play a completely different deck for the 2nd day event (which was Cardassian/Dominion)
All three of these comments surprise me. MVB, you aren't known for playing battle, whereas I would nave never put Greg on TNG Feds for Worlds. The fact that you both didn't go to Enemies of the State for Day 2 is equally surprising, given Greg played that in the online Regional. If nothing else, I would have thought he'd be prep'd for it. Really interested to see all the deck lists. :cross:
Greg may have been prepared for EotS but he played Adam not MVB, so we may never know.
I think that's part of good meta call for MVB to go battlly because no one would be likely to expect it from him, always keep your opponents guessing what you will play.
:)
The deck I wanted to play wasn't working, it was heavy interaction/lockout but I decided to scrap it and just grabbed Jason Drake's deck from last year, added a bunch of garbage to it for day 1 and lost to MvB with no help from really poor play of Handshake which is a card I hadn't used for 3 years. For Day 2 I just used Jason's deck exactly and Adam beat me with a combination of really good plays backed with 2 QI 66% rolls going against me. He managed to win with 3 space including our shared mission and blew up my Nebula with a fair chunk of my people aboard using a ship from the future and the past.

By nobthehobbit (Daniel Pareja)
 -  
Is Day 2 of 1E Worlds going to be manually set to being sanctioned? Right now it's unsanctioned, probably because it's only two rounds.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Pack genesis effect in your solvers kids. I tried to warn people at/ after NACC...but like global warming, nobody listens to the experts.
North American OP Coordinator
By The Ninja Scot (Michael Van Breemen)
 - North American OP Coordinator
 -  
1E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E World Champion 2023
Tribbles World Champion 2022
The Traveler
1E North American Continental Champion 2023
2E North American Continental Champion 2023
  Trek Masters 1E Champion 2024
1E Canadian National Champion 2023
1E American National Champion 2023
2E Canadian National Champion 2023
2E  National Runner-Up 2023
2E American National Second Runner-Up 2023
1E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
2E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
Hoss-Drone wrote:Pack genesis effect in your solvers kids. I tried to warn people at/ after NACC...but like global warming, nobody listens to the experts.
My opponent did - he used it for Dead End. To be fair, he had never seen the dilemma before which makes it hard to name.

Michael,
Who explained how the dilemma worked.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
The Ninja Scot wrote:
Hoss-Drone wrote:Pack genesis effect in your solvers kids. I tried to warn people at/ after NACC...but like global warming, nobody listens to the experts.
My opponent did - he used it for Dead End. To be fair, he had never seen the dilemma before which makes it hard to name.

Michael,
Who explained how the dilemma worked.

Pro tip for everyone out there: use Genesis effect for dilemmas you can't beat. Not for dilemmas you just find annoying.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Yeah, there is Leeta, Group Therapy. Not so sure if Genesis Effect is reliable though. Playing EotS I'd always use Khan! and Disruptor Overload, just a saved special-dl of Kukalaka is key on ONE mission. EotS needs to be put on the watchlist, if not already there... As does Holographic Carmouflage... Glad Minefield is gone, though.

Congrats to Michael and Greg btw! Meet you in the Dojo!

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Caretaker's Guest wrote:Yeah, there is Leeta, Group Therapy. Not so sure if Genesis Effect is reliable though. Playing EotS I'd always use Khan! and Disruptor Overload, just a saved special-dl of Kukalaka is key on ONE mission. EotS needs to be put on the watchlist, if not already there... As does Holographic Carmouflage... Glad Minefield is gone, though.

Congrats to Michael and Greg btw! Meet you in the Dojo!
How is genesis not reliable? Re read it. Even if I bounce off it and they get the d/l. The next team that qualifies will still nullify it. Genesis is the perfect answer: can't be countered, cant be removed, opponent can't stop you from using it. You can even see the first enemies at planet mission 1, play it on planet mission two and feel good about it.

Now If' you're saying, "what if I don't draw it?"... that's something different and not much of an excuse.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Hoss-Drone wrote:Genesis is the perfect answer: can't be countered, cant be removed, opponent can't stop you from using it.
Khan!'t they? :wink:
Hoss-Drone wrote: Now If' you're saying, "what if I don't draw it?"... that's something different and not much of an excuse.
I'm old enough to remember there being an app for that, but I know that's not how the kids play things these days. :shifty:

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Armus wrote:
Hoss-Drone wrote:Genesis is the perfect answer: can't be countered, cant be removed, opponent can't stop you from using it.
Khan!'t they? :wink:
It says something about how much it's played that I totally forgot that it's a thing. If the enemies deck wants to pack that, so be it. There's still the two planet attempts in a single turn move.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Thanks, Brian. Genesis is out of option. Nullifying it will always be a legal response. My hope is, that Leeta, Group Therapy and SD will hurt it that hard that it will be gone. Or Adapt :) :) . I have been a continuous apologetic of the theorie "let meta clean it", and a hardcore 1E-defender, but in the case of EotS there is too much reward for one fetched Lower Decks. Just put it on the watch-list, and let Bajorans decide. I hate being forced to include a "must-card", EotS does so...

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Caretaker's Guest wrote:Thanks, Brian. Genesis is out of option. Nullifying it will always be a legal response. My hope is, that Leeta, Group Therapy and SD will hurt it that hard that it will be gone. Or Adapt :) :) . I have been a continuous apologetic of the theorie "let meta clean it", and a hardcore 1E-defender, but in the case of EotS there is too much reward for one fetched Lower Decks. Just put it on the watch-list, and let Bajorans decide. I hate being forced to include a "must-card", EotS does so...
There's a bunch of ways to beat it, u just have to be prepared.

Genesis effect
Only logical
Two planet attempts same turn facing both.
- Variation: Attempt, trigger, battle, thine own self, reattempt (or sniper them all away)
- variation: attempt trigger, captured x2, battle, reattempt.

Kevin uxbridge on unprotected lower decks.
Adapt:negate obstruction
3+ space missions = 140 points
Computer crash x2 (trigger first, they rods, you crash next one)

This all off the top of my head.

By Mogor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Enemies of the State is very playable around. Like Hoss was saying there are multiple options for dealing with it.

Genesis Effect is an easy option, event destruction works as well if they are relying on the disrupted continuum effect
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation

It started in mid-2013. At that time it became sta[…]