You've played at the local, regional, and continental levels. Are you ready to take on the best in the world? Find out all the details about the 2021 World Championships, taking place in Chicago.

By Nerdopolis Prime (Nerdopolis Prime)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Wow! Clerasil ToB is normally a chilled person. Mostly staying in the back and ready to give good advice and help instead of arguing on the boards. Just severe unfairness could make him step forward. I guess his tolerance has been put to a hard test if even he is forced to step up. I can see Ken is a dedicated player and he has been attacked. I can see the Australian community being attacked. That´s exactly what I´ve been talking about all the time. People being attacked and everybody seems ok with that. That´s far away from fairness and should be brought to an end.
bosskamiura wrote:Somehow, I sense a CoC update coming soon.

TK
I so hope you are right. This has reached dimensions which are unbereable.

Cheers

Nerdo
Second Edition Rules Master
By Latok
 - Second Edition Rules Master
 -  
1E Australian Continental Champion 2019
2E Australian Continental Runner-Up 2019
KillerB wrote:
Latok wrote: Ok the for once, say what you mean. What is smashing locals and when is that not happening at an event?
"Smashing locals" = casual Australian players.

Fuck, the first time around I had to delete 'jobbers' and replace it with "locals". I know after "zombies" how sensitive you people can be, but it looks like I still can't win.

Nothing I'm blabbering about has to do with Australian players. I know you hate me, but I'm on your side.

It's a shame we have to watch MVB obliterate casual players (and you. Good job with Tides of Fortune btw. I respect that, unlike Michael's deck) and call that a World Championship.

Prove me wrong tomorrow (today? I know they live in the future) Michael... already proven elite World Champions don't accumulate titles in weak fields with jank decks.
So what words was I putting in your mouth then? That's what I said, you don't rate any thing Ken said because Michael is beating casuals (a casual to me is someone who isn't necessarily playing to win) or shit players. Then my point was, when someone does the same thing in America (or probably more accurately a tournament you're at) and beats a mostly casual field it's suddenly relevant.

You're choosing to ignore or discount the power of Cardassians atm because of the people Michael beat with them. It's insulting to his opponent's that are seriously trying to win and diminshes his victories.

Jank? What are you talking about there?

By Honest
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
2E Australian Continental Champion 2019
The 2 players MVB smashed were myself and Amber.

I was completely outclassed in both play skill and deck design. I have no problem in being called an average player (or a local). My best playing days are behind me, I really play and promote the game for fun and the community now. No offence taken, and I truly don't think KillerB meant any.

Amber, on the other hand, has had many deep runs in many high level events on the 3 continents TREK is played on, against a multitude of strong players. She comes from one of the strongest playgroups in the world, and lives with one of the best players and deck designers in the world (as well as being a world champ in his own right), so she has a lot of access to test her decks and her play skills on a regular basis. She also BEAT MVB today to emphasis what a world class player she is.

Insinuating she is average (or a local) is off the mark and completely unfair. If you want to use MVB beating bad players fast as an argument to a card you designed not being broken, I am the only one who should be used as a reference point.

Honest

By KillerB (John Corbett)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
Community Contributor
Hmmm, Ken Tufts poking me in the eye turned into me "attacking" every Austrialian player and Amber? Because I used the word "casual"?

I guess I lost the battle of the narrative on this one.

14 was a good number. Seriously. A success, I'm not being snarky.

The Ken Tufts Apology Tour was successful too. That is snark. But that doesn't mean I'll tolerate him coming at me for no reason like he did yesterday.
Director of Organized Play
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 - Director of Organized Play
 -  
Architect
1E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
2E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
W.C.T. Chairman's Trophy winner 2014-2015
Why is this thread not locked?

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
LORE wrote:Why is this thread not locked?
Why should it be? We can´t lock everything because its maybe uncomfortable. You could lock half the forum following that logic.
StateofSTCCG, who is currently listed as a forum troll [unconstructive and disruptive behavior], made this post. Responding to forum trolls is discouraged.
Display this post.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Nerdopolis Prime wrote:
LORE wrote:Why is this thread not locked?
Why should it be? We can´t lock everything because its maybe uncomfortable. You could lock half the forum following that logic.
+1.

We need to start having conversations about what's going on with the CC. We just can't lock threads because people don't like the things people say. We need to talk about the REAL issues here. What's going on with both 1E & 2E? Why no new cards for either game recently? We need to talk about what happen with Worlds 2018. 7 People for 1E worlds? 2 were from NA, without them it's 5! really? 2E had 14 but still there was a lot more in the down under 3 years ago. What happen? Did the exposed cheater in Worlds 2015 really hurt the game down there? If anyone from there can explain that to me that would be great. You may also PM me if you feel it is necessary.

I'm new to the forums but not new to the games. I've been playing both games off and on for the past 8 years with my roommate. I don't really care much for theses forums but I've noticed over the past few years this community has gone way down. I might be a little too late here but would I love to help bring this committee back to greatness once again.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Hi,

thank you for taking an active role on the forum. I also spotted a decline in the STCCG forum and the hobby itself. I also hope it´s not too late, because it would be a shameful death for a great hobby. If you´re interested, I wrote some threads in the "The Buzz" section of the forum (CC Issues ...) where I talk a bit about the problems. The answers are as well interesting as disturbing. It would be a good idea to read Conclusion first, so you can take a look behind some of my bad behaviours I put in on purpose.

Oh, and I will write you a PM shortly on the topic on cheating in Australia. That was a very unlucky and damaging thing, that unfortunately happened.

Keep on rocking.

Cheers

Nerdo
Ambassador
By bosskamiura (Thomas Kamiura)
 - Ambassador
 -  
Community Contributor
StateofSTCCG wrote: +1.

We need to start having conversations about what's going on with the CC. We just can't lock threads because people don't like the things people say. We need to talk about the REAL issues here. What's going on with both 1E & 2E? Why no new cards for either game recently? We need to talk about what happen with Worlds 2018. 7 People for 1E worlds? 2 were from NA, without them it's 5! really? 2E had 14 but still there was a lot more in the down under 3 years ago. What happen? Did the exposed cheater in Worlds 2015 really hurt the game down there? If anyone from there can explain that to me that would be great. You may also PM me if you feel it is necessary.

I'm new to the forums but not new to the games. I've been playing both games off and on for the past 8 years with my roommate. I don't really care much for theses forums but I've noticed over the past few years this community has gone way down. I might be a little too late here but would I love to help bring this committee back to greatness once again.
Is that you Nasty Nate.ret?

TK

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
Given that this thread hasn't been about its intended purpose (Reports on Day 3 of Worlds) in quite some time, I'm locking it. If something is important enough (and relevant) to start a new thread on it elsewhere, you may do so.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation