You've played at the local, regional, and continental levels. Are you ready to take on the best in the world? Find out all the details about the 2021 World Championships, taking place in Chicago.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
KillerB wrote:Why are we bragging how fast MVB is beating people?

I'm glad the era of Seattle Sociopaths is coming to an end. You people are clueless and have no shame.
I was reading it as less a brag on MVB and more a confirmation that Cardassians are just silly right now.

By KillerB (John Corbett)
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
Community Contributor
Armus wrote:

I'm glad the era of Seattle Sociopaths is coming to an end. You people are clueless and have no shame.
I was reading it as less a brag on MVB and more a confirmation that Cardassians are just silly right now.
It's this where we judge the entire state of the game based on MVB smashing locals?

That's even more clueless.

By Nerdopolis Prime (Nerdopolis Prime)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Armus wrote:

Absolutely right!

By Worf Son of Mogh (Kenneth Tufts)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
The Traveler
1E North American Continental Runner-Up 2023
2E North American Continental Runner-Up 2023
1E Canadian National Runner-Up 2023
2E Canadian National Runner-Up 2023
KillerB wrote:
Armus wrote:
It's this where we judge the entire state of the game based on MVB smashing locals?

Because Amber is a Aussie local??? I was commenting not on MVB but on his deck and how some cards now exist dispite people saying they are silly, but as it was mid event I was not going to post deck specific info. I was prepreping for the Cardies are silly ATM comments that should be coming after this event, as this now makes several events and several players that have experienced similar effects with them, MVB has just been refining the deck and may have hit in the ultimate iteration and it's insanin at what it does.
Ambassador
 - Ambassador
 -  
Latok wrote:Unfortunately my battery died today so I couldn't post anything in all the spare time I had between rounds. I was playing Romulan Assassins, much like Richard New's deck from gencon. I added a combo that is probably the best feeling I've ever had in 2E when it lands, Tides of Fortune + Soul Searching. 15 bonus points and your own dilemma under a mission of your choice.
Omg omg omg. I’ve wanted to use tides of fortune, like, forever! Glad someone finally found a use for it!
Second Edition Rules Master
By Latok
 - Second Edition Rules Master
 -  
1E Australian Continental Champion 2019
2E Australian Continental Runner-Up 2019
KillerB wrote:
Armus wrote:

I like how in your head the 'bragging' about how quickly his wins were is bad but implying it's utterly irrelevant because who he's playing as opposed to if it was against the Minnesota play group and you. Yeah clueless...

-  
Architect
Community Contributor
Fritzinger wrote:
This sentence makes me sad. Are you telling me that the Seattle crew is dunzo?
I'm saying no more absurd OP decisions that lead to a weekend like this.

I know, I know... It's a "celebration" and "everyone is having fun".

All of that is well and good. I was content on keeping my mouth shut this weekend. But then Ken Tufts thought being the TD for Worlds had Quantum Leap'd 2015 away, he never cheated like a scumbag, and it was good idea to fuck with John Corbett today.

You want the villain. You boys fucking got it.

Mod Note [Boffo97]: User was warned for this post.
Second Edition Rules Master
By Latok
 - Second Edition Rules Master
 -  
1E Australian Continental Champion 2019
2E Australian Continental Runner-Up 2019
KillerB wrote:Greg, you become very good at putting words in my mouth and accusing me of arguments I'm not making. You've been listening to American right wing radio.
Ok the for once, say what you mean. What is smashing locals and when is that not happening at an event?

-  
Architect
Community Contributor
Latok wrote:
KillerB wrote:Greg, you become very good at putting words in my mouth and accusing me of arguments I'm not making. You've been listening to American right wing radio.
Ok the for once, say what you mean. What is smashing locals and when is that not happening at an event?
"Smashing locals" = casual Australian players.

Fuck, the first time around I had to delete 'jobbers' and replace it with "locals". I know after "zombies" how sensitive you people can be, but it looks like I still can't win.

Nothing I'm blabbering about has to do with Australian players. I know you hate me, but I'm on your side.

It's a shame we have to watch MVB obliterate casual players (and you. Good job with Tides of Fortune btw. I respect that, unlike Michael's deck) and call that a World Championship.

Prove me wrong tomorrow (today? I know they live in the future) Michael... already proven elite World Champions don't accumulate titles in weak fields with jank decks.
Ambassador
By bosskamiura (Thomas Kamiura)
 - Ambassador
 -  
Community Contributor
Somehow, I sense a CoC update coming soon.

TK
European OP Coordinator
 - European OP Coordinator
 -  
I have to say, I find it great that Ken did the TD job for this weekend.

Honestly, whatever happened is over now for years, Ken has spent a lot of money to fly over there just to be a judge, so WHY IS HE ATTACKED ONCE MORE???

And yeah, MVB is a real bad player, he has no clue how to play BOTH games, so he has to fly to Australia to win something, he has never done something like this... (@MVB: we don't have a clue in Austria as well, so just fly over next year and grab your titles, Slaby has no clue of both games as well, because he is just a European)
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation