You've played at the local, regional, and continental levels. Are you ready to take on the best in the world? Find out all the details about the 2021 World Championships, taking place in Chicago.
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
Congratulations Greg!

Sent through Subspace from the Starship Enterprise

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Marquetry wrote:Will post more tonight when at the laptop - but it was a great game! Congrats to Greg, the Romulans overcame the explorers of Starfleet!
Were Deep Hatred and/or an Imperial Entanglements counter war involved? I hope so!

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Also, as the President pro tempore of the Star Trek CCG First Loser's Club, I'd like to take this opportunity to welcome our newest members, Greg and Amber!

Amber as our newest member it will be your job to take notes at our meetings and answer the door when people visit us while we're in session...

It is also with "regret" that I must announce that a mere 24 hours after being inducted, Mr. Dillon has had his membership revoked. By winning the championship today, he has proven himself unworthy of the title of First Loser, and forfeits all rank and privilege in our distinguished group.

Good riddance, mr. Champ, we hardly knew you.

:wink: :P

By Nerdopolis Prime (Nerdopolis Prime)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Armus wrote:Also, as the President pro tempore of the Star Trek CCG First Loser's Club, I'd like to take this opportunity to welcome our newest members, Greg and Amber!

Amber as our newest member it will be your job to take notes at our meetings and answer the door when people visit us while we're in session...

It is also with "regret" that I must announce that a mere 24 hours after being inducted, Mr. Dillon has had his membership revoked. By winning the championship today, he has proven himself unworthy of the title of First Loser, and forfeits all rank and privilege in our distinguished group.

Good riddance, mr. Champ, we hardly knew you.

:wink: :P
Hahaha, thats great. :D

Grats to the new Champ. It must have been a hell of a ride. And tons of fun too. Well done.

Cheers

Nerdo

By Worf Son of Mogh (Kenneth Tufts)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
The Traveler
1E North American Continental Runner-Up 2023
2E North American Continental Runner-Up 2023
1E Canadian National Runner-Up 2023
2E Canadian National Runner-Up 2023
10 players grabbed their furry balls, and Tribbled around with them, in the end it was found Michael Van Breemen had the furriest balls and became the 2018 Tribbles Worlds Champion.

Congrats all who came and had an awsome time, hope we see good reason to gather down uder again in the future adn play with soem cardboard with silly pictures of Star Trek on it, the group here is GREAT, and I observed some of the best games of trek I've seen at any high level event while TDing the big events.

By chompers (Steve Hartmann)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
1E Australian Continental Runner-Up 2019
2E Australian Continental Semi-Finalist 2019
Congrats to Greg

There is a lot of things going on in Greg's deck and I happily admit I'm not the player to break it apart and try and beat it .... but I think the key today was the recurring TR-116 Rifle was pretty much a lockout once the first wave of damage was complete

I'll post my day 1 and day 2 versions of the Cardassian deck shortly
Second Edition Rules Master
By Latok
 - Second Edition Rules Master
 -  
1E Australian Continental Champion 2019
2E Australian Continental Runner-Up 2019
Armus wrote:
Marquetry wrote:Will post more tonight when at the laptop - but it was a great game! Congrats to Greg, the Romulans overcame the explorers of Starfleet!
Were Deep Hatred and/or an Imperial Entanglements counter war involved? I hope so!
So yes and no. The game was pretty much over from my point of view (not sure how Amber saw it) when I went second and could download Tal, I know Amber does not want to purge her interrupts. So with Tal in to a 2 cost person triggering off the GPT Amber had already drawn I got Keras and can guarantee a free download every turn basically. So I could get a ship with an assassin easily and while I did draw both Deep Hatreds and a Secret Agenda (which I even played with no Leadership in play) the strategy was to let Amber destroy whatever and lurk at Jupiter, then rely on Harried and Harrassed if she goes to a planet. With the free download I could get TR-116 rolling early to put pressure on Amber and prevent her from sitting around building up personnel.
Second Edition Rules Master
By Latok
 - Second Edition Rules Master
 -  
1E Australian Continental Champion 2019
2E Australian Continental Runner-Up 2019
chompers wrote:Congrats to Greg

There is a lot of things going on in Greg's deck and I happily admit I'm not the player to break it apart and try and beat it .... but I think the key today was the recurring TR-116 Rifle was pretty much a lockout once the first wave of damage was complete

I'll post my day 1 and day 2 versions of the Cardassian deck shortly
Yeah TR-116, after killing a bunch and ideally destaffing them at the first mission attempt, to filter mission skills or [Cmd] .

By Marquetry
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
Latok wrote:
Armus wrote:
So yes and no. The game was pretty much over from my point of view (not sure how Amber saw it) when I went second and could download Tal, I know Amber does not want to purge her interrupts. So with Tal in to a 2 cost person triggering off the GPT Amber had already drawn I got Keras and can guarantee a free download every turn basically. So I could get a ship with an assassin easily and while I did draw both Deep Hatreds and a Secret Agenda (which I even played with no Leadership in play) the strategy was to let Amber destroy whatever and lurk at Jupiter, then rely on Harried and Harrassed if she goes to a planet. With the free download I could get TR-116 rolling early to put pressure on Amber and prevent her from sitting around building up personnel.
I forgot about being able to over-draw and discard my interrupts; you're right, it's against my nature to discard them!... but I wasn't overly optimistic, based on when I played against yesterday's version I don't remember getting a mission done (but I did today!). I was just trying to do what I could, maybe get lucky :) I managed to Lustful one Imperial Entanglements, to try keeping my people alive & on my side of the table. I agree the Rifle was a huge help, repeated turn-after-turn targeted kills are very strong, especially when combined with the hand drain and dilemmas.

It's a great deck, and was played well- clearly took a lot of practice to get right!

And I got lucky against Michael.. on my last mission he gave me Rapid Progress, and the 4 skills he named were ones I had- he thought I had the Science PADD in play instead of the Engineering equipment, otherwise I would have needed to use my Accumulated Knowledge to get though it and Back to Basics would have stopped it; instead I passed RP and unstopped on the Back to Basics for the solve/win.

Armus- I take good notes, just don't make the meetings too early in the morning :P

By Honest
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
2E Australian Continental Champion 2019
So Worlds 2018 is over, and I am a little sad. Just over 12 months in the making, it was something to look forward to.

14 goobers for the main game was a couple short of what I was hoping for, but we did what we could. The good natured sportsmanship on display over the weekend was great, if only other CCGs could take note.

Thanks heaps to

Pete Hill for travelling up from Hobart
Big Nuts and Adam for travelling up from Canberra
Admiral Garry and Greg for coming down from QLD
Chompers for coming down from Nelson's Bay
Amber and Michael for travelling in from Seattle
Ken Tuffs for coming down from Vancouver

All the visitors to our fair city were both classy and gracious representatives of their respective areas. Great to have them, I hope they choose to visit us more often.

Ken especially deserves praise and thanks. He flew several thousand K's at his own expense not to play, but to RUN the 2 biggest events the CC has. This isn't the first time the man has done this either. This selflessness is something that I personally respect and appreciate, I sincerely hope that admiration is adopted by the greater CC community.

To the winners MVB (1E and Tribbles) and Greg (2e), well done. Not only did you win, you won with grace. That reflects well on your respective characters and well as you terrific playing abilities

It was great to see Shane back as well. His deck, whilst it turned out to not work as he thought it did, was pretty innovative. Once he tinkers with it so it does work, it will be a nice addition to the meta.

To everyone who came along to play, cheers. You made the weekend fun

Thanks all, travel safe, and keep enjoying a great game

Honest

By flrazor (Jeremy Benedict)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Congrats to MVB and Greg on their victories, and thanks to Kieren and Ken for the commentary and updates all weekend. Kieren has shown time and again he can put on a fantastic event and he should be proud of his efforts. :cheersR:
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation