You've played at the local, regional, and continental levels. Are you ready to take on the best in the world? Find out all the details about the 2021 World Championships, taking place in Chicago.
First Edition Creative Manager
By KazonPADD (Paddy Tye)
 - First Edition Creative Manager
 -  
1E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
1E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
A schedule soon would be good. Preferably with nothing crucial after 6pm on the Sunday...

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
I still need a place for my "Masters event"
Uihh! Sounds like fun!

How about making the players play same affiliation both editions or a random affiliation constructed?

Can't wait for Worlds! Vienna was always a blast.

By DarkSabre (Austin Chandler)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
pschrader wrote:I'm still making my travel arrangements but I'll likely be available for the entire four day period so I have no strong preferences.
Glad you are going to represent Sector 001!
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
pschrader wrote:I'm still making my travel arrangements but I'll likely be available for the entire four day period so I have no strong preferences.
Woohoo!
Executive Officer
 - Executive Officer
 -  
I don’t know the answer, but I can say that IMO, absinthe is overrated. In my (very limited) experience, the absinthe high is a myth. If you like black licorice, go for it. Otherwise, skip it.

Sent through Subspace from the Starship Enterprise

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
EDIT: I thought I knew something about it, and stared bragging about it. But the Green Fairytale has indeed been hard to die out, and what I thought I knew was mostly supposition, according to wiki.

Note to self: first research. Then rant. :D

Still, for the record, I'll leave my more conservative rant below. If nothing else, it shows the pervasiveness of the rumours, even for someone who thought he knew stuff from reliable sources and had already drunk it.

Obama was right.
The facts: it used to be a poisonous concoction(?) that could indeed make one hallucinate, and I believe to remember, do permanent brain damage (cause insanity) in higher accumulated quantities. But, contrary to popular belief, the Old Continent has since acquired a semblance of civilization. It is strictly forbidden to sell potentially deadly drugs of such nature.
However, there are liquors on the market which safely approximate the taste and colour of old absinthe, yet w/o the poisonous ingredients.
Except for one (which, yes, I do still imbibe a bit at times, too): alcohol is a poison and hard drug. But for some funny reason, together w/ nicotine, it may still be fairly readily distributed on Old and New Continents alike. 8) Weird fact. :shifty:
Of course, there may be a black market for the old poisonous stuff, absinthe or otherwise.
As with everything everywhere -- perhaps risk a ridiculing smile by just asking, and trusting the amused answer; and moreover, buy absinthe in a professional-looking shop from a not-too-shady salesperson, and
you'll be fine. I was. Nothing happened to me; I just started playing STCCG again, thinking it would be relaxing.
No impaired logic there. :D
Executive Officer
 - Executive Officer
 -  
Marquetry wrote:No worries, it's more of a curiosity... sort of "what's all the fuss about?"
If I remember my history correctly, absinthe became very popular in the late 1800s and was causing wine makers in France to lose money. They basically started a propaganda program that got it banned.

Sent through Subspace from the Starship Enterprise

By Marquetry
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
OK, now for a question I'm worried about.. I didn't realize 2E day 2 was scheduled to go until 5:30!! How far is the venue from the airport by taxi? Our flight is at 7:50 which I wouldn't have gone for if I realized how late the schedule for 2e is showing.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Marquetry wrote:OK, now for a question I'm worried about.. I didn't realize 2E day 2 was scheduled to go until 5:30!! How far is the venue from the airport by taxi? Our flight is at 7:50 which I wouldn't have gone for if I realized how late the schedule for 2e is showing.
I mean, it's not like you or Michael are threats to win or anything, right?

Van Breemens winning Worlds, that never happens!

:shifty: :wink: :P

By Kaiser
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
1E World Semi-Finalist 2023
Architect
Marquetry wrote:OK, now for a question I'm worried about.. I didn't realize 2E day 2 was scheduled to go until 5:30!! How far is the venue from the airport by taxi? Our flight is at 7:50 which I wouldn't have gone for if I realized how late the schedule for 2e is showing.
2e day 2 may well be over by 3pm, if not all rounds go to time and people can do without extended breaks. But Assuming a 9am start and allowing 60 minutes + 20 minutes for overtime and setup for the next games, double elimination with 8 players (6 rounds max, right?) could run for 8 hours until the winner has been decided. If you win the title at 5pm, grab the trophy and leave immediately, you should be good with the flight. By taxi it should take around 30 minutes to get to the airport, iirc.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation

It started in mid-2013. At that time it became sta[…]