You've played at the local, regional, and continental levels. Are you ready to take on the best in the world? Find out all the details about the 2021 World Championships, taking place in Chicago.
European OP Coordinator
 - European OP Coordinator
 -  
Hey guys!

With the start of our Worlds Informations series I would like to opne up a poll...without a regular poll.

I intend to do two days of 1E main events, and two days of 2E. A lot of players interested in World are only playing one of the games. So in this thread I'm asking all players who like to attend Worlds on which days they would like to have their game to be played. Not by an anonimous poll, just answer to this call, and the majority wins.

The possible outcomes would be: Thursday & Friday 1E, Saturday & Sunday 2E OR vice versa. Please note that I'll ignore possible fake accounts. And please only post something if you're interested in attending Worlds - I would have the best outcome possible for everyone attending...

Please vote

:cheersL: :cheersL: :cheersL: :borg: :cheersR: :cheersR: :cheersR:
First Edition Creative Manager
By KazonPADD (Paddy Tye)
 - First Edition Creative Manager
 -  
1E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
1E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
I’d vote for trying to keep the main championship events as close as possible to the weekend to maximise potential attendance. In particular I would avoid using the Thursday as “Day 1” for either game - preferring Day 1’s to be held on Fri/Sat and both Day 2’s on the Sunday.
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
I will be in attendance. I will play 1E if I don't create a bye, but I am really there for 2E. I'll be returning to 'murica on the 11th. I never plan to make Day 2, so you can discount me on that score. :lol:

Basically, I wouldn't mind 2E first, but I'll be cool with whatever.
European OP Coordinator
 -  
KazonPADD wrote:I’d vote for trying to keep the main championship events as close as possible to the weekend to maximise potential attendance. In particular I would avoid using the Thursday as “Day 1” for either game - preferring Day 1’s to be held on Fri/Sat and both Day 2’s on the Sunday.
This is something I'd like to avoid. I've seen enough high level events with two Day 2 events on the same day, if the first one takes longer and one who's playing both is still in it, the other players are pissed because they have to wait...
European OP Coordinator
 -  
But to be honest - this is my first idea on how this event should be done, if I hear enough other voices calling for something different, I might hear them. What is for sure is that 2E day 2 will be played in a "classic" double elimination format as we have played several times before in Europe...
European OP Coordinator
 -  
I still need a place for my "Masters event" (a tournament in which you have to play 1E and 2E) - this might be a good place for Thursday...

By monty42 (Benjamin Liebich)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
2E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
Chancellor
2E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
2E German National Champion 2022
I'm planning an extended stay so I don't really care what we play when. Just point me at a seat, put some beer in me and tell me what's on... :cheersL:

By Mogh, Son Of Worf (Meinhard S. Rohr)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
1E Swedish National Champion 2018
KazonPADD wrote:I’d vote for trying to keep the main championship events as close as possible to the weekend to maximise potential attendance. In particular I would avoid using the Thursday as “Day 1” for either game - preferring Day 1’s to be held on Fri/Sat and both Day 2’s on the Sunday.
This. I rather have nobody play 1E because they play 2E that day than nobody play 1E because it's on Thursday.
Executive Officer
 - Executive Officer
 -  
T-Ricks wrote:
jadziadax8 wrote:I never plan to make Day 2, so you can discount me on that score. :lol
Hmm, didn't learn your lessen from 2017 Worlds? :o :shifty: :D
That was a fluke, I swear!

Sent through Subspace from the Starship Enterprise
Executive Officer
 - Executive Officer
 -  
Clerasil ToB wrote:I still need a place for my "Masters event" (a tournament in which you have to play 1E and 2E) - this might be a good place for Thursday...
Agreed. This tournament format has intrigued me greatly.

Sent through Subspace from the Starship Enterprise
Online OP Coordinator
By pfti (Jon Carter)
 - Online OP Coordinator
 -  
2E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
I just have to be in Munich to catch a flight that leaves Monday at 1230, so I leave things otherwise to the other players

By scox (Johan Skoglund)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Mogh, Son Of Worf wrote:
This. I rather have nobody play 1E because they play 2E that day than nobody play 1E because it's on Thursday.
Completely agree with this statement, as principle.

For me personally, playing 1E only, Fri-Sat or Sat-Sun would not really matter, although Sat-Sun is easier of course. But day one on Thursday would mean much higher risk I would not be able to attend.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

First: Rescue Captives is OP, there should[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation