You've played at the local, regional, and continental levels. Are you ready to take on the best in the world? Find out all the details about the 2021 World Championships, taking place in Chicago.

By monty42 (Benjamin Liebich)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
2E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
Chancellor
2E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
2E German National Champion 2022
Yeah the french...
If I remember correctly, we tried to solve that problem in the 30s and you guys went all like "Oouh that's a no no".
Now see what you've gotten yourself into...

By bhosp
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
monty42 wrote:Yeah the french...
If I remember correctly, we tried to solve that problem in the 30s and you guys went all like "Oouh that's a no no".
Now see what you've gotten yourself into...
Too soon.

By Nerdopolis Prime (Nerdopolis Prime)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Its WRONG to be French!

... and it was the 40ies :wink:

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Yesterday, 21h00:
In car with Latro. ETA (at parking; still need U-bahn to hotel, also) this morning was 19h00. Heavy rain, 2 crashes that closed highway. Now, ETA 23h00. :x

Last road trip I'll be making. :( ("Gettin' too old for this...")

But -- prolly -- see you tomorrow. :?

I'll read other stories later -- think I saw funny pics, above!?

Today, 09h00:
We survived, hit bunks around 01h00, and will be seeing you soon. :thumbsup:
In time, too -- seems people need some education on world history. :P :wink:
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
I’m back in the States and got to sleep in my own bed last night due to a fortuitously delayed flight from Nashville to Chicago. It was bad for my fellow passengers but good for me, otherwise I’d be at the airport right now.

I had an absolutely wonderful time in Vienna. I was telling folks there that I only missed two things; my kids and this:

I’ll get to see the kids probably within the next hour or so when they wake up. [emoji16]

Sent through Subspace from the Starship Enterprise

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
You missed that enormous mug...? :D Or what's in it?

The mugs at JazzLand were perfect for my coffee. :thumbsup:

I'm 60% home. My wheels kept themselves together; and thanks to the German autobahn I now know her practical speed cap.

In hotel now, tomorrow visiting Speyer Technik Museum (it has an U-boot! And a Soviet orbiter test mock-up :thumbsup: ) and then onwards ever homeward.

I had a blast, too. I "felt feelings" (Hosp's words) when Josef spoke, but also when I went out the door yesterday. I miss you geeky lot and the venue and the games, already. Awesome memories.
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
I missed enormous cups of American coffee. Don’t get me wrong; Viennese coffee is delicious. I just kept wishing it came in bigger servings. :lol:

Sent through Subspace from the Starship Enterprise

By Marquetry
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
I miss having international travel that doesn't have problems...

The week is Vienna is great. Getting there, and now getting home, is making me need another vacation.

Flight from Lisbon to San Fran was delayed at the tarmac... so we're missing out flight to Everett due to the 90 min delay. Not sure when we'll get home, ha-ha.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Jadzia, I hear you. :thumbsup: But that's quite standard here, if you don't [Int] to enhance the attributes. Did you ask for a double serving? Or did you see the mug that I got twice? Not as big as your 'Murrican one (figures... :P ) but perfect for me.

Marquetry: oh boy, best wishes for the rest of the trip! :?

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Meanwhile, while procrastinating instead of getting on the road...

Clerasil really wanted to give this colourful Trek 50 Anniversary mug a different good home. It could've been you, Jadzia -- if only we'd known! (I have already more than enough mugs in my collection, but I couldn't let it go to waste. Had I known of your obsession with large coffees...)

The staff of the vintage, budget but and great hotel where I am now, Luxhof near Speyer (I slept wonderfully) was kind enough to poor me a coffee in it. 8)
Attachments:
20190813_110406_HDR~2-1.jpg
20190813_110406_HDR~2-1.jpg (204.47 KiB) Viewed 8888 times

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Half a day later... Home.

The Speyer Technik Museum was great. Was there from 12h00 to 18h00, barely enough time to see all (and loiter around Buran shuttle and U-9 submarine for extended) periods.

Hurray for die Deutsche Autobahn. I didn't know my wheels (old and rather cheap -- but German) and I could handle 190kph on cruise control. 8) Another new experience. :thumbsup:

Is everybody else slowly, safely, dripping back into orbit around their homeworlds?
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation

It started in mid-2013. At that time it became sta[…]