You've played at the local, regional, and continental levels. Are you ready to take on the best in the world? Find out all the details about the 2021 World Championships, taking place in Chicago.

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Hello all,

It's official! 8) A comrade -- Latro -- and I will be joining for the big event. (Just observing, for the moment -- but I might look into options to join a game.)

I'm really interested to know -- which of you are also coming?

I've seen people confirm their attendance in various places, but it's hard for me to get a full picture. If there's a full list of attendees somewhere, please link me up; otherwise, please do post here! :thumbsup: :) :cheersL:

Hope to see you there! :borg:

PS: as you all know by now -- I get really confused, incredibly fast. :P :wink:
It'd be great if in your post, you could add your real name and your handle/nickname, if those are both public and different from each other.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
monty42 wrote:I think the three main event pages should give quite an accurate representation of who'll actually be in attendance. Disregarding the few "experts" who don't like to pre-reg.
That's a great start -- thanks! -- but without their forum names/handles. Would be nice to have it all in one place.

And how will new people (like us) recognize the people we've been talking with on forum? I'd be really interested in wearing "dog (name) tags" (I saw that at IRL forum conventions in the past -- we wore buttons/pins -- great idea!)... :P :wink:

And the 'experts' you mentioned (no idea who or why) are kindly invited to 'register' here! :thumbsup: :)

I hope to meet many people I've been talking with here, but I don't know how to recognize them... and when everybody's playing, it's hard to ask (and, for me, to remember) names...
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
I’m sitting at O’Hare waiting to board my (now delayed) flight. I’m Maggie (jadziadax8) and my husband is Nathan (Fourstring). He’s not playing, unless someone can lend him a super simple deck (Klingons preferred) for the 2E Biermeister.

We pack light:

Sent through Subspace from the Starship Enterprise

By Marquetry
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
From the Pacific Northwest, 4 of us are coming (I can't find a picture with a small enough file size to post, but I'll be one of only 2 women there based on currently known attendees- so hopefully that part helps!) :)

Amber Van Breemen - Marquetry
Michael Van Breemen - The Ninja Scot
Ken Tufts - Worf Son of Mogh
Justin Ford - Resistance is Futile

By monty42 (Benjamin Liebich)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
2E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
Chancellor
2E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
2E German National Champion 2022
There usually is enough downtime between games and tourneys to just talk to us. Unlike what you might've heard most of us are actually quite friendly people (although some are a bit crazy)

*hint: If you buy me a beer, I'll point at people and yell their names. :wink:

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
jadziadax8 wrote:I’m sitting at O’Hare waiting to board my (now delayed) flight. I’m Maggie (jadziadax8)
Yes! We've met on forum, in threads here & there! :cheersL: :thumbsup:
my husband is Nathan (Fourstring). He’s not playing, unless someone can lend him a super simple deck (Klingons preferred) for the 2E Biermeister.
I'll be bringing my "Impulse Speed", 40-card, Traditional 1e training decks. I'd be more than thrilled (as a newcomer to this forum and a total novice in the field of OP) to play a few casual games with Nathan! :D (Does he play bass?)
monty42 wrote:Unlike what you might've heard
Haha! Or read from yourself; see the "explain your avatar" topic! :wink:
most of us are actually quite friendly people
That's really good to know. Some of us are actually very shy people, although doing their best not to appear as such here nor IRL. So you won't notice it, but those few of us will actually be very relieved to find any others to be friendly. 8)

although some are a bit crazy
That's OK, really. I am, too. 8)
I'd love to. Even more, I'd love to have the money for it. But this trip will put me in the red figures. I felt I had to do it anyway, since it's "nearby" and a great opportunity. But I'll have to save [Rule] wherever I can.
However, I can pay you in other ways for your services. (No, sexecutioner -- not like that. And no, Kaiserfest attendees; not with that. That's too... purple, for one.)
I can be a great listener. And a great conversationalist. I can boost your ego. I can play a casual "Impulse Speed" game with you, do my best, and have you win anyway -- at my own format with my own decks -- thus paying you with bragging rights.
And I may have a few SudenKäpälan Seals Of Approval left.
:wink:
jadziadax8 wrote:Cheers from the airport.
Cheers! :cheersR: Have a wonderful journey. (Photo! :thumbsup: Is that Fourstrings? Hi!)

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Chancellor
SudenKapala wrote:
I'd love to. Even more, I'd love to have the money for it. But this trip will put me in the red figures. I felt I had to do it anyway, since it's "nearby" and a great opportunity. But I'll have to save [Rule] wherever I can.
However, I can pay you in other ways for your services. (No, sexecutioner -- not like that. And no, Kaiserfest attendees; not with that. That's too... purple, for one.)
I can be a great listener. And a great conversationalist. I can boost your ego. I can play a casual "Impulse Speed" game with you, do my best, and have you win anyway -- at my own format with my own decks -- thus paying you with bragging rights.
And I may have a few SudenKäpälan Seals Of Approval left.
:wink:
Yeah no worries, I expect to be half drunk for most of the weekend anyway so you're most likely gonna get all my charming excentricities for free.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Chancellor
Have a good flight.

If at any time during the flight you get bored, feel free to stand up and yell as loud as you can: OMG WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!
Executive Officer
 - Executive Officer
 -  
monty42 wrote:
Have a good flight.

If at any time during the flight you get bored, feel free to stand up and yell as loud as you can: OMG WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!
Bwahahaha!

And yes, Süden, my husband plays bass and no, he has respectfully declined your invitation to play 1E. However, he would play Magic.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Marquetry wrote:Amber Van Breemen - Marquetry
Michael Van Breemen - The Ninja Scot
Ken Tufts - Worf Son of Mogh
Justin Ford - Resistance is Futile
Great to know! 1138. I'm working on a name / handle / nationality list, myself... WIP.
From the Pacific Northwest, 4 of us are coming (I can't find a picture with a small enough file size to post, but I'll be one of only 2 women there based on currently known attendees- so hopefully that part helps!) :)
Photos are always great! :) Yes, far too few women on the forum. I feel it's always a great thing if a community is diverse and there's too large a % of men around here. :wink:
jadziadax8 wrote:We pack light:
I certainly don't. 8)
For one, I need to pack lots of [OCD] . And also: "Need to pack lots; a lot of OCD". :P

(But seriously -- you'll be far from home for at least 2 or 3 weeks and you brought only that!? I both salute you and pity you -- but mostly, I salute. 8) )
Attachments:
DSCN6442b.jpg
DSCN6442b.jpg (206.77 KiB) Viewed 8222 times

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
jadziadax8 wrote:And yes, Süden,
Most people complain there's too many dots in my name. Not you -- you add more! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Ich mag diese frau! Sie geht dran. (Hilarious quote from the German languageversion of the film, The Dish, which I once watched.)
my husband plays bass and no, he has respectfully declined your invitation to play 1E.
Because of 1e? Or because he wants to learn from what he perceives to be sure to be a better person? :P :wink:
However, he would play Magic.
Not sure if I have room to pack my MTG decks -- but I'll try to bring at least one.
Guess what. I have no cards older than 2003, and I exclusively play with the old layout. My Traditionalism exceeds Trek boundaries.

Oh -- my companion, Latro, likes to play MTG too. He'll bring decks for sure. Shoot him a PM!
Executive Officer
 - Executive Officer
 -  
SudenKapala wrote:
(But seriously -- you'll be far from home for at least 2 or 3 weeks and you brought only that!? I both salute you and pity you -- but mostly, I salute. 8) )
We spent many years traveling by motorcycle. That teaches you what’s essential.

1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation