You've played at the local, regional, and continental levels. Are you ready to take on the best in the world? Find out all the details about the 2021 World Championships, taking place in Chicago.
  • 173 posts

By Marquetry
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
Yes, Oliver had lost to Ken earlier :). He says thanks. We made it to the airport, yay! Thanks so much to Sabrina and Josef for making sure we got here on time.

Thanks to Julius for organizing/running, and Stefan, Michael A., and the others for running/helping over the weekend - had a great time, look forward to coming back! Will have more to type later probably :)
Chief Financial Officer
 - Chief Financial Officer
 -  
1E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
1E Ferenginar Regional Champion 2023
Just wanted to give a major shout out to Julius for the great 4 days worlds weekend that he put together for everyone to enjoy. There were a lot of events running from as early as 8 am (today) until 2 am (1E semi finals yesterday or early this morning LOL).

It takes a lot to organize this and have it be such a huge success.
#TeamVienna very amazing job hosting our worlds this year

**Special shout out**
Josef, your passion for this game and the community around is unmatched and I can't thank you enough for this year. I wish you all the best, and hope to see you again soon.

Off to a week in Prague before I have to sadly get back to work

By monty42 (Benjamin Liebich)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
2E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
Chancellor
2E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
2E German National Champion 2022
Boy I sure hope my damage didn't take any brain this weekend!
Director of Organized Play
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 - Director of Organized Play
 -  
Architect
1E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
2E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
W.C.T. Chairman's Trophy winner 2014-2015
Congrats to Ken on his latest World title!

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Congrats to Peter, Tjark, and Ken for winning their respective 2019 World Championships!

Like I said a few days ago, it looks like the Euro crew really put on a show this year. It was great to see so many top players in the same room at the same time going against each other - that's the way Worlds should be, and these championships were clearly well-earned.

From where I'm sitting, the only thing that could have made it better would have been being able to be there to throw down with you guys. I'm not sure how well I would have come through it, but this is the kind of field I want to test myself against.

But absent that, it was a lot of fun following along from home. A big thanks to everyone who posted updates and pictures so those of us in internet land could get a taste of being there, even if only vicariously.

Great job by all involved! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :cheersL: :cheersL:
European OP Coordinator
 - European OP Coordinator
 -  
Two more side Events to add, but after Managing entering the Double Elimination properly, I am far too tired...

Thanks for all the nice words. Having Worlds at my place was a Young boy's dream came true, thanks for that.

And a Special thanks for all those unbelievable guys staying a Little bit longer to "Reshape the Jazzland" in about 15 minutes...you are the heroes.

More Information in the next couple of days...good night :cheersL: :cheersL: :cheersL:

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Congrats to Peter Ludwig on his 1e worlds win and welcome to the 1e top 5! Drinks are in the back next to the sushi roll snacks and paper bullseye you now have to wear.

I'll get you the secret handshake info and remember our motto "You are now kind of a big deal. Get used to rules nerfing your deck."

By Honest
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
2E Australian Continental Champion 2019
30 people playing TREK...that is itself a wonderful achievement. Well done all involved.

COngrats to the winners. Well done Greg for defending the title and representing Down Under.

I am glad the event was a success

Honest

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Takket wrote:Congrats to all the winners :)
Gheh! I guess I get to say thanks, here! I actually won a 3-round side event! :D Now there's an unexpected turn of events... :wink:
In 1E, what is a "cool" tournament?
People make awesome, fun, or "cool" constructed decks. Not the most points, but the coolest deck wins the event.

One such event did not go through due to fatigue and time constraints, but I had the fortune to play Admiral Gary's [Kli] deck against Sexecutioner's "cool" deck.

It was a spectacularly funny game. I literally cried from LMAO. :P
Last edited by SudenKapala on Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
StateofSTCCG, who is currently listed as a forum troll [unconstructive and disruptive behavior], made this post. Responding to forum trolls is discouraged.
Display this post.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Any Videos of the Final day?

By bhosp
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Resistance-is-futile wrote: **Special shout out**
Josef, your passion for this game and the community around is unmatched and I can't thank you enough for this year. I wish you all the best, and hope to see you again soon.
Old Kor made everyone cry and unlike Silvia Tilly, I hate feeling feelings :(
Resistance-is-futile wrote: Off to a week in Prague before I have to sadly get back to work
Humblebrag. Gonna expand what I said about Ken to include your whole Seattle polyknot: you’re the best heel stable ever—the Degeneration X of trek.

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
This was an epic weekend for me. Thanks (again) to everyone for participating and coming; and especially those who made it possible in the first place. Chief among which, of course, Clerasil TOB. But also those at the CC and behind the Travel Pool... (Which I didn't apply for -- I guessed that people from overseas would need it more. And then life happened. :shifty: But still, I was able to make it, this time! :P )

BTW, this event
https://www.trekcc.org/tournaments/inde ... ntID=11050
gives no results yet, is that right? Do you still need to fill in results (when you have time), TOB? Or do I need to do something myself for that, somewhere?

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Congrats to Ken! And thanks to all of you who attended, it was a blast! And thanks to Julius and his lovely wife and all the Austrians and to Josef.

DAS Powershift :) . Ein bissel spielen kann ich doch noch :) .

But something has to be done about that Romulan lockouts. The Rifle should not work at a homeworld.

And a tribute to the best soccer player in the world, Anthony Modest :) .

By Marquetry
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
SudenKapala wrote:This was an epic weekend for me. Thanks (again) to everyone for participating and coming; and especially those who made it possible in the first place. Chief among which, of course, Clerasil TOB. But also those at the CC and behind the Travel Pool... (Which I didn't apply for -- I guessed that people from overseas would need it more. And then life happened. :shifty: But still, I was able to make it, this time! :P )

BTW, this event
https://www.trekcc.org/tournaments/inde ... ntID=11050
gives no results yet, is that right? Do you still need to fill in results (when you have time), TOB? Or do I need to do something myself for that, somewhere?
He'll still need to enter the results, from what I can tell - with busy weekends, I know sometimes the later side events can take a couple days :)

And I'm fine as long as I don't have to *wear* heels, that's never gone well when I tried! ;)

Hey all, we are running a "Warum-up" fo[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the f[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the f[…]

1EFQ: Game of two halves

Or maybe keep your unsolicited snark to yo[…]