You've played at the local, regional, and continental levels. Are you ready to take on the best in the world? Find out all the details about the 2021 World Championships, taking place in Chicago.
  • 173 posts

By Worf Son of Mogh (Kenneth Tufts)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
The Traveler
1E North American Continental Runner-Up 2023
2E North American Continental Runner-Up 2023
1E Canadian National Runner-Up 2023
2E Canadian National Runner-Up 2023
Caretaker's Guest wrote:
But something has to be done about that Romulan lockouts. The Rifle should not work at a homeworld
I personally would tend to suggest it just needs to work like all the other order based assassination action and need you then be present so people can hide on a ship if needed, I mean I know it shot through walls on the show but like on the same ship going from one ship in orbit through two sets of shields designed to stop ship based weapons that pack a lot more power then any hand weapon can seams a little ridiculous. And if people want to use a very targeted kill ok they still can just takes more effort to set up.

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Marquetry wrote:
SudenKapala wrote:This was an epic weekend for me. Thanks (again) to everyone for participating and coming; and especially those who made it possible in the first place. Chief among which, of course, Clerasil TOB. But also those at the CC and behind the Travel Pool... (Which I didn't apply for -- I guessed that people from overseas would need it more. And then life happened. :shifty: But still, I was able to make it, this time! :P )

BTW, this event
https://www.trekcc.org/tournaments/inde ... ntID=11050
gives no results yet, is that right? Do you still need to fill in results (when you have time), TOB? Or do I need to do something myself for that, somewhere?
He'll still need to enter the results, from what I can tell - with busy weekends, I know sometimes the later side events can take a couple days :)
Oh okay, thx. No problem to wait. :cheersL: And it's already great then, that the TOB managed to enter results for so many side events, already.

I additionally feared that the delay (or worse) might have have something to do with the fact that some people had to drop out of that event; so technically, it wasn't fully played. I just hope that can be remedied.
My interest in that is, that I then have 3 (side) events finished, and can add decks! :D (And have verifiable bragging rights (can't wait to tell my play group) for winning one. :wink: :P ) That really was a surprise to me, given my results at home in casual games.
I think the difference is the decks -- these sealed and draft decks, without their many seeded engines, make the gameplay come down more to my level. 8)
Also, I'm excited to see how the achievements work, and which ones I have earned. I've been waiting to be able to explore that part of the site's functionality, too.

But I can be patient... :wink:
European OP Coordinator
 - European OP Coordinator
 -  
After some sleepy sleepy I've entered the last tournament of Worlds 2019 with a sad eye I have to admit.

Later this week I will prepare a longer and more detailed article about those 4 days of madness behind us...

By sexecutioner (Niall Matthew)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
1E World Runner-Up 2023
1E European Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
1E British National Second Runner-Up 2023
Still trying to process the weekend in my head...

But I've been to all non-Aussie Worlds since 2013.

This was not only the best Worlds yet, but THE best high profile event i've ever been to.

Julius done an outstanding job, along with all the others from Austria that helped out. Though he seemed stressed at points with the sheer volume of events (some running over time) he kept his cool and kept everything in order.

He deserves another shot at Worlds in the future. Remember that Y'all.
Director of Organized Play
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 - Director of Organized Play
 -  
Architect
1E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
2E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
W.C.T. Chairman's Trophy winner 2014-2015
sexecutioner wrote:He deserves another shot at Worlds in the future. Remember that Y'all.
I had every confidence in him from the start of discussing Worlds in Austria well over a year ago. I am proud of his work, and thank all of you whom participated for making Worlds 2019 an event to remember. :cheersL:
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
Kaiser wrote:Also a huge :thumbsup: :thumbsup: to Alex The Barman!! :cheersL:
This.

Sent through Subspace from the Starship Enterprise
First Edition Creative Manager
By KazonPADD (Paddy Tye)
 - First Edition Creative Manager
 -  
1E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
1E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
Vienna 2021? Is that enough time for Julius to recover?

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
1E World Runner-Up 2023
KazonPADD wrote:Vienna 2021? Is that enough time for Julius to recover?
Just as importantly, will Sudan have recovered from Sex/Hershey dick slapping and Stephen Hawking killer wheelchairs by then?

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Clerasil ToB wrote:After some sleepy sleepy I've entered the last tournament of Worlds 2019 with a sad eye I have to admit.
Thanks! :wink: :thumbsup:
As I mentioned elsewhere, leaving JazzLand made me "feel feelings", too... :?
sexecutioner wrote:Julius done an outstanding job, along with all the others from Austria that helped out.
Though he seemed stressed at points with the sheer volume of events (some running over time) he kept his cool and kept everything in order.
He deserves another shot at Worlds in the future. Remember that Y'all.
jadziadax8 wrote:
Kaiser wrote:Also a huge :thumbsup: :thumbsup: to Alex The Barman!! :cheersL:
This.
All +1.
sexecutioner wrote:
KazonPADD wrote:Vienna 2021? Is that enough time for Julius to recover?
Just as importantly, will Sudan have recovered from Sex/Hershey dick slapping and Stephen Hawking killer wheelchairs by then?
Yes, you level whole countries with your antics. But they'll prolly rebuild.

I, Captain Suden, however, will never recover. :borg:

I must've torn some stomach muscles while crying from laughing... 8)
European OP Coordinator
 - European OP Coordinator
 -  
Thanks for all the flowers :D :D :D

By the way, after first checking all the STCCG stuff I've found two complete 2E decks and one 1E deck - anyone missing them ?

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
1E World Runner-Up 2023
The NWO theme.

But with yodeling and accordions.

By Honest
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
2E Australian Continental Champion 2019
I commented earlier about how good a result the Worlds was this year. Re-reading this thread made me change my mind a little.

It was a raving success. Not just because of the TREK, but because Julius managed to pull 30 people from 6+ countries and 3 continents together to play a game that hasn't been produced commercially since 2007. And everyone got along and had a great time.

This is what TREK is all about now. Props to all involved.

Also Latok, thanks for representing.

Honest

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
I think this was the truest representation of a "World" championship in the CC era.

I'm just gutted that I couldn't be there.
Question for noob

Thanks for all your help! But how does Temporal Mi[…]

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]

Hey all, we are running a "Warum-up" fo[…]