You've played at the local, regional, and continental levels. Are you ready to take on the best in the world? Find out all the details about the 2021 World Championships, taking place in Chicago.
  • 269 posts
Director of Communications
By OKCoyote (Daniel Matteson)
 - Director of Communications
 -  
1E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
jadziadax8 wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 11:49 am I highly recommend the Fairfield. It’s in walking distance of several excellent restaurants and bars. I was planning to stay there as well.

Depending on if the spouse and spawn come along, I may need a ride to the store, or would split an Uber.
I'll probably end up there (or near there) too; I think that's where I stayed last year.
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
OKCoyote wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 4:37 pm
jadziadax8 wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 11:49 am I highly recommend the Fairfield. It’s in walking distance of several excellent restaurants and bars. I was planning to stay there as well.

Depending on if the spouse and spawn come along, I may need a ride to the store, or would split an Uber.
I'll probably end up there (or near there) too; I think that's where I stayed last year.
You did!
Director of Organized Play
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 - Director of Organized Play
 -  
Architect
1E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
2E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
W.C.T. Chairman's Trophy winner 2014-2015
As an update, we apparently have some Hilton points we need to use so Lil and I are likely to stay at the Home2 Suites, which is right across the street from the Fairfield it sounds like most of you are eyeing. Walking distance is good, since I would bet Maggie is going to bring her friend Mr. Malort. :shifty:
Executive Officer
 - Executive Officer
 -  
LORE wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 6:11 pm As an update, we apparently have some Hilton points we need to use so Lil and I are likely to stay at the Home2 Suites, which is right across the street from the Fairfield it sounds like most of you are eyeing. Walking distance is good, since I would bet Maggie is going to bring her friend Mr. Malort. :shifty:
Dude, that stays here in Chicago. I am soooooo not checking a bag just so I can bring Malört.

By monty42 (Benjamin Liebich)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
2E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
Chancellor
2E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
2E German National Champion 2022
jadziadax8 wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 10:32 pm
LORE wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 6:11 pm As an update, we apparently have some Hilton points we need to use so Lil and I are likely to stay at the Home2 Suites, which is right across the street from the Fairfield it sounds like most of you are eyeing. Walking distance is good, since I would bet Maggie is going to bring her friend Mr. Malort. :shifty:
Dude, that stays here in Chicago. I am soooooo not checking a bag just so I can bring Malört.
Hmm, guess we'll just have to get some moonshine in the swamp then...
Online OP Coordinator
By pfti (Jon Carter)
 - Online OP Coordinator
 -  
If I drive to my family reunion in July, I can fully make sure a bottle of Malort makes it to worlds
Executive Officer
 - Executive Officer
 -  
pfti wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 8:18 am If I drive to my family reunion in July, I can fully make sure a bottle of Malort makes it to worlds
Please stop by here and take one. My husband made a basket of 4 bottles last year for a silent auction for his professional organization. He put in one bid to kick off the bidding and ended up winning the basket. 😮

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
jadziadax8 wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 9:30 am
pfti wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 8:18 am If I drive to my family reunion in July, I can fully make sure a bottle of Malort makes it to worlds
Please stop by here and take one. My husband made a basket of 4 bottles last year for a silent auction for his professional organization. He put in one bid to kick off the bidding and ended up winning the basket. 😮
:lol:

By Professor Scott (Mathew McCalpin)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
1E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
Lol, you say Malort, but my mind sees...
Attachments:
Gort_Firing.jpg
Gort_Firing.jpg (23.4 KiB) Viewed 1395 times
 -  
Will anyone be in town Thursday?

If so, I'm willing to run side events Thursday night for any early arrivals. I'm sure I'll come up with some crazy draft or sealed format. I can do 1E and/or 2E. I'll run them out of my hotel room if I have to.
Director of Organized Play
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 - Director of Organized Play
 -  
Architect
1E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
2E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
W.C.T. Chairman's Trophy winner 2014-2015
OKCoyote wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 3:02 am Will anyone be in town Thursday?

If so, I'm willing to run side events Thursday night for any early arrivals. I'm sure I'll come up with some crazy draft or sealed format. I can do 1E and/or 2E. I'll run them out of my hotel room if I have to.
I love this idea, Daniel. I have not consulted with the local crew / Maggie but I believe we may also do the WCT Qualifier events on Thursday. It might make some sense for those to be the day time gigs and then your fun events be the evening ones. That said, feel free to post whatever you want to run in the system and I can flag it as a Worlds side event gig.
 -  
I have added two Worlds side events to the tournament schedule. They are both chaos booster drafts. I've set the 1E for Thursday evening, and the 2E for Friday evening - the same day as 1E Worlds, since there's no 2E event currently scheduled that day. Set them both in the evening so they don't interfere with daytime events (also I'd like to play in them myself!)

Obviously, date, time, and venue are subject to change based on developing Worlds schedule as well as venue availability.

Chaos booster drafts involve players drafting multiple booster packs of random sets that are handed out. Players may be handed different packs and that's OK as they'll all get passed around.

I'll try to include some variety in my chaos packs but there will likely be a lot of Premiere (both in 1E and 2E). There will be a mix of other sets and possibly a few rarer packs. The number of rare packs will be determined by how many players particpate and also by what's in my collection. I don't have too many rare packs for 2E but I can promise some good stuff for 1E (I have a Blaze of Glory, Motion Pictures, Reflections, and a lot of Holodeck Adventures available).
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation