You've played at the local, regional, and continental levels. Are you ready to take on the best in the world? Find out all the details about the 2021 World Championships, taking place in Chicago.
  • 269 posts
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
One thing that needs to be mentioned is one of the MVPs of the weekend who wasn’t even there. I’d like to give a big shout-out to @The Prefect for sending the GIANT bin of prizes, which included a bunch of unobtainable sealed product, down for the weekend.

I’m planning to use the leftover packs for sealed events at GenCon in the future. Thank you!

By Mugato
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
1E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E World Runner-Up 2023
Congratulations MVB & John for their championship wins this weekend. Thank you to all who organized, officiated, played, coached, practiced, donated prizes, and otherwise contributed to the world championship weekend. We had great competitors, challenging games, and laughs to share. This was the getaway I needed. Any games I won were a bonus. Thank you all!
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
Hoss-Drone wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 8:42 am So who ended up taking home The Crazy Horse rock?
We made @rycar60 keep it for the store.

By The Prefect (Michael Shea)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Prefect
2E Sector 001 Regional Champion 2023
jadziadax8 wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 7:49 am One thing that needs to be mentioned is one of the MVPs of the weekend who wasn’t even there. I’d like to give a big shout-out to @The Prefect for sending the GIANT bin of prizes, which included a bunch of unobtainable sealed product, down for the weekend.

I’m planning to use the leftover packs for sealed events at GenCon in the future. Thank you!
Glad everyone liked them. Congratulations on a successful Worlds.

:cheersL:
Director of Organized Play
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 - Director of Organized Play
 -  
Architect
1E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
2E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
W.C.T. Chairman's Trophy winner 2014-2015
Thank you to all of the Worlds attendees who participated in the main and side events this past weekend. As we ran most of the tournaments by. T.D. Committee, I do not believe deck lists were collected for the World Championship tournaments themselves. If you played in any / all of the main events, please be sure to link your deck(s) to the event page and make sure your deck is / decks are public. Thanks, all.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
I believe that a big thanks is in order for everyone who planned and executed this year's world's..I can't imagine it was easy getting location plan B set and then have it go down immediately following a Hurricane.
StateofSTCCG, who is currently listed as a forum troll [unconstructive and disruptive behavior], made this post. Responding to forum trolls is discouraged.
Display this post.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Funny how the guy who wins worlds can't even say a word in the forums. LOL what a joke! [WC] [Pun] [KW]

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
StateofSTCCG wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 4:33 am Funny how the guy who wins worlds can't even say a word in the forums. LOL what a joke! [WC] [Pun] [KW]

I'd say it's more sad than funny. Still, he does have his own blog (http://rulingnewjersey.blogspot.com/ "You can't stop the signal") so it's not like he's without a platform.

Hey, how's Frontier going? Please PM me details. Thanks.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
I'm not sure if this will be the official LAST POST (tm) of the Worlds Update Thread or not, but I gotta give a big shout out to everyone who was there.

As some of you know, my mother passed away in mid September, right in the middle of what was my Worlds Prep time. Because of this I had to cancel all of my travel plans and redirect to Ohio to plan the funeral, bury my mom, and start the process of handling the estate.

What a lot of you don't know, is that I lost my dad in February.

So needless to say, this has been a pretty shitty year for me. I was really looking forward to going to Worlds for the first time in 8 years, and on top of grieving my mom, I was super sad that I wasn't going to get to reconnect with old friends, some of whom I haven't seen in way too long.

Well, today, I got a card in the mail signed by what appears to be almost all of the Worlds attendees, and a set of Worlds promo foils!

I gotta say... I'm still bummed about missing out on the camaraderie and competition, but the fact that y'all thought of me is a very nice silver lining in front of what's been a bunch of dark clouds.

It's a reminder to me that even the darkest times have their bright spots, if you take the time to look for them. This is definitely one of those bright spots, and is really a case of what this community can be at its best.

So, to all who were there, and especially Maggie for organizing it, I offer my sincerest heartfelt

THANK YOU!!!

I want you all to know that I really appreciate the gesture.

Sincerely,

- Brian Sykes

PS: I'm given to understand that a similar card was sent to Rick Kinney (@T-Ricks) who had to miss Worlds due to Medical stuff. Does anybody by chance have an update on how he's doing? I wish him the best in his recovery.

@Professor Scott
@durgforaday
@LORE
@Commander Joe
@pfti @Jono
@Warrior50
@IQ542
@jadziadax8
@The Ninja Scot
@Worf Son of Mogh
@JeBuS
@OKCoyote
@Mugato
@pschrader
@TReebel
@KillerB
@Marquetry
@rycar60
@The Guardian
Attachments:
214323.jpeg
214323.jpeg (996.59 KiB) Viewed 7998 times

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
My deepest sympathies @Armus to you and your family. I’ve enjoyed meeting you over the last year and hope we get to play in person at some point in the future.
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
My sympathies as well! I knew neither of these and am very sorry. Losing a parent is brutal (from observation); losing two in a year seems downright unfair. Be well.
Question for noob

That's the question. The Isolinear Rods downloads […]

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]

Hey all, we are running a "Warum-up" fo[…]