You've played at the local, regional, and continental levels. Are you ready to take on the best in the world? Find out all the details about the 2021 World Championships, taking place in Chicago.
Online OP Coordinator
By pfti (Jon Carter)
 - Online OP Coordinator
 -  
2E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
Cannot make it to worlds but want to take on the best of the world, come play in the World Cup of Trek.

Players may submit to me a tournament they wish to consider as a qualifier. This can be any one-day tournament in October (online included). I will then select a list of qualifiers that represent the global trek community

The winners of these events will then be invited to face off with each other in November in an online tournament to vie for the title of World Cup Champion.

Let's see what the world can put together!

Accepted Qualifiers:

1E:
UK Nationals
Worlds

2E:
Worlds
Last edited by pfti on Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Director of Organized Play
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 - Director of Organized Play
 -  
Architect
1E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
2E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
W.C.T. Chairman's Trophy winner 2014-2015
Cool idea, Jon! I hope we get a strong turnout for the qualifiers. :cross:
Online OP Coordinator
By pfti (Jon Carter)
 - Online OP Coordinator
 -  
I will note that the world championship in FL will be a qualifier!

By Professor Scott (Mathew McCalpin)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
1E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
Cool idea. Winners only, might stifle the field a little especially if someone wins more than one qualifier, unless you plan to bar cup qualifier winners from competing in other cup qualifier events.

Might I suggest Top 2 or even Top 3 to ensure a wider field, unless you expect to have dozen or more qualifier events.

Or Or, if a qualifier event winner has already made the Cup List, then you invite the runner-up?
Online OP Coordinator
By pfti (Jon Carter)
 - Online OP Coordinator
 -  
Professor Scott wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:40 pm Cool idea. Winners only, might stifle the field a little especially if someone wins more than one qualifier, unless you plan to bar cup qualifier winners from competing in other cup qualifier events.

Might I suggest Top 2 or even Top 3 to ensure a wider field, unless you expect to have dozen or more qualifier events.

Or Or, if a qualifier event winner has already made the Cup List, then you invite the runner-up?
The latter is a likely option, but I will announce it more formally depending on the number and regional diversity of tournaments.

I am also working on prizes, but know that there will be prizes for all participants in the world cup final!

By Professor Scott (Mathew McCalpin)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
1E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
Alright!
Attachments:
Double.gif
Double.gif (2.19 MiB) Viewed 4497 times
Online OP Coordinator
By pfti (Jon Carter)
 - Online OP Coordinator
 -  
Host an event in october and let me know! A chance to qualify for the world cup!

By monty42 (Benjamin Liebich)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
2E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
Chancellor
2E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
2E German National Champion 2022
pfti wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 12:52 pm Host an event in october and let me know! A chance to qualify for the world cup!
If everything goes according to plan, we'll be having 2E german nationals on Oct 22nd.
Vulcan Lander and its ability

What constrains this strategy is the number of c[…]

Ignoring point losses & Timing

I would be interested in the answer to this as wel[…]

Greetings 'trek fans! As discussed in our Februar[…]

1EFQ: Game of two halves

First: Rescue Captives is OP, there should[…]