For posting 1E deck designs for feedback from other players and members of the community.

By Petrus
 -  
Hi everyone! Some of you have probably read my topic in the other 1E subforum about creating a set of decks to use with my friends.

Basic premise: Some of my friends used to play/know how to play but don't have decks of their own, so I am making a 'matched' set that we can all pick from when I host gaming nights. That way, we are all (at least theoretically) given roughly equal chances of winning and can play as whichever faction we are most interested in.

Currently, I am starting with the first 7 non-Borg affiliations ( [Fed] / [Kli] / [Rom] / [Car] / [Baj] / [Dom] / [Fer] ) and building most of the decks, then paring them down. From what I understand of the terminology, I think all seven of the decks are using the 'solver' style for their strategy, as they just aim to score the 100 points to win.

None of the decks have dilemmas yet, and none are 'public' on here yet (though I will make them so when I reach a finished stage), so I am just using the private share links for now. I'll add dilemmas to a separate decklist as I make the combos. At the moment, I plan to do something different/unique with dilemmas - I want to have pre-established 'sets' of dilemmas so that we can just grab combos to use and I don't have to put them 'in' any single deck, as I don't have that many good groupings (and will probably print some but just don't want to deal with printing ALL of them over and over again). I'll be able to take semi-random groups (or even 'build-your-own' groupings, perhaps?) to use with any of the decks, and as long as we keep them together, we can just use the same sets or cards with many decks over time. (I know there are problems with this model because I own the cards and will know them all, but am trying to find ways to work around it. Am not there yet. Will update as I go.)

That said, I'd like some feedback on the most raw of the decks, my Ferengi deck. I have a Borg one that is in worse/more basic shape, but the Ferengi one is a lot closer to being ready-to-play. Overall, I'd mainly like feedback on the Draw deck. I am using the Q's tent as kind of a download warehouse and can of course change that based on what's in the rest of the deck, but there are too many personnel and too much other stuff going on with the deck at the moment. I can probably cut some ships and events, too.

The other decks (so far) don't have very much disruption in them, and I do want to promote some interaction between the decks, but I mostly just want it all to be fun to play against the other decks in the group, so don't worry about counter or protection mechanics at this point.

Here's the link - take a look and let me know what you think!

By AnejoDave
 -  
This is a bit of an old topic, but exactly what I'm planning to do. Of course, after reading a number of articles, apparently the way I played ST:CCG in the pre-Blaze of Glory days is _not_ how its played, even in the Traditional format.

I'll be using the Starter Decks first, then expanding from there.

If you ever completed these builds, I'd love to see them.
Director of Organized Play
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 - Director of Organized Play
 -  
Architect
1E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
2E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
W.C.T. Chairman's Trophy winner 2014-2015
I would recommend any new or returning player to First Edition begin with the TNG Starters from Coming of Age. There are decks for the Federation, Klingons, Romulans, and Ferengi and all four decks are well balanced against the others. Good luck, all, on the start of your journey!

By Iron Prime (Dan Van Kampen)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
LORE wrote:I would recommend any new or returning player to First Edition begin with the TNG Starters from Coming of Age. There are decks for the Federation, Klingons, Romulans, and Ferengi and all four decks are well balanced against the others. Good luck, all, on the start of your journey!
+1
I had all four "professionally" printed on nice paper and sleeved them in dragon shield sleeves of matching colors (blue, red, green, orange). I haven't been able to use them as much as I would like but they are really slick. For the people that don't want to deck build it is great to say "what is your favorite Star Trek race?" and just go.

By HoodieDM
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Iron Prime wrote:
LORE wrote:I would recommend any new or returning player to First Edition begin with the TNG Starters from Coming of Age. There are decks for the Federation, Klingons, Romulans, and Ferengi and all four decks are well balanced against the others. Good luck, all, on the start of your journey!
+1
I had all four "professionally" printed on nice paper and sleeved them in dragon shield sleeves of matching colors (blue, red, green, orange). I haven't been able to use them as much as I would like but they are really slick. For the people that don't want to deck build it is great to say "what is your favorite Star Trek race?" and just go.
I'm hoping we get a CoA for DS9, so we can all add Bajorans, Cardassians, Dominion, DS9 Feds, DS9 Ferengi, & Maquis to this list as well.

Perhaps someday!

~D

By Iron Prime (Dan Van Kampen)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
That would be fantastic. Maybe after the Dominion War sets come out down the road?
Card Page Glitches

So, it's seeming on some sets that the cards on th[…]

Question for noob

Awesome. Thanks everyone for all the help!

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]