For posting 1E deck designs for feedback from other players and members of the community.

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
So I playtested a RTP deck against another one of my decks and lost 100-0. Had an awful lot of trouble getting everyone I played RTP'ed because He Took Away My Pain only lets you download RTP to hand if you play a ❖ personnel. And I had to have some uniques in the deck to make sure I had certain skill gaps covered.

Also I was doing some shenanigans with relocation to RTP some opponent's personnel to. (Maybe this was just a bad idea. I RTPed two opponent's personnel on a turn which left me unable to RTP the personnel I played for myself. Which immediately creates a backlog. The twice per turn limit on RTP combined with only being able to download it when you play a ❖ seems to inherently make it a bad idea to try and RTP oyur opponent, which I find unfortunate. This deck should reward being interactive.)

I actually found myself running out of RTPs. Does anyone know a good ratio of these to put in a deck to make sure you have enough? Is it one per person that is not [SKR] or [NA] ?

For perspective, in the deck, I had the following personnel (NOT including Sybok and J'onn)

Personnel who report for free because they are [SKR]

Personnel who are [NA] unique :

Personnel who report for free because they are [NA] ❖ :

Personnel who report for free as ❖ but need RTP because they are aligned:

Unique aligned personnel who need RTP, but can't report for free:

So that is 20 people that need RTP to work, but I only put 10 in the deck, AND I RTPed 2 of my opponent's personnel.

Granted you are never going to play every personnel in your deck but 10 wasn't enough. Should have have gone with 20? I want enough RTP to not run out but I also don't want so many that I never draw into any personnel!!!

By Professor Scott (Mathew McCalpin)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
1E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
Masaka

Jon recently ran 11 in an 84 card deck with 50 personnel, and I ran 22 in a 110 card deck with 47 personnel.

Thats 1/7 for Jon per deck size or 1/5 personnel, and 1/5 for me per deck size or 1/2 personnel.

Clearly, he did it better.

By Kaiser
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
1E World Semi-Finalist 2023
Architect
Professor Scott wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 7:10 pm Masaka

Jon recently ran 11 in an 84 card deck with 50 personnel, and I ran 22 in a 110 card deck with 47 personnel.

Thats 1/7 for Jon per deck size or 1/5 personnel, and 1/5 for me per deck size or 1/2 personnel.

Jon's deck is not a Release this Pain deck, it's a He Took Away My Pain abuse deck, meaning that deck never plays RtP on personnel, it's only used as a draw engine there (dl multiple copies of RtP when playing universal guys, Masaka away, rinse, repeat), so you shouldn't take such decks as a point of comparison for card ratios in decks that want to actually use the text on RtP.

By Professor Scott (Mathew McCalpin)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
1E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
Kaiser wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 1:02 pm
Professor Scott wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 7:10 pm Masaka

Jon's deck is not a Release this Pain deck, it's a He Took Away My Pain abuse deck, meaning that deck never plays RtP on personnel, it's only used as a draw engine there (dl multiple copies of RtP when playing universal guys, Masaka away, rinse, repeat), so you shouldn't take such decks as a point of comparison for card ratios in decks that want to actually use the text on RtP.
That's a fair point. I just looked at the deck list. Well in that case since Jon didn't actually do it, I guess I did it better, but that doesn't mean I did it well, lol. :D
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation