For posting 1E deck designs for feedback from other players and members of the community.

By LXEBN
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
U.S.S. Enterprise-C

Three things, 1). I just love the flavor of this card. The idea of entering play damaged at any location is such a heroic and surprising premise. Has anyone built around this card? Not being familiar with many cards, I wouldn't know where to begin. Point me in the right direction or the right mechanics and I'll do a little tinkering.

2). Are there any other cards that provide tradeoffs like this/put you at an apparent disadvantage? Could be a cool theme for a deck.

3). Finally, as a newbie I'm interested in what folks' favorite ships are and why.

Thanks!
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
LXEBN wrote:I just love the flavor of this card. The idea of entering play damaged at any location is such a heroic and surprising premise. Has anyone built around this card? Not being familiar with many cards, I wouldn't know where to begin. Point me in the right direction or the right mechanics and I'll do a little tinkering.
Enterprise-C is underpowered. For ages, there has been talk of getting them powered up. Probably there would be a play engine themed around [1E-AU] Next Generation cards, including the Enterprise-C. I've seen it mentioned in articles going back years, I've seen it attempted in Make It So card design contests, it's just something people think about and want to do.

....butttttt, it hasn't actually happened, at this point. The Enterprise-C is a cool ship (pairs well with Wartime Conditions!), with a cool captain and a few related cards, but it is still basically impossible to build a decent deck around it and its courageous crew. I'm sure it will happen someday, but not yet.

What you can do, though, is put it into your standard Continuing Mission/Finest Crew/Attention All Hands deck for a little handy late-game relief. It can be incredibly useful, late in the game, to suddenly drop a ship onto the spaceline anywhere you want -- even if it's damaged. Combine that with Starbase 247 and its downloadable Spacedock, and you can bring the Enterprise in and immediately fix it!
2). Are there any other cards that provide tradeoffs like this/put you at an apparent disadvantage? Could be a cool theme for a deck.
Off the top of my head, the Enterprise-B does this.
3). Finally, as a newbie I'm interested in what folks' favorite ships are and why.
I'm a big fan of Bajoran Interceptors, with their powerful ability to take off and land cheaply, but my actual favorite would still have to be the U.S.S. Defiant. Big guns, big cloaking device.

By sexecutioner (Niall Matthew)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
1E World Runner-Up 2023
1E European Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
1E British National Second Runner-Up 2023
I've seen this nice little trick played before my eyes....

Report the Enterprise-C. Then play Your Place is on the Bridge to download Garret :D

By LXEBN
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
I've seen this nice little trick played before my eyes....

Report the Enterprise-C. Then play Your Place is on the Bridge to download Garret :D
That's a pretty slick trick! I know this is obvious, but it seems to me like the download mechanic can generate a tremendous amount of card advantage. Are there many decks that basically don't play a card unless it either downloads something or is downloaded by something? And which sets are heaviest for download cards?

By LXEBN
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
The Enterprise-C is a cool ship (pairs well with Wartime Conditions!)
The idea there is that you lure them into attacking your damaged ship so that you can attack them elsewhere on the spaceline?
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
LXEBN wrote:
The Enterprise-C is a cool ship (pairs well with Wartime Conditions!)
The idea there is that you lure them into attacking your damaged ship so that you can attack them elsewhere on the spaceline?
Eh, I lied, Wartime Conditions is not actually a very good play with Ent-C. I just can't resist the melding of story and deck design. Old weakness of mine.

But maybe one day there will be a play engine that explicitly links them! Pretty sure one of the Make It So contest entries tried that, and half the MiS competitors are on Design now, so... it could happen!

-  
I've recently (thanks to my sibling) started re-collecting. I'm looking into a "Lost Era" themed deck. So Ent B & C and Excelsior and "Monster Marron" personnel not from movies (unless they got a lost era book).

I'll let you know.

- Alpha Quadrant
 -  
I have used the enterprise C as a rescue ship more than once to pick up a crew stranded on a planet after some rowdy klingons or a rampaging borg ship dilemma blew the other ship out of the sky. I used to Keep it in Q's Tent just for that Purpose.

Make It So does NOT unstop the crew aboard a shi[…]

MN 2024 Gatherings

I won't be available Saturday the 27th. Have other[…]

Deck Design Strategy

And something else ... In Mtg, we always used to […]

Another achievement cycle, another no-update of ne[…]