For posting 1E deck designs for feedback from other players and members of the community.

By winterflames (Derek Marlar)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I know you guys said that we weren't getting Art Quality starters for the new set. But you also said you designed starters to go with them. Can you make the deck lists public for those of us who collect starter decks?
Shipping Manager
By SirDan (Dan Hamman)
 - Shipping Manager
 -  
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
Good question. The decklists were ready when the set went live, but I'm not sure who is responsible for 1) making the decks, 2) making them public as a "non-player" entity, and 3) publishing an article to go with them.

I might be on the hook for number 1 and/or 3, but I think Paddy was going to take a stab if we didn't see anything. I honestly don't know what this project's status is. Charlie?

By enrico81
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Any news on this? Locally, we like to use them for sealed tournaments as well as conventions to quickly show new players with a workable deck how the game works.

By Maelwys (Chris Lobban)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
I've been sent them, but then my entire hard drive fried so I haven't had a chance to update the site to link them (still busy reinstalling all of my tools and setting up my ftp links again)

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk
First Edition Creative Manager
By KazonPADD (Paddy Tye)
 - First Edition Creative Manager
 -  
1E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
1E Omarion Nebula Regional Champion 2024
If anyone needs them urgently for a block tournament / demo etc - let me know.

By winterflames (Derek Marlar)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Poke

Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk

By karnstein
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
This weekend, I plan to introduce some friends to ST:CCG, and I'll have these ready to hand out. Much appreciated!
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
karnstein wrote:This weekend, I plan to introduce some friends to ST:CCG, and I'll have these ready to hand out. Much appreciated!
Joined 2008. 4 posts. Still playing! Go you, karnstein!

Just out of interest: do you play often? What do you like? What do you hate? We so rarely hear from the casual play community, and I think it would be great for the game if we heard a lot more about what's going on outside the "tournament scene."

By karnstein
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
Thanks, BCSWowbagger!

I play about once a month.

What do I like? I like that The Continuing Committee has kept ST:CCG alive and that they've done such a great job of it. The game's never been better, and the online tools (card search, deck builder, virtual pack creator, etc.) are terrific.

I also appreciate the starter decks. I often play with friends who don't have decks. Before 2012, I would build decks (for a variety of affiliations) from my extra cards, giving them away to folks who were interested in playing. Now, I can use the virtual starter decks, and they're much better balanced than the decks I used to make.

I don't "hate" anything about the game, but something that I do wish is that there were a better sealed format available. I often play sealed deck games, because the sealed/draft format works well for players who don't have decks, and because the constraints can make the deck building exciting and surprising. Until the virtual starter decks became available, my sealed deck games were always Official Tournament Sealed Deck (OTSD), possibly with some additions (e.g., Starter Deck II or Enhanced Premiere). Now, I play either OTSD or Block Sealed (i.e., each player gets a virtual starter deck and 4+ virtual packs, which we sometimes draft).

I think OTSD is wonderful when the card pool is limited to Premiere, Alternate Universe, and Q-Continuum (PAQ), but that excludes so much. With Block Sealed, I enjoy getting to play sealed deck games with lots of new cards and affiliations, but I've found that (relative to OTSD) there's less variety among the decks that we build; they tend to feel like the starter decks (which are all pretty similar to begin with).

Perhaps it's not possible to have a sealed format with both the variety of OTSD games and a card pool that isn't limited to PAQ, but that is something I wish we had.

Something else I really like: the ST:CCG community. I've thoroughly enjoyed the (few) events I've attended, and the people I've met have been remarkable: helpful, understanding, smart, interesting... (For their help and conviviality, I'm grateful to nuttersuclan and RedDwarf and especially Commandeur.)
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Thank you so much for your response!

I think the scenario was more around things li[…]

South Dakota Regional May 18th

Is there any interest from the greater area to com[…]

Thanks all. I have my handle as my name, I didn&rs[…]

Nelvana Trap

Wait ... what? Since when does battle during a […]