For posting 1E deck designs for feedback from other players and members of the community.

By Captain Parrish (Bruce Parrish)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Hello everyone, I havent experimented with the current block and am totally lost in the sauce. Has anyone has any experience in a tournament environment with the current block? What kind of decks have been played?
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
According to the tournament database... no. Only one Block tournament has been played anywhere in the world since Broken Bow came out.

:(

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
BCSWowbagger wrote:According to the tournament database... no. Only one Block tournament has been played anywhere in the world since Broken Bow came out.

:(
Is this a surprise?

The whole block concept came off the rails once TNG was rotated out.

Its appeal was the KISS principle. Once you started throwing in Nors, Time Locations, and three different quadrants, that principle was beyond violated --> fewer block tournaments.

All that said, were I to build a block deck, I would totally go Mirror Starfleet Jedi Test because it looks super fun.
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Captain Parrish wrote:With that said who was actually a fan of enterprise ?
Enterprise Season 4 is my favorite season of Trek, period.

#SaveEnterprise #TrekUnited #FundTheFuture

P.S. Yes, Block is borked right now. Once I'm settled in my new house, I'm hoping to actually run a tournament of it just to see how things are right now, which may provide some insight into how to fix it.
Second Edition Art Manager
By edgeofhearing (Lucas Thompson)
 - Second Edition Art Manager
 -  
Community Contributor
BCSWowbagger wrote:P.S. Yes, Block is borked right now. Once I'm settled in my new house, I'm hoping to actually run a tournament of it just to see how things are right now, which may provide some insight into how to fix it.
I'm not a fan of block in general (part of what I love about these games is how sprawling they are), but I've found myself wondering if it rotates too quickly. Like, for Hearthstone, where you've got people playing multiple games every day for quests, a two-year rotation window is fine. You've probably played all the games you want to with those cards by then. But in Trek, where most people play in a handful of tournaments a year, maybe that's just too fast a rotation.

By Smiley (Cristoffer Wiker)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
We've been playing a lot of Block here, not just tournaments. What I would recommend is try to keep it as simple as possible. The new Klingons are fun, so are the MACO's (though a little bit resource heavy for some players). The Mirror sets where maybe a bit too complex so most of those decks are just skipped over but the TOS Terran Empire people are not too complex to try to find a deck in.

I guess we should have done "What can we do[…]

Jared FW Kris 100-35

South Dakota Regional May 18th

Likely I should be able to attend. Just need the[…]

Nelvana Trap

Wait ... what? Since when does battle during […]