For posting 1E deck designs for feedback from other players and members of the community.

By KNomad (Damon Sommer)
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
https://www.trekcc.org/1e/decklists/inde ... ckID=16632

Draw Deck Strategy
Turns 1-3: Staff the cube and move to Earth. The cube can reliably be staffed on Turn 2.
Your first Awaken should be used to fetch P'Chan (Four of Nine).
Turns 4-6: Scout Earth. Prioritize card draws until you have a Counterpart and Assimilate Homeworld in play.
Turns 7-9: Probe for Stop First Contact, disrupt the timeline.
Turns 10-12: Establish Gateway, flip Population 9 Billion and play Resistance Is Futile for the win.

P'Chan's priorities are Seven (staffing), Connectivity Drone (Data Node/Vinculum) and Marika (card draw).
On full throttle the deck draws 6 cards a turn. (Seven/Cortical Node/Marika/WATB/New Arrivals/EOT)

An early Borg Queen downloads Seven and Lansor (Two of Nine) with We Are The Borg.
Lansor then puts WATB back in deck to be downloaded to table.

The Reconnaissance Drone can be played once a turn (through P'Chan) to peek at your deck.
Six drones: Lansor, P'Chan, Marika, Reconnaissance, Calibration and Unity, provide the bulk of skills for sharing.
Only Locutus as your counterpart allows for one turn scouting and probing of Establish Gateway via Service The Collective.

Dilemma Pile Strategy
Edo Probes and point loss seem to work well. I've seen opponents at -20 to -30 before they complete a mission.

VS. Matchups
I've included counters to almost everything that can be thrown at this deck, preserving the Resistance Is Futile aspect of the Borg. If you strip out some/all of the defensive cards, there's a lot of room for customization.
Last edited by KNomad on Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

By Jono (Sean O'Reilly)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Pioneer
Do you have at least 2 [1E-AU] drones to get past Quantum Incursion? You can't adapt past the Doorway.

You also don't need to draw into your Assimilate Homeworld - the original Queen can download it with A Change of Plans using one of your many card draws.

A very bad dilemma for the another to hit is "God". If your ship at Earth is destroyed it's likely game over so be prepared to encounter it.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Jono wrote:Do you have at least 2 [1E-AU] drones to get past Quantum Incursion? You can't adapt past the Doorway.

You also don't need to draw into your Assimilate Homeworld - the original Queen can download it with A Change of Plans using one of your many card draws.

A very bad dilemma for the another to hit is "God". If your ship at Earth is destroyed it's likely game over so be prepared to encounter it.
I thought Federation Flagship: Recovered was standard issue in a They Will Be Coming deck. If not, it probably should be. Borg aren't that seed-heavy.

By Mogor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Armus wrote:
Jono wrote:Do you have at least 2 [1E-AU] drones to get past Quantum Incursion? You can't adapt past the Doorway.

I thought Federation Flagship: Recovered was standard issue in a They Will Be Coming deck. If not, it probably should be. Borg aren't that seed-heavy.
The linked decklist does have FF:R in it..

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
An interesting approach, seems solid besides the QI issue. What I find difficult about Assimilate Homeworld or Stop First Contact: You can be easily attacked every turn, denying you from probing... But that's what Service the Collective is for, I guess. Computer Crash-heavy decks could mean trouble.

I'm not the straight-solver guy :) . My Borg decks are usually pretty fat and interactive, lying in wait for that one crucial misstep to move in and it doesn't matter cause using SoG Queen and FC Queen and all their tricks they can download everything. Downside: Clunky. Mod-Win-King :) .

https://www.trekcc.org/1e/decklists/ind ... ckID=16607

By KNomad (Damon Sommer)
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
Quantum Incursions? Both [1E-AU] drones are in there, and the Queen always enters with Empathy

Don't move your ship to Montana Missile Complex until you're ready to probe for Stop First Contact and you won't be prevented from probing by battle.
Last edited by KNomad on Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By sexecutioner (Niall Matthew)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
1E World Runner-Up 2023
1E European Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
1E British National Second Runner-Up 2023
I do like a tight deck. I've got another Borg deck to look over for someone, but wouldn't mind nabbing this and seeing how it draws at some point soon :)
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to my homie @MrVorlon !

Crossover question

I was literally just typing up this question all[…]

Danny gets the FW against Tjark - 100 - 35 Good t[…]

Back from the old days, pre-errata Visit Cochrane[…]