For posting 1E deck designs for feedback from other players and members of the community.

-  
Let's try and keep this intro short. I played STCCG in the 1990s. I met several of you at Gen Con 2016; I was taught Tribbles and beginners-lucked my way into winning a card off of you nice folks. I'm a terrible, terrible tactical thinker, but I still love the game. Here's more if you want a deeper backstory: https://fourthords.com/blog-2014-presen ... r-trek-ccg

I'm a passenger on Star Trek: The Cruise II (voyage 2) next month from the 11th through the 17th. I have a smorgasbord of STCCG cards, and I'd like to use them to build some basic decks for the purposes of corralling other Trekkie passengers into playing with my friend (Scottish) and I. Despite my overabundance of cards, it'll be simple enough for me to catalog them all. However, I really don't have the experience or, frankly, the skill to look at them and recognize which ones would go together well to build rudimentary/simple-yet-cool decks for idiots (Scottish and I) and other passengers who've likely not played.

Could/would/can anybody help me out? Aside from the destruction you folks rained down upon me last year, I haven't played seriously since probably the 20th century. I know that rules have changed, strategies have arisen and fallen, and combinations of cards I never would have considered are the bread-and-butter of everyday players.

Thank you all so much for your time and attention!

Daniel C. Hodges (fourthords)
First Edition Creative Manager
By KazonPADD (Paddy Tye)
 - First Edition Creative Manager
 -  
1E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
1E Omarion Nebula Regional Champion 2024
Although we are planning to refresh them in the next few months, the TNG Starter decks are probably still the easiest jumping on point:

[Fed] Federation Starter Deck [PDF] (30 MB)
[Fer] Ferengi Starter Deck [PDF] (28 MB)
[Kli] Klingon Starter Deck [PDF] (31 MB)
[Rom] Romulan Starter Deck [PDF] (30 MB)

I would just print the 4 decks, sleeve them with backing cards and away you go.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
fourthords wrote:Let's try and keep this intro short. I played STCCG in the 1990s. I met several of you at Gen Con 2016; I was taught Tribbles and beginners-lucked my way into winning a card off of you nice folks. I'm a terrible, terrible tactical thinker, but I still love the game. Here's more if you want a deeper backstory: https://fourthords.com/blog-2014-presen ... r-trek-ccg

I'm a passenger on Star Trek: The Cruise II (voyage 2) next month from the 11th through the 17th. I have a smorgasbord of STCCG cards, and I'd like to use them to build some basic decks for the purposes of corralling other Trekkie passengers into playing with my friend (Scottish) and I. Despite my overabundance of cards, it'll be simple enough for me to catalog them all. However, I really don't have the experience or, frankly, the skill to look at them and recognize which ones would go together well to build rudimentary/simple-yet-cool decks for idiots (Scottish and I) and other passengers who've likely not played.

Could/would/can anybody help me out? Aside from the destruction you folks rained down upon me last year, I haven't played seriously since probably the 20th century. I know that rules have changed, strategies have arisen and fallen, and combinations of cards I never would have considered are the bread-and-butter of everyday players.

Thank you all so much for your time and attention!

Daniel C. Hodges (fourthords)
I read your web link about your memories on the Star Trek CCG and your tournament experience. I thought I would share with you a "fond" memory I have of a tournament game from 2000 or 2001. I played in tournament in Selmer, Tennessee and got massively killed by an opponent who played Romulans with a crap ton of Distortion of Space/Time Continuum and Senior Staff Meeting. He downloaded most of his deck first turn and then pulverized my dilemmas on turn one getting to 100 points before I even had a turn. I just sat there and watched his deck work like clockwork and I never got to play a thing. The guy went on and won the tournament. But I learned right there just how bad of a player I really was. Ah.....memories.

-  
Tyberius_Deangelo wrote:I read your web link about your memories on the Star Trek CCG and your tournament experience. I thought I would share with you a "fond" memory I have of a tournament game from 2000 or 2001.
Yeah… that sounds very familiar. Unfortunately, my tactical thinking’s not improved much in the intervening decades.

-  
KazonPADD wrote:Although we are planning to refresh them in the next few months, the TNG Starter decks are probably still the easiest jumping on point
That’s a phenomenal resource, but I just have so very many real cards, I wish I could make some cool decks out of them. Thanks so much for the reply!

By HoodieDM
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
fourthords wrote:
KazonPADD wrote:Although we are planning to refresh them in the next few months, the TNG Starter decks are probably still the easiest jumping on point
That’s a phenomenal resource, but I just have so very many real cards, I wish I could make some cool decks out of them. Thanks so much for the reply!
You could simply play Warp Speed Rules and create some thematic decks based off those rules.

~D

-  
HoodieDM wrote:You could simply play Warp Speed Rules and create some thematic decks based off those rules.
That sounds very interesting! When I search the site, all I came across is this rules PDF (https://www.trekcc.org/op/1e_warpspeedrules.pdf, which doesn't appear to be rendering correctly on my computer) that was published by Decipher themselves 16.74 years ago. Is there anything more up-to-date? Have there been any changes? Thanks so much!
Online OP Coordinator
By pfti (Jon Carter)
 - Online OP Coordinator
 -  
fourthords wrote:
HoodieDM wrote:You could simply play Warp Speed Rules and create some thematic decks based off those rules.
That sounds very interesting! When I search the site, all I came across is this rules PDF (https://www.trekcc.org/op/1e_warpspeedrules.pdf, which doesn't appear to be rendering correctly on my computer) that was published by Decipher themselves 16.74 years ago. Is there anything more up-to-date? Have there been any changes? Thanks so much!
Nope, those are still the warp speed rules!
Is Sedis a captain?

Not exactly, because that is the ONLY keyword […]

MN 2024 Gatherings

I'll not make the 27th, unfortunately. I've pencil[…]

I get the MW 80-70....good game.

I don't! Game ain't fun, IMO! But, you're rig[…]