For posting 1E deck designs for feedback from other players and members of the community.

By RouterPlaner (Sam)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Wow. Been a long time. Made my first deck in a while. I'm sure I missed something everything, so I'd love all the help I can get

https://www.trekcc.org/1e/decklists/ind ... fc33e6217e

Thanks!
Second Edition Rules Master
By Latok
 - Second Edition Rules Master
 -  
1E Australian Continental Champion 2019
2E Australian Continental Runner-Up 2019
Are you using Quark's Isolinear Rods (if you don't use it to counter Computer Crash) to download Emory Erickson just to discard him with Temporal Shifting?

You might want to add Defend Homeworld for an easy download, possibly Lansor. Other than that you might want to swap Alternate Universe Door for Temporal Micro-Wormhole. That might allow Emory to mix even with War Council in play, not sure but even if it doesn't you can use it to download Space-Time Portal which will allow Temporal Shifting plays, you won't do more than one a turn and returning a ship to hand can be super useful in certain situations. You can play Ba'ku for free to Insurrection as well, Anij is sort of useful.

It looks like you have enough draws for that size deck and a couple free plays a turn, seems pretty decent to me.

By RouterPlaner (Sam)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
I'm ecstatic at not missing anything really obvious! I'm going to revisit the AU situation after I pick dilemmas. All the Ba'ku seem incredibly lame. I'd probably double up on one of the green follower borg instead, for diversity of free plays

Playing against the goldfish, it seems like the Shifts need the extra Emory, AND a little AU padding in the draw deck AND sometimes a Masaka mulligan.

a) Can anyone recommend alternative draw engines? Process Ore: Mining seems... messy? for a small deck, and Time Travel shenanigans seem unfeasible

b) Should I lighten the load on battle strats/ships? Can't really count on interaction, and the Borg modern-art piece is pretty hard to staff (could cut Icheb and One probably). Is this enough guns for a military victory of some sort? Or focus more on solving?

I think I'm going to burn a final seed slot on Call for Reinforcements

c) Are there non-obvious advantages to the Mushroom Window I may have missed?

d) I took out Steal Technology for Treat Plague Ship for range concerns/2 facilities but it is worse in every other way. Should I be less concerned about range/speed?

e) Do I need Regenerate or Isomagnetic Disintegrator? Mostly just there for when everyone dies

f) I'm very Ref-lite here. Is this a concern? Which are the most handy ref cards in OTF?

g) Should I add a Kevin or a Khan?

Thank you all, particularly Latok

Any feedback helps. Its been a long road.../finally ready to swim/straight and steady etc
Second Edition Rules Master
By Latok
 - Second Edition Rules Master
 -  
1E Australian Continental Champion 2019
2E Australian Continental Runner-Up 2019
A) Since you've got the Borg for it you could use a combination of Mutation/Nanoprobe Resuscitation, basically neutral on draws but with a free play essentially.

B) Depending on your meta (are your opponents likely to play battle) you should be prepared for someone to battle against you. That could mean having safe havens like a homeworld with Strategema, cloaking devices, being able to win the battle with bigger/better ships, etc. However to win reliably by annihilating the opponent I think you'd need a lot more card investment. So I'd probably not reduce the number of ships but also focus on solving.

C) The advantage to CfR is that you can repair your ship anywhere (only once) rather than at a facility. With Spacedoor, you can download multiple ships and nullify Static Warp Bubble, your deck doesn't have multiple ships to download and SWB isn't very popular, so I guess for this deck I see no real advantage to it over CfR.

D) The Assimilator is pretty slow so range might be a reasonable concern but Treat Plague Ship being worse could be an advantage. If I saw those six missions I'd put my 'worse' space combo under it since it won't get you to 100 with two other missions and I might be confident in being able to prevent AMS point somehow. If you're confident in getting AMS points though or added some other bonus points Treat Plague Ship could be your plan A mission with Intercept Dignitaries as a decoy, maybe substitute Investigate Anachronism for Steal Technology (that doesn't help with RANGE though). Anyway, I feel RANGE is always a valid concern but a mission being worse isn't always a negative.

E) I personally always play with 1 Regenerate or 2 Isomagnetic Disintegrators (so they can endlessly cycle).

F) Well Srategema which is useless in this deck, Defend Homeworld I mentioned in my last post, report with crews seem popularish atm so It's Only a Game is alright and Scorched Hand is solid (especially after a STP return to hand). Tribunal of Q is very common, then you can put the [Ref] cards in your deck, use one draw to download Q the Ref and cycle the cards as you draw them so they don't technically clog your deck up while also having access to them as needed.

G) I've played heaps of decks without but Kevin is usually usable every game though maybe not worth risking -5 a lot of the time.

BTW I'm recently back from a STCCG hiatus and not particularly good or super up to date, so hopefully someone better will chime in and correct any nonsense.

By winterflames (Derek Marlar)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
starting over nuf said.
Crossover question

I was literally just typing up this question all[…]

Danny gets the FW against Tjark - 100 - 35 Good t[…]

Back from the old days, pre-errata Visit Cochrane[…]

@VictoryIsLife FW @jadziadax8 100-0