For posting 1E deck designs for feedback from other players and members of the community.

By Se7enofMine (ChadC)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Greetings gang :)

I'm finally back after my "near death alien virus" scare. After being hella sick for 2.5 months, all I needed to do to get better was ... catch the flu. I'm not kidding. After my flu subsided, after about a week and a half, I felt better than I have since end of December. So bizarre. The human body is a crazy thing.

Anywho .. whilst I was on my sabbatical from the boards (which I missed incredibly), I thought about different deck types I wanted to try. I totally missed the launch of cold front so I've been looking those cards over .. they are awesome.

What is the viability of a deck revolving around mostly interference in the form of capture and battling? It is sort of cheese as one isn't REALLY trying to solve missions. It would be more of a side venture and as such, you'd be going for a mod win every time. I suspect say a Cardie/Dominion deck would be able to accomplish both of capture and battle. There are some really awesome capture cards that give bonus points every turn. Battle is .. well, battle. That's fairly well established.

Also .. when I say "viable," all I mean is could it potentially be competitive or would just get thundered each and every game?

Just trying to get some thoughts is all.

PS. So happy to be back :)
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
It's viable but requires a great deal of skill (i.e. more skill than I have).

Look up some of Kevin Jaeger (hoss-drone)'s decks. He plays almost all battle/capture/interference, and it is wondrous to behold.

Or look up some recent Kazon decks. Kazon can't put 50 WEAPONS at your outpost on Turn 3 anymore, but they're still quite fearsome as battle builds.

Mogor took my "Cardassians With Guns" deck from a few years ago, ran with it, and greatly refined it. Basic idea there is Weapons Locker + 36 Cardassian Disruptor Rifles.

By Mogor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
BCSWowbagger wrote:It's viable but requires a great deal of skill (i.e. more skill than I have).

Look up some of Kevin Jaeger (hoss-drone)'s decks. He plays almost all battle/capture/interference, and it is wondrous to behold.

Or look up some recent Kazon decks. Kazon can't put 50 WEAPONS at your outpost on Turn 3 anymore, but they're still quite fearsome as battle builds.

Mogor took my "Cardassians With Guns" deck from a few years ago, ran with it, and greatly refined it. Basic idea there is Weapons Locker + 36 Cardassian Disruptor Rifles.
Its even more refined then the last time we discussed it
Ambassador
By bosskamiura (Thomas Kamiura)
 - Ambassador
 -  
Community Contributor
Mogor wrote:
BCSWowbagger wrote:It's viable but requires a great deal of skill (i.e. more skill than I have).

Bring it to league and the dojo!

TK
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Mogor wrote:
Cripes!

By Se7enofMine (ChadC)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Huh. Well that's some good feedback. Thanks dudes.

One thing I did notice while poking around is it's quite seed heavy. Which presents problems of its own.

I will def check out some of Hoss' decks. And will likely come by the dojo at some point. I've been itching to play but I gotta catch up on 3 months of life.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation