For posting 1E deck designs for feedback from other players and members of the community.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Proconsul Neral wrote:
HoodieDM wrote:
Proconsul Neral wrote:I'll just be blunt DS9 sucks.
Nors are clunky, unintuitive, and break the flow of the game up. They are unfun.....

Also Legate Damar has for over a year now attempted to play Cardssian, it simply can't be done. I miss this office is weak as hell (as are most DS9 cards) so your only option is joint operation and theirs just not enough bonus points, decent missions, card draw and personnel to make that work either.

Also I just want to ask why the [Dom] are allowed to languish as they have. They are the only faction that has an 8 or 9 part "how to" guide on the CCs website. I can't even describe how bad Dominion suck. I've tried to play them, they suck hard.

If the CC is serious about fixing DS9 they need to overhaul Nors, fix reactor core cards, streamline play and draw engines and for gods sake buff the cardassians and dominion. My god [Car] and [Dom] were the main villians of the most popular show in the entire franchise and they are a joke.

I'm in a hurry but I have a lot more to say. If the cc ever wants to unfuck DS9 just let me know......
Actually I can get it to work pretty easily.

Set up Cardassia (Alter Records) & next to it put in Kressari Rendezvous. Seed a Nor there. Put in Comm's Office, Ops, Ore Processor, Guest Quarters, Cargo Bay, & Docking Ports.

You'll need TMW, Quarks Rods, & Crossover. Turn one download with Ops Ekoor[/card1] if you got a ship, if not, download a ship to Docking Ports. The [card1]Naprem[/card1] is great for that. During actions, flip Quarks Rods to get [card1]Miles O'Brien (Emissary)[/card1].

Turn 2, play Miles with TMW to your ship as your normal card play. DH for [card1]Overseer Odo[/card1] . Move your Nor to Cardassia with Miles [DL] of [card1]Reaction Control Thrusters[/card1]. Odo can download [card1]Process Ore[/card1]. Now you got a draw engine at Cardassia. With Ekoor you get an additional play engine of all the ❖ Security personnel with Honor.

Turn 3 and Turn 4 play/DL [card1]Security Chief Garak[/card1] & [card1]Fontaine[/card1]. This will get you 3 weapons with their downloads & 1 with [card1]Art of Diplomacy[/card1] from Garak for a total of 4 weapons to use once you get Krez cleared for 45 points.

And then turn 5 you can finish off Cardassia with Legate Damar to Guest Quarters to get 50 points. I usually [card1]Sarjenka[/card1] myself at end for the 5 additional points and to make sure I'm cleared to do [card1]For Cardassia![/card1] when it's cleared and a 2 mission win.

This of course is using RStQ and [card1]Joint Operation[/card1] at Cardassian HQ.

~D

Now do it without your nor....

Why?

He just outlined a perfectly viable Nor strategy that takes advantage of Ops Downloads to get the key pieces. What's the point of challenging him to do the same thing without the key piece?

The only thing I might tweak is adding a Science Lab and scanning Kressari before moving the Nor, but in today's Meta, that's a double-edged sword.

That's kind of the point of what I said upthread: [Car] and [KCA] are tier one competitive. To the extent Nors need help, it's on the [Baj] , [1E-DS9] , and [TE] sides of things.
Last edited by Armus on Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By Mogor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Nor's could use a little streamlining to minimize the unneeded time disruption but it needs to be done carefully as if done wrongly will make them way to strong in the hands of some players

By HoodieDM
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Proconsul Neral wrote: Now do it without your nor....
I can, but then I'm building a different deck. Which I have. I've done a Cardassian fleet go to the GQ deck which works off fun bonus points.

But you asked to make Legate Damar work. So I showed you one possible solution which you can tweak to a gazillion different things. And its also great for not having to rely on Terok Nor/DS9. It's also pretty immune to battle/assimilation decks. Also a 2 mission win :)

~D
Deck Design Strategy

And just to add to the overall discussion, coming […]

MN 2024 Gatherings

28th it is. 1E Event is up: https://www.trekcc.or[…]

New Poster in The Void

Looking to see if we have anybody active or intere[…]

If y’all still want to get things brewing in[…]