For posting 1E deck designs for feedback from other players and members of the community.
Director of Organized Play
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 - Director of Organized Play
 -  
Fleet Admiral
W.C.T. Chairman's Trophy winner 2014-2015
Personally, I think they need a secondary free play engine. Something that keys off of Beta Hirogen, which are usually needed in multiple to cover skill gaps. Hirogen Hunt allows an Alpha OR a Beta, but you can't play both in a single turn assuming you had the drawing power to feed it. This was the main reason my builds gravitated towards Cyrus Redblock, as he is one way to get extra card plays "for free" each turn. Incidentally, these were plays were more often than not used on the universal Beta Hirogen (Ranjen, Jetaran, etc.) I was holding back in favor of Karon, Karr, etc.

Equinox + free play NA's will always be splashed, but as Mogor alluded to most Hirogen builds currently lean on Holodeck Doors and the handful of Hirogen holos as a supplemental play engine. I've always found that kind of gross, as the doorways clog the draw deck and invariably you end up with a "Hirogen" deck full of people who either had next to nothing to do with them (i.e. staff icon NA Voyager dudes) or outright hated them (the holos.)

Doesn't feel very affiliation flavorful to me! :wink:

By Mogor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
LORE wrote:Personally, I think they need a secondary free play engine. Something that keys off of Beta Hirogen, which are usually needed in multiple to cover skill gaps. Hirogen Hunt allows an Alpha OR a Beta, but you can't play both in a single turn assuming you had the drawing power to feed it. This was the main reason my builds gravitated towards Cyrus Redblock, as he is one way to get extra card plays "for free" each turn. Incidentally, these were plays were more often than not used on the universal Beta Hirogen (Ranjen, Jetaran, etc.) I was holding back in favor of Karon, Karr, etc.

Equinox + free play NA's will always be splashed, but as Mogor alluded to most Hirogen builds currently lean on Holodeck Doors and the handful of Hirogen holos as a supplemental play engine. I've always found that kind of gross, as the doorways clog the draw deck and invariably you end up with a "Hirogen" deck full of people who either had next to nothing to do with them (i.e. staff icon NA Voyager dudes) or outright hated them (the holos.)

Doesn't feel very affiliation flavorful to me! :wink:
Agreed, and I would likely suggest ensuring any secondary play engine precludes the use of holograms to help maintain flavor
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 -  
Fleet Admiral
Mogor wrote:Agreed, and I would likely suggest ensuring any secondary play engine precludes the use of holograms to help maintain flavor
Yep, design has been really good about built-in speed bumps of this nature to avoid excessive play engine stacking, and I would be 100% onboard with one on such an engine for Betas. #HuntersOnly LOL!

By Iron Prime (Dan Van Kampen)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
KazonPADD wrote:
jjh wrote:Independence.

No yellow = Trek Sense.
This. No affiliation should be reliant on using [NA]
+1

But Equinox is so easy to splash in any non-Borg [1E-DQ] deck. Does Equinox need to be fixed/revised before the other affiliations can move on? I don't really know, I'm just posing the question.... Or is the answer simply to put some anti-NA text in any new affiliation specific draw/play engines?
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 -  
Fleet Admiral
Iron Prime wrote:
KazonPADD wrote:
jjh wrote:Independence.

No yellow = Trek Sense.
This. No affiliation should be reliant on using [NA]
+1

But Equinox is so easy to splash in any non-Borg [1E-DQ] deck. Does Equinox need to be fixed/revised before the other affiliations can move on? I don't really know, I'm just posing the question.... Or is the answer simply to put some anti-NA text in any new affiliation specific draw/play engines?
I would argue that all the DQ affiliations should continue to have access to Equinox, if only to keep them at pace with the 22nd Century affiliations.

Hirogen, and to a lesser extent both Kazon and Vidiian just need some individual identity. They never really had that in the Decipher era, which used Kazon Collective and Vidiian Sodality to let players form cobbled together treaty decks. Once that crutch was taken away, nothing was put back to replace it. Hirogen were just given insane skill density to make up for their shortcomings, but even that isn't really good enough now in the Quantum Incursions era.

By HoodieDM
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I like an additional play engine. Not even Beta is necessary, but a ❖ play engine like Attention All Hands would be great explicitly for [Hir]. They have so many ❖ personnel, that they can keep the engine flowing.

And maybe when they play a ❖ [Hir] [Holo] personnel they get a card draw and if they play a ❖ [Hir] non- [Holo] personnel they force opponent to discard the top card of their deck. If they play a non-[Hir] or non-[Holo] it would discard the Incident. This way it kills 2 birds with one stone by also giving [Holo] a new play engine and also forces them to not use the Equinox.

[Inc] Flesh and Blood
Seeds or plays on table. Once each turn, your ❖ [Hir] or ❖ [Holo] personnel that you do not already have in play may report (for free) aboard your matching outpost or ship. Once each turn, when you play a [Hir] personnel you may force your opponent to discard the top card of their draw deck OR when you play a [Holo] personnel you may draw a card.
If you play a personnel that is not a [Hir] or [1E-DQ] [Holo], discard this Incident.
~D
Last edited by HoodieDM on Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By Se7enofMine (ChadC)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
HoodieDM wrote:I like an additional play engine. Not even Beta is necessary, but a ❖ play engine like Attention All Hands would be great explicitly for [Hir]. They have so many ❖ personnel, that they can keep the engine flowing.

And maybe when they play a ❖ [Hir] [Holo] personnel they get a card draw and if they play a ❖ [Hir] non- [Holo] personnel they force opponent to discard the top card of their deck. If they play a non-[Hir] or non-[Holo] it would discard the Incident. This way it kills 2 birds with one stone by also giving [Holo] a new play engine and also forces them to not use the Equinox.

[Inc] Flesh and Blood
Seeds or plays on table. Once each turn, your ❖ [Hir] or ❖ [Holo] personnel that you do not already have in play may report (for free) aboard your matching outpost or ship. Once each turn, when you play a [Hir] personnel you may force your opponent to discard the top card of their draw deck OR when you play a [Holo] personnel you may draw a card.
If you play a personnel that is not a [Hir] or [1E-DQ] [Holo], discard this Incident.
~D
I really like the card text. I think it fits really well, isnt super powerful, yet competitive.

Also. LOVE title of the card. Awesome.

I've always wanted to make a hiro deck but never found a compelling reason to do so. This is a good start me thinks.
Last edited by Se7enofMine on Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By Captain Parrish (Bruce Parrish)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
I love the new Hirogen card from the gift I do I absolutely love it. One thing I like to do after these cards are released is build something out of the new cards, when I tried building a Hirogen only deck they have one serious issue. They only have access to 3 unique personnel with transporterskill one of those is a hologram. The 4th transporterskill they have access to is universal and is also a hologram.

By DarkSabre (Austin Chandler)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Captain Parrish wrote:I love the new Hirogen card from the gift I do I absolutely love it. One thing I like to do after these cards are released is build something out of the new cards, when I tried building a Hirogen only deck they have one serious issue. They only have access to 3 unique personnel with transporterskill one of those is a hologram. The 4th transporterskill they have access to is universal and is also a hologram.
:thumbsup:

Agreed.
Crossover question

I was literally just typing up this question all[…]

Danny gets the FW against Tjark - 100 - 35 Good t[…]

Back from the old days, pre-errata Visit Cochrane[…]

@VictoryIsLife FW @jadziadax8 100-0