For posting 1E deck designs for feedback from other players and members of the community.

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
What are the thoughts these days on seeding Tribunal and Q's Tent: Civil War

Needed?

Waste of time?

If you use these cards how often are you actually pulling a Ref card for DEFENSIVE purposes?
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
I haven't seeded TribQ in over a year, I think. I only use Civil War with Borg decks.

I haven't missed it. Quite the opposite, in fact. On the rare occasion that I need a Ref (usually Strategema) I can generally fit it into the deck or Tent and Q-Ref for it.

OTOH, I am not a top level player, and my understanding is that top players are all still running TribQ.

By Jono (Sean O'Reilly)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Pioneer
I haven't used either in a while.

Only a few Ref cards are useful anyone - one of them is Wake of the Borg against PNZ decks.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
I went without for the first time in awhile at the last Tournament I played in. Aside from getting Kivas Fajo - Collector played against me multiple times with no Mirror Image to grab, I didn't miss it.

For me, it comes down to economics: If I assume that I'm going to use a Q's Tent regardless, and I'm going to use Defend Homeworld for the Security download, then Civil Was Tent + Tribunal make sense since I'm getting the same functionality plus a bunch of situational defensive cards for the same seed card cost. It gives me options.

Also, If I'm playing a solver with a Homeworld, just knowing that I can get Strategema tends to keep my opponent away and let me operate.

On the other hand, I wanted to have more dilemmas in my Borg deck and the DH download wasn't needed, so I went without and redirected the seed slot I would have used on Tribunal into my 18th dilemma, which allowed me to put three cards under each of my opponent's missions (Also allowed me to get the no [Ref] achievement)

Finally, the one [Ref] card I do like to pull out (besides Mirror Image) is Containment Field. Against [OS] and the new [1E-AU] [Holo] [1E-DQ] [Fed] builds, it's important to prevent things from getting too silly. If there's any [Ref] left that would benefit from OTF incorporation, it's that one.

By Captain Parrish (Bruce Parrish)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
I use my q the ref and tribunal as a side game against my opponent to irritate them containment field and cycle, masaka myself for bad hands juggler against the borg for when they probe scorched hand when people want to draw 10000 cards a turn overall it is still useful just depends if you have better stuff to seed

Decklist updated to include dilemmas. Crippling St[…]

Card of the Day: Dumb Waiter

Does Dumb Waiter still work if you don't com[…]

I just booked my flight for Thursday afternoon a[…]

Vulcan Observation icons

That's what I thought. I think the card may not b[…]