For posting 1E deck designs for feedback from other players and members of the community.

By nosfer2
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
I'm in the process of teaching a friend to play 1E. We've played various affiliations, and I now want to introduce the First Contact-era Borg. Does anyone have deck designs for a Federation deck and a Borg deck that would complement each other? (I want either side to have an equal opportunity of winning.)
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
I do not believe these have ever actually been tested -- so it's impossible to say which deck is better -- but it so happens that HoodieDM, several years ago, put together a pair of decks for exactly this scenario:

Borg

Federation [EE]

How wedded are you to First Contact era? Because if you open yourself up fully to Voyager and Virtual era cards (rather than just one or two to make the engines work, as here), there's a lot more decks out there that work well, like KNomad's 30-card Stop First Contact (which is pretty great; I've played a couple variants), or Michael Moskop's simple and effective FC EE shindig.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
BCSWowbagger wrote:I do not believe these have ever actually been tested -- so it's impossible to say which deck is better -- but it so happens that HoodieDM, several years ago, put together a pair of decks for exactly this scenario:

Borg

Federation [EE]

How wedded are you to First Contact era? Because if you open yourself up fully to Voyager and Virtual era cards (rather than just one or two to make the engines work, as here), there's a lot more decks out there that work well, like KNomad's 30-card Stop First Contact (which is pretty great; I've played a couple [ur=https://www.trekcc.org/tournament/index ... kID=17629l]variants[/url]), or Michael Moskop's simple and effective FC EE shindig.

A few years ago a friend and I played these starters. I remember encountering a few issues, which I can't recall now, but I also remember the starter decks being fun.

By nosfer2
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
BCSWowbagger wrote:I do not believe these have ever actually been tested -- so it's impossible to say which deck is better -- but it so happens that HoodieDM, several years ago, put together a pair of decks for exactly this scenario:

Borg

Federation [EE]

How wedded are you to First Contact era? Because if you open yourself up fully to Voyager and Virtual era cards (rather than just one or two to make the engines work, as here), there's a lot more decks out there that work well, like KNomad's 30-card Stop First Contact (which is pretty great; I've played a couple [ur=https://www.trekcc.org/tournament/index ... kID=17629l]variants[/url]), or Michael Moskop's simple and effective FC EE shindig.
Thank you! I figured sticking to the First Contact-era would make things simpler.

Make It So does NOT unstop the crew aboard a shi[…]

MN 2024 Gatherings

I won't be available Saturday the 27th. Have other[…]

Deck Design Strategy

And something else ... In Mtg, we always used to […]

Another achievement cycle, another no-update of ne[…]