For posting 1E deck designs for feedback from other players and members of the community.

By karonofborg13 (Matthew Hayes)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Architect
Dan,

I know I've been out of the game for a bit, maybe I'm missing something, but, how and where did you report your Hirogen ships and personnel to?
Every mission is Alpha Quadrant, no Hirogen facility (at a required Delta Quadrant mission), or...?

And as Hirogen Hunt only allows the download of a ship, with no specified destination included, they would have had to stay in your hand. Unless I missed a drastic rules change in the intervening months...???
Second Edition Rules Master
By Latok
 - Second Edition Rules Master
 -  
1E Australian Continental Champion 2019
2E Australian Continental Runner-Up 2019
karonofborg13 wrote:Dan,

I know I've been out of the game for a bit, maybe I'm missing something, but, how and where did you report your Hirogen ships and personnel to?
Every mission is Alpha Quadrant, no Hirogen facility (at a required Delta Quadrant mission), or...?

And as Hirogen Hunt only allows the download of a ship, with no specified destination included, they would have had to stay in your hand. Unless I missed a drastic rules change in the intervening months...???
Spacedoor sets a destination and only requires a compatible ship not matching.
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
I played DVK in a test game.

This was one of those decks that I simultaneously couldn't believe existed and also couldn't believe had never been done before. Melding [Hir] with Followers is very smooth, given how much they already do with NA Equinox in the Delta. Venatic Hunters are terrifying ships even without the ability to beam strong personnel through SHIELDS (provided by both Followers and Hunt). And the Spacedoor lets you get the Hunters on turn 1, potentially more than once!

This is the kind of deck I feel like you'd love to run sometime, Matt.

By Captain Parrish (Bruce Parrish)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
I have played against an Alpha Hirogen Deck before online against POPE, it was pretty intense but it didnt combine the followers of the one.

Stalk your prey allows hirogen to report to a hirogen vessel my question is how do you get additional hirogen ships? Just by opening and closing the spacedoor?

By sexecutioner (Niall Matthew)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
1E World Runner-Up 2023
1E European Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
1E British National Second Runner-Up 2023
I've seen Alpha Quadrant Hirogen decks before.

But it's creativity like this that makes me love this game.

Good job sir :) I expect more bizarre bullshit from you in the future!

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Tyberius_Deangelo wrote:Sometimes it aggravates me just how complex 1E is. When I read Spacedoor and see " ❖ ships that is compatible with outpost" that makes me think ❖ [Fed] for federation outposts or ❖ [NA] for non align outposts. I never would have thought of a deck like this.
Yeah it's important to not confuse COMPATIBLE with MATCHING. The latter is fixed, where the former can change based on game state.

1e rules are fun!
Last edited by Armus on Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NE Oklahoma, SE Kansas?

Awww, shucks! Glad you’re in a bigger area.[…]

I didn't want to knock anyone's choice while votin[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Stefan Manz !

Good mornin' lad (ie) s, just got me thinking: […]