For posting 1E deck designs for feedback from other players and members of the community.

By dx_37
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
First disclaimer, I'm a total newb. I played a few games of this back in the 90s but never got super into it. Most of my time and money went into Star Wars CCG.

Recently someone gave me a couple hundred commons and I would like to put together two simple and fun decks for my son and I to play with every once in a while. I would really like to start off super simple with the first expansion and hope someone can help me come up with basic Federation and Klingdom decks. These don't need to be competitive in a tournament environment. One key aspect is I'd like to have plenty of the characters we recognize from the TV series.

Thanks for your help!

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Funny you should ask...

A few years ago I got my daughter into STCCG by creating two super-simple versions of the original 2PG decks.

I posted about it here:

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=23917

Since that post I made them even more simple, getting rid of everything but personnel and ships, which translates into 24 card draw decks to go along with 6 missions 6 dilemmas and 1 outpost for each side.

Feel free to borrow any of this for your effort. Hope it helps!

:cheersL:

By dx_37
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
Armus wrote:
I posted about it here:

Thanks for the reply and help! I went to that forum post and the link to the decks seems to be broken. Is there another link to the list?

And anyone else that has suggestions feel free! A caveat, my son is in high school, so maybe I meant "moderately simple" and not "super simple" :D We still want to use all the normal rules of the game.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
dx_37 wrote:
Armus wrote:
I posted about it here:

Thanks for the reply and help! I went to that forum post and the link to the decks seems to be broken. Is there another link to the list?

And anyone else that has suggestions feel free! A caveat, my son is in high school, so maybe I meant "moderately simple" and not "super simple" :D We still want to use all the normal rules of the game.
If you want the full experience and your kid is in High School I'd recommend Paddy's TNG OTF Coming of Age Enhanced decks.

Those can be found here:

https://www.trekcc.org/articles/index.p ... cleID=2336

By HoodieDM
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I concur. Using the TNG themed based decks is soooo simple and fun. It really keeps the essence of the game at it's true core, feels like TNG themed episodes, and definitely gives you enough flavor between the Feds, Romulans, Klingons, & Ferengi. Hopefully Cardassians soon enough.

But overall, it uses some Virtual cards, so sure you'll have to get them printed out, cut them, and sleeve them, but so worth it. You'll spend probably about 2 hours doing all of this, but #1 it gives you some bonding time and fun discussion with your son, #2 it allows you to really look at the cards and read them as you cut them out and sleeve them, and #3 you only have to do it one time, after that you have the decks made.

I can't stress enough the fun-ness that the TNG block era brings. It feels like a smooth flowing game b/c you're playing cards, drawing cards, and solving missions, with some potential interaction with battling (space or on the ground). And everyone loves the TNG era at minimum!

~D

By DarkSabre (Austin Chandler)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
I say go with the starters because they are amazing to use and really balanced.

Where are you located?

By dx_37
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
DarkSabre wrote:I say go with the starters because they are amazing to use and really balanced.

Where are you located?
I'm in the Boston area for the year. I saw there is a 2E tournament near me towards the end of November; I may go check it out. All the cards (and starter deck rulebook) I have are 1E. So I probably won't play in the tournament, but it might be interesting to stop by and observe a bit.

By DarkSabre (Austin Chandler)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
dx_37 wrote:
DarkSabre wrote:I say go with the starters because they are amazing to use and really balanced.

Where are you located?
I'm in the Boston area for the year. I saw there is a 2E tournament near me towards the end of November; I may go check it out. All the cards (and starter deck rulebook) I have are 1E. So I probably won't play in the tournament, but it might be interesting to stop by and observe a bit.
There are 1e players there but not many. Mainly 2e. Contact edgeofhearing by PM on here and talk to him.

I think they could probably gather quite a few people if they could run a 1e sometimes.

I also owe one of the fellow 1e players up there by the name of Chris a few trips to Boston to play with him. He came down to NYC a lot when I lived there to play but never have gotten the opportunity to return the favor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Second Edition Art Manager
By edgeofhearing (Lucas Thompson)
 - Second Edition Art Manager
 -  
Community Contributor
dx_37 wrote:I'm in the Boston area for the year. I saw there is a 2E tournament near me towards the end of November; I may go check it out. All the cards (and starter deck rulebook) I have are 1E. So I probably won't play in the tournament, but it might be interesting to stop by and observe a bit.
I'm running that tournament - I've got plenty of loaner decks available, from beginner to expert difficulty. If you're interested in a particular affiliation, just let me know and I'll get something ready for you that you can take home with you (ah, the joys of complete printability!). We're a casual group here - we'd be happy for you to learn the game while you play with us.

By dx_37
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
edgeofhearing wrote:
I'm running that tournament - I've got plenty of loaner decks available, from beginner to expert difficulty. If you're interested in a particular affiliation, just let me know and I'll get something ready for you that you can take home with you (ah, the joys of complete printability!). We're a casual group here - we'd be happy for you to learn the game while you play with us.
Thank you, that's very generous! If I'm able to come, I'll have my son with me; if you're offering to send the printed decks home with us, probably 2 different alliances, Federation and Klingon maybe; and definitely beginningers, we've never played a game of 2E. Is there a basic rule book for 2E like the 1E one I got out of a starter deck so I can be a little familiar ahead of time? How much prior notice do you need? Is the week prior enough time for me to let you know we're certainly coming? And generally how long does a tournament last?

Good mornin' lads, just got me thinking: What w[…]

NE Oklahoma, SE Kansas?

Yes, it was at Redeemer in Bartlesville. Unfortuna[…]

Apologies for the delays in the results. They will[…]

MW for doctorjoya over tykajada 35-0. GG! :cheers[…]