For posting 1E deck designs for feedback from other players and members of the community.

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Building an alpha based ship battle deck that would be undone by someone camping in the Delta Quadrant. What are my options for getting there if I want to? Barzan wormhole is impractical because I'm not using Wormhole Terminus, nor am I using Badlands/Caretakers array.

I'm aware of......

Wormhole Interrupts
Quantum Slipstream Drive

By winterflames (Derek Marlar)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
You don't actually need wormhole terminus if you don't mind double wormhole travel. Seed a Barzan in the GQ and a Bajoran mirror with 2 regular Bajoran (or a first stable). Stock a handful of Barzans in your deck or Q Tent. Now you have access to all quadrants if needed using 2 seed slots. 3 if you want the Operate Wormhole Objective for ease of passage.
Last edited by winterflames on Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By Se7enofMine (ChadC)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
winterflames wrote:You don't actually need wormhole terminus if you don't mind double wormhole travel. Seed a Barzan in the GQ and a Bajoran mirror with 2 regular Bajoran (or a first stable). Stock a handful of Barzans in your deck or Q Tent. Now you have access to all quadrants if needed using 2 seed slots. 3 if you want the Wormhole Navigation Objective for ease of passage.
I was going to post this last night. But I was a) tired and b) generally think I miss a LOT of stuff when thinking about different aspects of this game. So I didnt want to post it and have someone tear it apart :P

I'm glad I had it right in my head :)

By Mogh, Son Of Worf (Meinhard S. Rohr)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
1E Swedish National Champion 2018
Takket wrote: Barzan wormhole is impractical because I'm not using Wormhole Terminus
What is wrong with Terminus? For me it is finally the card to allow alpha battle without having to fear Delta camping.

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Mogh, Son Of Worf wrote:
Takket wrote: Barzan wormhole is impractical because I'm not using Wormhole Terminus
What is wrong with Terminus? For me it is finally the card to allow alpha battle without having to fear Delta camping.
I don't want to defend WN from theft and I can't attempt the persona mission.

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
winterflames wrote:You don't actually need wormhole terminus if you don't mind double wormhole travel. Seed a Barzan in the GQ and a Bajoran mirror with 2 regular Bajoran (or a first stable). Stock a handful of Barzans in your deck or Q Tent. Now you have access to all quadrants if needed using 2 seed slots. 3 if you want the Operate Wormhole Objective for ease of passage.
So I would move through Bajoran Wormhole into [1E-GQ] , then move my ship onto the Barzan Wormhole location, then play a Barzan Wormhole from hand to move the one on the spaceline and my ship from [1E-GQ] to [1E-DQ] ?

Funny I've read that card a hundred times and NEVER considered moving Barzan Wormhole while my ship was there. lol

By HoodieDM
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Takket wrote: I don't want to defend WN from theft and I can't attempt the persona mission.
Two things, what affiliation are you actually using? And so what? If you really want to get to the DQ easily enough, so you cant attempt 1 of 6 missions, no biggy. Fig a way to score some bonus pts to make up for it :-)

~D

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
edgeofhearing wrote:
Armus wrote:
Armus wrote:Isn't the obvious answer now Lenara Kahn + Wormhole?
Seriously, why is this wrong?
My guess is that you'd have to jettison her into space at some point for battle purposes.
There's got to be a friendly planet nearby, or if you want to keep her safe and out of the way, stuff her in a carried shuttle while you go blasting away.

She's worth it.

By Mogor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Armus wrote:
edgeofhearing wrote:
Armus wrote:Isn't the obvious answer now Lenara Kahn + Wormhole?
Seriously, why is this wrong?

My guess is that you'd have to jettison her into space at some point for battle purposes.
There's got to be a friendly planet nearby, or if you want to keep her safe and out of the way, stuff her in a carried shuttle while you go blasting away.

She's worth it.
Memory wipe

By Mogh, Son Of Worf (Meinhard S. Rohr)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
1E Swedish National Champion 2018
Armus wrote: There's got to be a friendly planet nearby, or if you want to keep her safe and out of the way, stuff her in a carried shuttle while you go blasting away.

She's worth it.
Problem is, you only get to move one ship (or rather weak shuttles on board) in general, so this does not lend itself to a battle deck that goes ship hunting because those often rely on Armadas. She is great for surprise attacks against lonely ships or if you have other means to get a second ship (STP drop, e.g.) but not a good strategy for ship battle decks.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Mogh, Son Of Worf wrote:
Armus wrote: There's got to be a friendly planet nearby, or if you want to keep her safe and out of the way, stuff her in a carried shuttle while you go blasting away.

She's worth it.
Problem is, you only get to move one ship (or rather weak shuttles on board) in general, so this does not lend itself to a battle deck that goes ship hunting because those often rely on Armadas. She is great for surprise attacks against lonely ships or if you have other means to get a second ship (STP drop, e.g.) but not a good strategy for ship battle decks.
I would TMW her onto a Kazon carrier and move the whole fleet with one go. You'd need a shuttle with Transporters to facilitate the logistics but the payoff would be huge!

... Hey! finally a use for Yridian Shuttle! Only took 24 years... :P

Good mornin' lads, just got me thinking: What w[…]

NE Oklahoma, SE Kansas?

Yes, it was at Redeemer in Bartlesville. Unfortuna[…]

Apologies for the delays in the results. They will[…]

MW for doctorjoya over tykajada 35-0. GG! :cheers[…]