For posting 1E deck designs for feedback from other players and members of the community.

By mrpurple
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Hi All, was wondering if anyone could suggest deck lists built around:

The DS9 Crew

The Voyager Crew

Can you mix Enterprise Crew Members with Federation Crew Members? Can they report to the same outposts?

Also, been looking at a lot of Borg deck lists and notice they run a ton of copies of the Borg Queen. I can't seem to put together why. Could anyone help explain that to me?

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
mrpurple wrote:Hi All, was wondering if anyone could suggest deck lists built around:

The DS9 Crew
Check out the decks using Here by Invitation. You will find some good DS9 decks there.

The Voyager Crew
I can't really help you with this one since I have not been interested in playing with Voyager in years.

Can you mix Enterprise Crew Members with Federation Crew Members? Can they report to the same outposts?
Normally no they can't mix easily together. Sometimes you'll see efforts to mix Enterprise with the Enterprise-E under Federation Flagship Relaunched, but you can use These Are the Voyages to make the Federation and Starfleet crews work more easily with each other.

Also, been looking at a lot of Borg deck lists and notice they run a ton of copies of the Borg Queen. I can't seem to put together why. Could anyone help explain that to me?
Borg is a hard faction to master because they have a unique play style compared to other affiliations in 1E. The Borg Queen might be the number 1 card needed for the affiliation to work since she can download any drone and other versions of the Borg Queen have special abilities so you want to stock many copies in your deck to draw her early. She also has all three subcommand icons which makes probing for objection completion easier to achieve if you have a lot of copies in your deck and can rig probe draws.

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I love playing Borg, but it's aso a pain. I always thought that the main reason for wanting the queen on table is her joker skill... Things like Diplomacy, Law, Music, Honor etc., are hard to get for the Borg. But the downloads are very important too, on the various queens. I like to play one version, use her specific downloading to the max, and then replace it (for free) with another version, so I can use her different download ability.

(Edit: sentence appended/modified to clarify.)

Back in the day, there was a popular Voyager deck that -- I believe -- leaned on Delta Quadrant Spatial Scission, Caretaker's array and War Council. Perhaps this rings a bell for someone? Does anyone know where a deck list might reside, for MrPurple to use?
Last edited by SudenKapala on Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:43 am, edited 2 times in total.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
mrpurple wrote:I see! Thank you. I didn't realize you could keep replacing her and then use her text again. Makes sense now!
Wait. What? I'm not sure if we understood each other! :D

To elaborate:
The Traditional Queens (from First Contact & The Borg) have no text that would ever become unusable. So the replacing, which I mentioned I like to do, just broadens the options -- you change (for free; thus, sort of, 'append') the type* and cost** of the downloading that you can do with the Queen.

(*: A drone vs. [BO] INT/EVE;
**: "instead of card play" vs. "iso/ card draw".)

Conversely, if any game text (of another card) would ever become unusable (because the resource is depleted, such as having used [DL] or "once per game"), replacing that card (as in: same card title), or re-reporting or -playing it or a copy, will never replenish the resource.

I'm not sure if so -- but part the confusion could come from the difference between [SD] & [DL] .
The former is a continuous ability, that remains active after being used (but it might state "once per turn", or use a resource that you have a limited supply of).
The latter is, itself, a resource. It suspends play (thus faster and more versatile); but when used (even if unsuccesful), it is for the rest of the game depleted for that card title.

Perhaps you knew this. If not, I hope it helps. If not, keep asking. 8)

By commdecker (Matthew Zinno)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Arbiter
Community Contributor
I think he also needs to know about this bit of the rules:
Glossary wrote:Persona replacement – When you have one
version of a personnel or ship persona in
play and a second version of that same
persona in your hand, you may exchange
them at the start of your turn for free.
(Facilities may not be exchanged.) All cards
aboard or played/placed on the first version
(e.g., Orb Experience, Framed For Murder),
and any rotation damage, are transferred to
the second version, if applicable. Those
cards not applicable return to their owners’
hands. You may not replace the same
persona more than once at the start of a
turn. Replacing a persona is not a card play
or reporting for duty.
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
Suden Kapala wrote:Yes. What they -- i.e., the Commodore & the Glossary -- said. 8)

BTW, Decker, those two GIFs from your signature are... intruiging! :) :thumbsup:
The first one was an April Fool's joke from several years ago.

I don't know where the other one is from, but I approve!

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
jadziadax8 wrote:
Suden Kapala wrote:Yes. What they -- i.e., the Commodore & the Glossary -- said. 8)

BTW, Decker, those two GIFs from your signature are... intruiging! :) :thumbsup:
What -- like, "our new promo is holographically 4D"? Or "with integrated flexible LCD screen"? :D How many orders were placed? :cheersL:
I don't know where the other one is from, but I approve!
You aprove of things being misdesigned in such a way that final tests yield such ludicrous (yet funny) results!? We, the customer (and systems integration testers -- which I, too, once was), pay for that in the end! :shifty: :( :x

(While I do truly loathe commercial haste-to-market -- and industry tricks like, e.g., planned obsolesence -- the above was, in this context, of course, a joke. :D I think I know what you approve of. :wink: )

By Maelwys (Chris Lobban)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
Suden Kapala wrote:
jadziadax8 wrote:

What -- like, "our new promo is holographically 4D"? Or "with integrated flexible LCD screen"? :D How many orders were placed? :cheersL:
You can read it here: https://www.trekcc.org/articles/index.php?articleID=784

(PS: That was 8 years ago? Holy crap! I'd guess about 4, and had to keep digging before finally finding it)

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
The hint to the publishing date was in the collector's info box! :wink: I actually noticed its strange, numbers-only content almost immediately, but thinking Commodore Decker had made it himself for fun (like I make my own cards -- doesn't everybody!?), I dismissed it... the date 2011.04.01 didn't occur to me...

And reading the article, I might even have fallen for it. Hard to say now, knowing. I may have been put on guard by the sightly-less-subtle-than-usual tongue-in-cheekiness of the lore and card titles... but I'm not sure. I may have fallen for it! :D 8)

By Orbin (James Monsebroten)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Suden Kapala wrote:The hint to the publishing date was in the collector's info box! :wink: I actually noticed its strange, numbers-only content almost immediately, but thinking Commodore Decker had made it himself for fun (like I make my own cards -- doesn't everybody!?), I dismissed it... the date 2011.04.01 didn't occur to me...

And reading the article, I might even have fallen for it. Hard to say now, knowing. I may have been put on guard by the sightly-less-subtle-than-usual tongue-in-cheekiness of the lore and card titles... but I'm not sure. I may have fallen for it! :D 8)
The CC did make a version of Commodore Decker at a later date... check the last line of his lore :)

- James M

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Now that's a great punch line after an elaborate set-up. :o

I really hope MrPurple will sift through all this and retrieves his pointers on using the Borg Queens... (If he needs said pointers, that is.) 8) But he's in for some laughs, too.

FIRST pair? You got more cooking? I am hoping t[…]

Card Page Glitches

So, it's seeming on some sets that the cards on th[…]

Question for noob

Awesome. Thanks everyone for all the help!

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]