For posting 1E deck designs for feedback from other players and members of the community.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
I have always looked at the schoolroom ds9 site for a deck idea. There is only 3 teachers or professors. Lucky 1 is universal too. You need a bunch of youth in the deck. So you could use risa too.

So how would you build a schoolroom deck?

By Dmour
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
Discovery suxs wrote:I have always looked at the schoolroom ds9 site for a deck idea. There is only 3 teachers or professors. Lucky 1 is universal too. You need a bunch of youth in the deck. So you could use risa too.

Wouldn't make one solely based on Schoolroom, would use all available Nor/DS9 free plays as well, otherwise you would be intentionally restricting your free play and card draw options.

By Dukat (Andreas Rheinländer)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
1E European Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
1E German National Runner-Up 2024
The strength of schoolroom is the ability to freely select skills.

Let me give you a deck idea I once had ...

A Bajoran / Dominion deck with Deep Space Nine.
Young Jem'Hadar have Youth AND report for free (Jem'Hadar Birthing Chamber).

Get your cards back with Souls of the Dead (draw again) or A Second Chance at Life (play).

Preferably, put cards in your deck that have MOST of the skills mentioned on schoolrom - especially those that you lack in your deck.
Use skill monster personnel.

If you do not use A Second Chance At Life, they do not have to be cards of the affiliation you play! (Seven Of Nine, Ensign Jameson, Hajur ...)

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Discovery suxs wrote:I have always looked at the schoolroom ds9 site for a deck idea. There is only 3 teachers or professors. Lucky 1 is universal too. You need a bunch of youth in the deck. So you could use risa too.

I've looked at this card but can't see the value in it. Mrs. Obrien is the only teacher/professor that plays for free with Here By Invitation and Professor Honey bare is the only other one you can play without breaking RtQ. Seeding Crossover can get you Professor Sisko. The skill add might be useful for busting a tough dilemma but since it doesn't happen at suspend play speed, you still have to have been stopped by the dilemma once to know it was there before you can add the skill and attempt again.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Takket wrote:

I've looked at this card but can't see the value in it. Mrs. Obrien is the only teacher/professor that plays for free with Here By Invitation and Professor Honey bare is the only other one you can play without breaking RtQ. Seeding Crossover can get you Professor Sisko. The skill add might be useful for busting a tough dilemma but since it doesn't happen at suspend play speed, you still have to have been stopped by the dilemma once to know it was there before you can add the skill and attempt again.
If I did a schoolroom deck. I definitely would not use engine cards. If I did I would do tng over ds9. Just use a nor in the deck. Tng has a universal teacher and awesome professor Richard galen. The teachers were not the problem with the deck. The problem is alot of youth personal are not as good as other personal in the game. Yes the names are good but I'm talking about calloway type personal in the game. If you are only using names with youth. You might as well make a cadet deck instead of schoolroom deck. I know for a fact risa will be in the deck. Since I know I have the mission requirements easy. I can also move my opponents personal to risa with interrupt card that is horrible otherwise in the game.

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Discovery suxs wrote:
Takket wrote:

If I did a schoolroom deck. I definitely would not use engine cards. If I did I would do tng over ds9. Just use a nor in the deck. Tng has a universal teacher and awesome professor Richard galen. The teachers were not the problem with the deck. The problem is alot of youth personal are not as good as other personal in the game. Yes the names are good but I'm talking about calloway type personal in the game. If you are only using names with youth. You might as well make a cadet deck instead of schoolroom deck. I know for a fact risa will be in the deck. Since I know I have the mission requirements easy. I can also move my opponents personal to risa with interrupt card that is horrible otherwise in the game.
Schoolroom is Ds9 only so you pretty much have to use it with a RtQ deck. could try it without it with a baj/fed treaty deck but will be much more tough.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Just because you are using ds9 there is nothing that says you need rtq too. It just means I need ds9 to be able to play the schoolroom site. I have ds9 in a Klingon tng deck for Klingon restaurant basically. I can still have Cmisson and tng engine cards too. Since ds9 is not a personal or ship

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Takket wrote:yes that is true. are you seeding Baj/fed treaty? which [WC] are you using? I assume Finest Crew and AAH to take advantage of those Fed teachers.

Yea ballard is a universal teacher. So she is hands down the best for this deck. Richard galen is a professor.

Yes I would do a treaty because you have too basically.

I don't know about the engine cards yet. Since that would restrict the deck. I already have a finest deck too.

- Alpha Quadrant
 -  
This is where it would be handy to have certain versions of characters not shown on screen.

Ex-

Worf as a klingon martial arts instructor on TNG.

Tuvok with text showing he was a professor at the academy.

Data from all good things, who was a professor.

O'brien from the end of DS9 where he became a professor.

Admiral Paris also taught at the academy.

Barclay and Janeway from endgame, both professors.

Edit- and the Voyager EMH as an ettiquite teacher
And Seven acting as teacher to the children.
Card Page Glitches

So, it's seeming on some sets that the cards on th[…]

Question for noob

Awesome. Thanks everyone for all the help!

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]