For posting 1E deck designs for feedback from other players and members of the community.

By Dmour
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
I was looking through a card list and came across the Diplomatic Intervention Dilemma and was curious, are there more cards similar to this? I think making a "Control" deck could be an interesting deck style to slow your opponents Mission Solving with old fashion Diplomacy ;)

Some other cards that could would thematically work...
Cowboy Diplomacy
Diplomatic Contact
Office of the President (For a Free Play of Ambassadors and other Diplomacy Personnel)

Any other cards you can think of that would actually slow your opponents mission solving via Diplomacy?

By sexecutioner (Niall Matthew)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
1E World Runner-Up 2023
1E European Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
1E British National Second Runner-Up 2023
Sarek has all the Dip to help out with Diplomatic Intervention .

Also, you could add a bit of light capture, targeting the opponents Diplomacy, while using Shades of Gray: Cruelty to drain the opponents Diplomacy with Zaldan :)
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Strict Dress Code is the canonical diplo-drain card. Downloadable with Definitely Not Swedish, too.

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
all games and fun, but the next turn the opponent will just murder the diplomats.
for whatever reasons the dilemma doesnt protect them the whole countdown

By Professor Scott (Mathew McCalpin)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
Ensign Q wrote:all games and fun, but the next turn the opponent will just murder the diplomats.
for whatever reasons the dilemma doesn't protect them the whole countdown
Depends on the opposing affiliation's attack rules of course, but yes odd that they are not protected. But then again they came from your dilemma not your main playing crew so if they die, c'est la vie.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Professor Scott wrote:
Ensign Q wrote:all games and fun, but the next turn the opponent will just murder the diplomats.
for whatever reasons the dilemma doesn't protect them the whole countdown
Depends on the opposing affiliation's attack rules of course, but yes odd that they are not protected. But then again they came from your dilemma not your main playing crew so if they die, c'est la vie.
I know that is why I don't really like the dilemmas that download personal to a planet. I'm just more than likely suicide bombing my personal to stop by opponent for 2 turns. If they can still beat the dilemma anyway. I don't even get one turn. Especially if that is the last dilemma under the mission. Most players will just clear the misson and leave the planet. Since battles stop you for a turn. Sleeper trap is nice because you have a good chance of killing someone with it. The Fengri ones are more to stop you. Enemies of the state really depends on the personal and it may not stop your opponent too.

I will have to look it up but Diplomatic Contact is very limited as far as personal that can use it. The only one I know is a persona of kai winn who [DL] Diplomatic Contact

By sexecutioner (Niall Matthew)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
1E World Runner-Up 2023
1E European Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
1E British National Second Runner-Up 2023
A Smoke Bomb or (if you have Sarek and Spock as your diplomats) a Vulcan Nerve Pinch at hand could come in handy.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
sexecutioner wrote:
A Smoke Bomb or (if you have Sarek and Spock as your diplomats) a Vulcan Nerve Pinch at hand could come in handy.
So you are saying to play a situational dilemma you also need situational cards for it.

I rather play good dilemmas and draw cards I don't have to hold in my hand that may never play period.

By Mogor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
The turn protection, gives you time to get the very angry bodyguards in position, and personally I find at least online its a bad idea to give the guys in blue permission to return fire on you
Online CM RELEASE TOURNAMENT

Decklist updated to include dilemmas. Crippling […]

When 2E came out, I seem to recall that the idea[…]

MN 2024 Gatherings

One last check before I enter the event for the 28[…]

Vulcan Observation icons

I thought this was the intended functionality, and[…]