For posting 1E deck designs for feedback from other players and members of the community.
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
I feel like, now that I've played a Borg deck larger than 30 cards, I officially count as a Borg player now. If only there were some middle ground between 30 cards and 250 cards...

Of course, I still haven't played Harness Particle or Stop First Contact, and probably never will. I'm just happy I got Assimilate Species / Add Distinctiveness working the way I'd hoped!
 -  
Community Contributor
Didn't seem worth the resources, tbh. I'm not really sure an Intruder Alert! would've helped much, since Jon generally sent over 9-10 people. I was really counting on First + Talon Drone x6 to deal with any intruders.

But I wasn't counting on repeated Smoke Bomb, and I wasn't counting on Subspace Transporters. You're right, if I had three random assimilations during the game, I would've had an okay shot at taking out Khan (who I believe was the only key personnel). So maybe that is indeed the right call for the next build.
Director of Organized Play
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 - Director of Organized Play
 -  
Fleet Admiral
W.C.T. Chairman's Trophy winner 2014-2015
BCSWowbagger wrote:Didn't seem worth the resources, tbh. I'm not really sure an Intruder Alert! would've helped much, since Jon generally sent over 9-10 people. I was really counting on First + Talon Drone x6 to deal with any intruders.
Unless I am totally reading the card wrong, as soon as he beams over Khan you could have used Intruder Alert to have your Talon Drone assimilate him. Isn't Khan the lynchpin card of the entire strat?
 -  
Community Contributor
LORE wrote:
BCSWowbagger wrote:Didn't seem worth the resources, tbh. I'm not really sure an Intruder Alert! would've helped much, since Jon generally sent over 9-10 people. I was really counting on First + Talon Drone x6 to deal with any intruders.
Unless I am totally reading the card wrong, as soon as he beams over Khan you could have used Intruder Alert to have your Talon Drone assimilate him. Isn't Khan the lynchpin card of the entire strat?
Oh, snap, I thought it was random selection.

You're right, it's my choice. I shoulda done this.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
BCSWowbagger wrote:
LORE wrote:
Oh, snap, I thought it was random selection.

You're right, it's my choice. I shoulda done this.
Yup. You may call yourself a Borg player but the Unimatrix council does not grant you the rank of master.
 -  
Community Contributor
Hoss-Drone wrote:Yup. You may call yourself a Borg player but the Unimatrix council does not grant you the rank of master.
This is outrageous! It's unfair! How can you be at Unimatrix One and not be a master?
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
Thanks for being kind to me in your report.

I was working on a report, but it was eaten by a grue. My report of your game was structured so that it spelled out "Fuck the Borg" as the first letter of each line. Sad to have lost it.

Fuck the Borg.

-crp
 -  
Community Contributor
MidnightLich wrote:My report of your game was structured so that it spelled out "Fuck the Borg" as the first letter of each line. Sad to have lost it.
Ha! That's a tragic loss.

By sexecutioner (Niall Matthew)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
1E World Runner-Up 2023
1E European Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
1E British National Second Runner-Up 2023
MidnightLich wrote:Thanks for being kind to me in your report.

I was working on a report, but it was eaten by a grue. My report of your game was structured so that it spelled out "Fuck the Borg" as the first letter of each line. Sad to have lost it.

Fuck the Borg.

-crp
Hahahahahahaha!

BTW, Dukat did nothing wrong, the Bajorans deserved the occupation.
Second Edition Art Manager
By edgeofhearing (Lucas Thompson)
 - Second Edition Art Manager
 -  
Community Contributor
MidnightLich wrote:Thanks for being kind to me in your report.
And you to me with your extraordinarily flattering deck title. I just wish my deck could have been as kind to Austin.

But yes, that's also my experience with First Edition Borg. The only time I have ever beaten them ever is when I noticed that a They Will Be Coming player seeded a Mirror mission. Of course, I don't tech for them either because I don't know how they work, and I'm so offended by their existence that I refuse to learn.
Crossover question

I was literally just typing up this question all[…]

Danny gets the FW against Tjark - 100 - 35 Good t[…]

Back from the old days, pre-errata Visit Cochrane[…]

@VictoryIsLife FW @jadziadax8 100-0