For posting 1E deck designs for feedback from other players and members of the community.

By KNomad (Damon Sommer)
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
My deck was presented as a 'base' - add more cards, change defense for offense, change the focus, whatever. Run as is or 'add spices' to your taste. I opted for a second counterpart in lieu of a Ready Room Door (bad probe). To answer MrPurple directly, you'll draw into a counterpart fairly quickly. Don't forgot to peek at your top card (date node/Recon drone) whenever you can, it'll keep you from accidentally shuffling away a good draw or probe. :0)

=/\= KNomad

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Squircifer wrote:
mrpurple wrote:I love this deck and want to build it ASAP! Stupid question... what gets your Locutus of Borg each game as you need him Assimilate Homeworld? Do you just draw to him?

Also, do you just draw into the Queen or is there something that gets her out too.

Full bore, the deck draws up to 6 cards a turn, so eventually you will just draw into both. The ready room door will grab you Locutus when you want him, you literally cannot do much until you get locutus and ASSimilate homeworld, but you will draw them usually rather quickly. Important thing is to get the follwoing drones out:

Four of Nine (basically get any drone out when you need them, play certain drones each turn for the ability)
Seven of Nine (staffing will let you get the cube running by turn two a lot of the time.)
Eleven of Twelve (Data Node/Vinculum grab the adapt cards and use them to draw with Three of Nine.)
Three of Nine (card draw recycle adapt cards)
Two of Nine (replinish deck rig probes get drones back if they die)

This set up allows you to cycle your deck fast. Most times you have a good chance to draw either Queen/Read Room/Locutus in the first hand.... Queen will let you grab We are the Borg and use it for draws/ drones with Two of Nine. You should check Knomads list with strategy because I basically stole this deck and tweaked it a little. https://www.trekcc.org/1e/decklists/ind ... 16632//url
Funny how so much has changed for the whole game -- but aside from They Will Be Coming, I recognize and use all these cards in Traditional environment. The Borg might be the affiliation which was changed the least since Decipher days...? Or is it just this deck type, that is so similar? That is -- aside from TWBC, which really is a game changer in itself, of course.
Last edited by SudenKapala on Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
KNomad wrote:Don't forgot to peek at your top card (date node/Recon drone) whenever you can, it'll keep you from accidentally shuffling away a good draw or probe.
That is very good advice for me. I tend to forget / use it only for probes... but I do need my Q Tents for my (Traditional, thus not too many available for me) Queens... Thx! :)
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Squircifer wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:33 pm https://www.trekcc.org/1e/decklists/ind ... 964108fb40

The List for my 30 Duck Borg. Base list is from @KNomad's 30 card stop first contact, dilemma pile is from Drone!! Assimilate Everyone!
After a long pandemic delay (and a dalliance with much much more aggressive assimilator Borg), I have iterated again on this design:

https://www.trekcc.org/1e/decklists/ind ... ckID=28362

Thanks to all who have contributed to the growing literature on This Beautiful Slim Borg Deck. It's one of my favorites. Letting it unfold on the table is just fun.

By DarkSabre (Austin Chandler)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
BCSWowbagger wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 1:52 am
Squircifer wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:33 pm https://www.trekcc.org/1e/decklists/ind ... 964108fb40

The List for my 30 Duck Borg. Base list is from @KNomad's 30 card stop first contact, dilemma pile is from Drone!! Assimilate Everyone!
After a long pandemic delay (and a dalliance with much much more aggressive assimilator Borg), I have iterated again on this design:

https://www.trekcc.org/1e/decklists/ind ... ckID=28362

Thanks to all who have contributed to the growing literature on This Beautiful Slim Borg Deck. It's one of my favorites. Letting it unfold on the table is just fun.

Was this the deck you were talking about?
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
DarkSabre wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 1:22 pm Was this the deck you were talking about?
Possibly! I don't remember what you're talking about, so I don't recall the context. (I forget most conversations I have pretty quickly.)

By Squircifer (Mark Napier)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
I am seriously considering a return to playing online again. I would love to visit Kaiserfest once more, but traveling is just not going to happen health wise. We shall see if I start up again, I have been away for years.... (as per usual I guess....)

Time to check this deck out again and see what is going on..

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Squircifer wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 11:33 am I am seriously considering a return to playing online again. I would love to visit Kaiserfest once more, but traveling is just not going to happen health wise. We shall see if I start up again, I have been away for years.... (as per usual I guess....)

Time to check this deck out again and see what is going on..
We'd love to see you back in whatever capacity you can handle! :cheersL:

By Mogor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Knomad's original version of this was a pain to play against. Also taught him why transwarp conduit or whatever the borg move between quadrant stuff is essential. Its unfortunate when your cube ends up outside of the AQ with no way back :P
1EFQ: Game of two halves

First: Rescue Captives is OP, there should[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation