For posting 1E deck designs for feedback from other players and members of the community.

By Squircifer (Mark Napier)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Just played another league game with the 30 duck. Went smoother than cat shit... turn 2 staffing with seven and on the way down the space line. I have abondoned the initial dilemma pile and tried different things, but to be honest, I would have had the win at least 2 turns sooner had the add distinctiveness popped, servos and defrosted wouldhave netted more tha a few folks.

Before the game I added the computer crash drone, and the skill sharing drone was upped one as well, which came in handy, allowing massive dilemma busting even with red shirting. I added an additional negate obstruction so i would always have one in hand and one to cycle for card draws, effectively keeping both out of the deck during crucial probes.

Every probe was an awaken, so beans and weeners for all!!.

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Sounds like I gotta build myself that deck... and I think there was, luckily, only 1 card that I saw which does not have a ready Traditional equivalent.
Regretfully, that card is... They'll be coming.

So. I guess no chance for a Traditionalist such as me to really get this going, after all, huh? :wink:

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
You could always start from the delta and "hop" on over to have some ASSimilation fun!
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
SudenKapala wrote:Regretfully, that card is... They'll be coming. So. I guess no chance for a Traditionalist such as me to really get this going, after all, huh? :wink:
Y'all already have house rules, right? So make a house rule: this single non-traditional card is legal.

Don't prevent yourself from having fun just 'cause of format!

By HoodieDM
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
BCSWowbagger wrote:Five computer crashes can. One computer crash is just going to ruin my Awaken and maybe an objective switch for a turn. Probably hurts my opponent more than it hurts me.

One thing I like about KNomad's base deck is that it doesn't REALLY depend on downloads so much; you're going to draw out the deck soon enough anyway.
It interrupts the Retask and/or FF: Recovered which if they blow up his ship, he's lost everyone. Can Regenerate, but what happens if he's already blown through it since it does spit out his deck quickly?

It does also stop: "Stop First Contact" from DLing MMC. Sure you can do it later, but it literally stops him for a whole turn, which he may not have.

But he took my advice and put the drone in anyways. It is better safe than sorry IMO.

~D

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
BCSWowbagger wrote:
SudenKapala wrote:Regretfully, that card is... They'll be coming. So. I guess no chance for a Traditionalist such as me to really get this going, after all, huh? :wink:
Y'all already have house rules, right? So make a house rule: this single non-traditional card is legal.
Nope. There is a specific houserule against self-printed cards, and another against such houserules as you propose! :P (Although, for ias -- my [Art] compatriot -- I did suspend said rules when for our first few games, his first deck did contain one Virtual mission*. Temporarily. 8) I'm not evil.)
Don't prevent yourself from having fun just 'cause of format!
Oh no, not because of format (I think); it's (mainly) the card pool. I'm really having most fun if playing with my collection of Decipher cards -- because collecting the cards is where my roots lie.

And in a game with Infinite Possibilities, I still hold that every format/pool is viable! :wink: (But -- yes -- I think to know that you do, too.)

(*: ias, was that this mission? Just to be sure.)
 -  
Community Contributor
SudenKapala wrote:And in a game with Infinite Possibilities, I still hold that every format/pool is viable! :wink: (But -- yes -- I think to know that you do, too.)
Certainly! Which is why I play in every pool from time to time. I try to play some Block, some OTSD, the occasional Traditional, as well as Complete. (And I wish they'd bring back Return to Talos IV sometime -- that was a really neat idea for a tournament series!)

That way I get to enjoy all the different flavors of fun the game has to offer!

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
BCSWowbagger wrote:
SudenKapala wrote:And in a game with Infinite Possibilities, I still hold that every format/pool is viable! :wink: (But -- yes -- I think to know that you do, too.)
Certainly! Which is why I play in every pool from time to time. I try to play some Block, some OTSD, the occasional Traditional, as well as Complete. (And I wish they'd bring back Return to Talos IV sometime -- that was a really neat idea for a tournament series!)

That way I get to enjoy all the different flavors of fun the game has to offer!
When was the last time you played Open?
 -  
Community Contributor
It's been almost four years, I think. But if there were a local Open event, I'd hop right into it!

Plus, I demand credit for playing and hosting Klingon Warlords.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
BCSWowbagger wrote:It's been almost four years, I think. But if there were a local Open event, I'd hop right into it!

Plus, I demand credit for playing and hosting Klingon Warlords.
What about an online Open event? :shifty:

By mrpurple
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
I love this deck and want to build it ASAP! Stupid question... what gets your Locutus of Borg each game as you need him Assimilate Homeworld? Do you just draw to him?

Also, do you just draw into the Queen or is there something that gets her out too.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
To both questions, as far as my diversity-prioritised, traditionalist decks go... you seed a Q\'s tent... and then you stock, draw and play a lot of -- yes, Q\'s tents.
But if you print, you can indeed just have half your draw deck made up of both Queens and Lucutuses. 8)
I don't know of any other Traditional way; and haven't heard about a Virtual way either, yet. Is there any?
 -  
Community Contributor
mrpurple wrote:I love this deck and want to build it ASAP! Stupid question... what gets your Locutus of Borg each game as you need him Assimilate Homeworld? Do you just draw to him?

Also, do you just draw into the Queen or is there something that gets her out too.
The deck is so small and draws so fast that you don't usually need to worry about it: they'll both show up pretty quick.

However, that's the real reason for the Ready Room Door: you can download one of them (but not the other) as a matching commander, depending on which cube you download with They Will Be Coming.

I believe my version of this deck put in a second copy of the counterpart, because I was more aggressive about early attempts.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
mrpurple wrote:I love this deck and want to build it ASAP! Stupid question... what gets your Locutus of Borg each game as you need him Assimilate Homeworld? Do you just draw to him?

Full bore, the deck draws up to 6 cards a turn, so eventually you will just draw into both. The ready room door will grab you Locutus when you want him, you literally cannot do much until you get locutus and ASSimilate homeworld, but you will draw them usually rather quickly. Important thing is to get the follwoing drones out:

Four of Nine (basically get any drone out when you need them, play certain drones each turn for the ability)
Seven of Nine (staffing will let you get the cube running by turn two a lot of the time.)
Eleven of Twelve (Data Node/Vinculum grab the adapt cards and use them to draw with Three of Nine.)
Three of Nine (card draw recycle adapt cards)
Two of Nine (replinish deck rig probes get drones back if they die)

This set up allows you to cycle your deck fast. Most times you have a good chance to draw either Queen/Read Room/Locutus in the first hand.... Queen will let you grab We are the Borg and use it for draws/ drones with Two of Nine. You should check Knomads list with strategy because I basically stole this deck and tweaked it a little. https://www.trekcc.org/1e/decklists/ind ... 16632//url

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
BCSWowbagger wrote:However, that's the real reason for the Ready Room Door: you can download one of them (but not the other)
Of course! :x Forgot that one, even though trying to make it work in 2 separate decks... :shifty:
Question for noob

You can use Defend Homeworld instead of Quark[…]

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]

Hey all, we are running a "Warum-up" fo[…]