For posting 1E deck designs for feedback from other players and members of the community.

By Squircifer (Mark Napier)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
https://www.trekcc.org/1e/decklists/ind ... 964108fb40

The List for my 30 Duck Borg. Base list is from Knomad's 30 card stop first contact, dilemma pile is from Drone!! Assimilate Everyone!

Draw Deck Strategy

You want to play the following drones in the first three turns:
Four of Nine
Eleven of Twelve
Three of Nine
Seven of Nine

these set up your card draw engines. Next Get the Queen for We are the Borg, play it for it's download and then place it under your deck once you have Two of Nine, then grab it again for the draw.

Staff your Cube go to earth assimilate and party!

Draw your deck, play your drones out and set up Assimilate Homeworld. I added the Add Distinctiveness to the seed deck, to help with some bonus points that we would need in case there was no time to play Resistance is Futile. I added Assimilate Starship for extra points, and to kill off an annoying ship should you want to. I am building a retask into the deck, so stay tuned.

The main changes was basically the Add Distinctiveness, since Borg Servo will almost always grab one or two folks, the defrosted menace does very good grabby things as well.

Dilemma Pile Strategy

Space set 1:
Borg Ship (retask cubes are coming)
Contingency Plan (Assimilate Starship is now worth 35 points.)
Love Scow

Space set 2:
Borg Ship
Contingency Plan
Dead End

Planet set 1:
Borg Servo (assimilates people, add points. )
Defrosted Menace (assimilates people, add points)
Executive Authorization

Planet set 2:
Borg Servo
Defrosted Menace
Buried Alive
"God"

Dual set 1:
Love Scow
Ferengi Infestation
The Higher… The Fewer

Dual set 2:
Edo Probe
The Higher… The Fewer
Rules of Obedience

Buried Alive P2
Defrosted Menace
"God"

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Interesting to see such a small [Bor] deck. :borg: :) I almost regret that They will be coming is not available in the Traditional card pool. :wink:

But what does the "Duck" mean, in this context?

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
SudenKapala wrote:Interesting to see such a small [Bor] deck. :borg: :) I almost regret that They will be coming is not available in the Traditional card pool. :wink:

But what does the "Duck" mean, in this context?

I cannot stand large decks. I always try to stay as streamlined as I can. Nothing against the bigger decks, I just like small ones.

The duck means nothing really, I jus tname my decks stupid names as clickbait. aaaawwww yeah!

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
I used to make smaller decks -- 70, 80 cards (total, incl. seed + side decks). But they gradually grew to 90-100. Except for my Borg decks -- they approach 160. Hard to keep the hive small, I find.
So, good work, being able to keep those decks so small. :thumbsup:

(It's quite opaque for me, how these any decks in the deck builder are team efforts or not. Y'all seem to recognize those decks on sight; including who originated them, if not originals. I don't -- so, credit where due. I don't mean to bypass anybody.)

Click bait worked! :wink:

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Oh -- I forgot about this.
Mogor wrote:Like the fact you've the gateway in there
Yes -- one seeded, one in deck. How does that work, without other Transwarp cards?

By Mogor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I believe he can download one to where its needed via some card in the deck, otherwise if he was unlucky and got paxaned to another quadrant well

By KNomad (Damon Sommer)
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
SudenKapala wrote:Oh -- I forgot about this.
Mogor wrote:Like the fact you've the gateway in there
Yes -- one seeded, one in deck. How does that work, without other Transwarp cards?
Move between the Gateways with a Transwarp Conduit (which is in the Tent)
I usually just used the Conduit to double range.

Thanks for giving my design a try, hope you enjoyed it! :0)

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Ah, indeed there IS a Transwarp [Int] in there. I missed that while browsing the deck list. (Even after Mogor made his comment.) :thumbsup:
:borg:

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Yep yep. there is a gateway and a conduit in the tent.

But while they are there for a purpose, I have yet to actually need to use them. But once I cut them then I will neeeeeed them for sure. That is how the universe works. The deck is stremlined amazingly well at this point, I still have to build a retask into it, but honestly, there is no room or need to even go there anymore. I found the add distinctiveness and the assimilation dilemmas are nice enought to grab me the few extra points I need. Borg Servo almost always pops off and nets me a person and the defrosted can grab me a few when coupled with wall dilemmas.

I am looking to replace the spacetime portal for somethig different, so you guys have any ideas?

Knomand, I enjoyed the deck a lot and played the shit out of it as made and then tweaked it to what I have now, the draw is basically unchanged save for maybe one card, but I will be adding the hive sharing skills guy for sure, the viniculum is good, but redundancy is better...
Seven of Nine is a dilemma monster for red shirting earth.

I played this deck in German Nationals and would placed better if I did not have to leave early and if not for one stupid play mistake that cost me the game literally. I could have passed and probed one turn earlier if I had paid attention and left an engineer on the cube for skill sharing. I didnt and got nailed for it.

By HoodieDM
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I'd put in an Eleven of Seventeen or Quark's Rods somewhere.

One Computer Crash can kill your entire deck.

~D
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Five computer crashes can. One computer crash is just going to ruin my Awaken and maybe an objective switch for a turn. Probably hurts my opponent more than it hurts me.

One thing I like about KNomad's base deck is that it doesn't REALLY depend on downloads so much; you're going to draw out the deck soon enough anyway.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Not worried about the computer crashes at all. I will get all my cards in hand and out, if it goes a touch slow, oh well, it will still happen. And since no one really packs any amount to be scared of, not too worried at all.

Although the evelen drone is not a bad idea to add, since it will get into play eventually. The actual deck list now is a 31 card draw deck, since I grab the Locutus' Cube with They will be cummin. So it can keep 30 duck for now.

I may take the 30 duck to worlds... I wanna... boy do I wanna... but I feel Starfleet calling out to me...

By KNomad (Damon Sommer)
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
KNomad, I enjoyed the deck a lot and played the shit out of it as made, and then tweaked it to what I have now. The deck is streamlined amazingly well.
Exactly what I was hoping for, thank you Squircifer.

One thing I like about KNomad's base deck is that it doesn't REALLY depend on downloads so much; you're going to draw out the deck soon enough anyway.
From experience, 4 or 5 Crashes does slow the deck down, but doesn't cripple her.

But once I cut them (Transwarp Gateways), I will neeeeeed them for sure. That is how the universe works.
Ayup.

I am looking to replace the spacetime portal for somethig different, so you guys have any ideas?
I had room in my tent for Stone Knives & Bearskins, so the Temporal Conduit worked for me.
Can't go wrong with the classic AU Door though.

I may take the 30 duck to worlds... I wanna... boy do I wanna... but I feel Starfleet calling out to me...
Nice play, keep em guessing. Resistance is Futile :0)

KNomad's Stop First Contact
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation