For posting 1E deck designs for feedback from other players and members of the community.

- Alpha Quadrant
 -  
I am considering building a new deck utilizing type 18 shuttlepods and defiant class ships (valiant, defiant and sao paolo), along with the fed/rom/klingon treaty.

I know the shuttlepods get around quadrant requirements, but do they get around universe requirements? Can I use them to report mirror universe personel?

I am trying to get the specifics down before I go full cocked into deckbuilding.

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Alternate reporting cards (aside from e.g. outposts) will (only) bypass Quadrant Reporting rules ( [1E-GQ] [MQ] [1E-DQ] ) but NOT [1E-AU] . (AFAIK only mobile holo can be played -- by The Doc's card text -- ignoring its [1E-AU] , but there's prolly more.)

I gotta go prep for Reflections Sealed now... :shifty:

Good luck with awesome Def deck!

Oh -- we have an ancient house rule -- if you report a Def class, you don't say so, but make a heavy thud sound when it hits the table, shaking up opponent. Rule can be extended for Roga Danar. 8)
Second Edition Rules Master
By Latok
 - Second Edition Rules Master
 -  
1E Australian Continental Champion 2019
2E Australian Continental Runner-Up 2019
Suden is correct. Another thing to keep in mind if it's a triple treaty deck is report with crew actions like the Shuttlepod require staffing so you will need a Fed person everytime.

- Alpha Quadrant
 -  
Latok wrote:Suden is correct. Another thing to keep in mind if it's a triple treaty deck is report with crew actions like the Shuttlepod require staffing so you will need a Fed person everytime.
I thought treaties solved that issues, and shuttlepods have no staffing icons.

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
UncleMorty wrote:
Latok wrote:Suden is correct. Another thing to keep in mind if it's a triple treaty deck is report with crew actions like the Shuttlepod require staffing so you will need a Fed person everytime.
I thought treaties solved that issues, and shuttlepods have no staffing icons.
Nope. Check the Glossary entry on ship staffing. You not only need to provide staffing icons (if any), but at least one personnel must be matching. Treaties only make personnel compatible. This is part of why Treaty: The Alliance was created, since otherwise [KCA] decks could really have an issue with this rule and the rule that at least one personnel must match to attempt a mission.

Like most things in 1E, it can lead to a silly situation: The entire Bridge Crew of the Enterprise-D can't pilot a Yridian Shuttle, but Samuel Clemens can.

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
[NA] has always been tricky rules wise, it IS an affiliation, it just happens to be compatible with all other affiliations except [Bor]. But in all other respects, it's just like other affiliations that can initiate battles against themselves.

So you need a matching [NA] personnel to staff a [NA] ship, or to attempt a [NA] mission, etc.

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
UncleMorty wrote:Now I am even more confused. I thought for sure that non aligned ships didnt have affiliation requirements.
What Boffo said. ((But very early in the game, it used to be as you said -- it's in the Premiere booklet. Hence your confusion, perhaps.))
Boffo97 wrote:The entire Bridge Crew of the Enterprise-D can't pilot a Yridian Shuttle, but Samuel Clemens can.
As I always say: you need any compatible personnel to crew the ship's control stations (staffing icons). But -- if none of those are of same affiliation as ship -- you still also need a matching person who can translate the shipboard labels -- and read the manual aloud for his friend.
Clemens is a writer, so I guess we must conclude he is also very good at reading a technical book...? :roll:

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
SudenKapala wrote:Alternate reporting cards (aside from e.g. outposts) will (only) bypass Quadrant Reporting rules ( [1E-GQ] [MQ] [1E-DQ] ) but NOT [1E-AU] . (AFAIK only mobile holo can be played -- by The Doc's card text -- ignoring its [1E-AU] , but there's prolly more.)

I gotta go prep for Reflections Sealed now... :shifty:

Good luck with awesome Def deck!

Oh -- we have an ancient house rule -- if you report a Def class, you don't say so, but make a heavy thud sound when it hits the table, shaking up opponent. Rule can be extended for Roga Danar. 8)
You could get around the [1E-AU] with Columbus by reporting it to Sherman peak time location. You don't need a doorway for time location.

Shuttles are usually universial ships. So there is a very easy way around mirror universe.

spacedoor can grab any universial period. So you can grab delta universial kazon shuttle to your Husnock outpost. Just put the spacedoor where on your outpost and have fun.

I guess we should have done "What can we do[…]

Jared FW Kris 100-35

South Dakota Regional May 18th

Likely I should be able to attend. Just need the[…]

Nelvana Trap

Wait ... what? Since when does battle during […]