For posting 1E deck designs for feedback from other players and members of the community.

By Mogor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
So why most decks don't run it, as it requires a hefty wall dilemma to help set it up, popular choice is founder's secret

2. Against certain deck types its worthless, ie borg or BCS's 2a deck
Second Edition Rules Master
By Latok
 - Second Edition Rules Master
 -  
1E Australian Continental Champion 2019
2E Australian Continental Runner-Up 2019
Guns or red drones can make it do literally nothing for one. Also if they only hit the dilemma with three people than it's just an Armus: Skin of Evil(with All-Consuming
Evil) that is countered by a gun, so you need to put a wall in front of it. It is actually very popular though, so these counters aren't theoretical people build decks considering how to add weapons to reduce the flapjacks effectiveness.

Playing against it, if you hit an attribute wall at a planet, commonly Founder Secret, expect this as the follow up and attempt with expendable and as few people as possible and your phasers/disruptors.
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
It is the third-most popular dilemma in the game, so it is definitely a very strong and well-respected card.

Not quite broken, though, because everybody techs against it. Hand weapons are a popular counter, as is redshirting, and even The Genesis Effect in some metas.

By Spectre9
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
You don't spam out 20 personnel without expecting a few casualties.

Guns! Gotta stock up those guns.

It's a good meta dilemma because it punishes big away teams.

By Mogor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Spectre9 wrote:You don't spam out 20 personnel without expecting a few casualties.

Guns! Gotta stock up those guns.

It's a good meta dilemma because it punishes big away teams.
One of the few times, I've really upset the player I was playing against is with a big team that didnt take any casualties. 5+ guns, some red na borg and who cares about the pancakes

By Spectre9
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
It was never immediately apparent that non- [BO] [SCD] icon personnel count as Borgs to me.

DNP says you need a Borg.

Cards like Orum and Riley Frazier say they're Human and Romulan respectively.

So is a liberated Borg a Borg? Or a half Borg? Or just counts as Borg?

By Kaiser
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
1E World Semi-Finalist 2023
Architect
Spectre9 wrote:It was never immediately apparent that non- [BO] [SCD] icon personnel count as Borgs to me.

Frazier and Orum, or Jean-Luc for that matter, are Borg. The cards say so.
Last edited by Kaiser on Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Spectre9 wrote:It was never immediately apparent that non- [BO] [SCD] icon personnel count as Borgs to me.

Those guys are Borg. Their lore says so. They're also Human/ Romulan/ etc. Their lore says so there too.

Those things aren't mutually exclusive. In 1e, you are what your lore, species, and affiliation say you are.

That said, those guys aren't Borg Drones or [Bor], because their affiliation and lore don't say that they are.

First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
A non- [Bor] personnel with a [SCC] [SCD] [SCN] is considered Borg species (as well as their other species). Yes, kind of like a half-Borg. It should say this in lore as well, for clarity, but I'm not certain that rule has always always been followed without fail.

This is explained in species in the Glossary or in the terrifyingly long Species sidebar in the Rulebook.

Yes, this causes problems on a handful of early cards that used the word "Borg" to refer to the affiliation when they should have used " [Bor] ". For example, Ensign Jameson cannot report to Ferengi Trading Post natively.

EDIT: I typed slow.

By winterflames (Derek Marlar)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
BCSWowbagger wrote:A non- [Bor] personnel with a [SCC] [SCD] [SCN] is considered Borg species (as well as their other species). Yes, kind of like a half-Borg. It should say this in lore as well, for clarity, but I'm not certain that rule has always always been followed without fail.

This is explained in species in the Glossary or in the terrifyingly long Species sidebar in the Rulebook.

Yes, this causes problems on a handful of early cards that used the word "Borg" to refer to the affiliation when they should have used " [Bor] ". For example, Ensign Jameson cannot report to Ferengi Trading Post natively.

EDIT: I typed slow.
Why is Ensign Jameson tagged Human? The only species given in her lore is Borg, unlike the Tsukantze, Borg, and Voyager versions which state she is human and Borg.

By winterflames (Derek Marlar)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Spectre9 wrote:He means Ferengi Trading Post says non-Borg

So not just affiliation but personnel with Borg in lore are restricted from reporting there.
Which completely avoids the question. According to the rules, your species is what is listed in lore. ensign jameson only says she is Borg.
Capturing Related

Maybe add the [Pun] icon to the proposed definitio[…]

*dramatic noise* *suspends play* 0KF19 Kaiserfe[…]

Is Sedis a captain?

Not exactly, because that is the ONLY keywor[…]

MN 2024 Gatherings

I'll not make the 27th, unfortunately. I've pencil[…]