For posting 1E deck designs for feedback from other players and members of the community.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Why isn't this card used more?

Having dusted off my old copy of the STCCG Strategy Guide from 1996 or whenever, it's listed amongst top 50 powerful cards...'

Without going into all that, it does remain so powerful to rearrange an opponent draw deck and put all his ships at the bottom of the deck...

Yes, there are ways round it but early in the game this could be a killer.

With the Kurdon being able to [DL] DaiMon Bok who can then [DL] Thought Maker it seems like if you put a few (4) copies of Kurdon in your draw deck you have a good chance of getting it out for the opening hand and then the party starts as you look through your Q's Tent and get Bok and the Thought Maker..

Or have I missed something obvious...?

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Any download action causes a reshuffle. Ditto The Juggler, which is accessible at [Ref] speed.

I suppose it's possible to catch an opponent unprepared to deal with something like this, it's just not very likely.

Remember that when that guide was written, downloading wasn't a mechanic, and there weren't a ton of cards that let a player shuffle their deck.

It's just obsolete in the modern game.

By Jono (Sean O'Reilly)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Pioneer
1E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
Brian is correct.

The best use of Thought Maker is against a Borg opponent who is going to probe. At best, you’ll delay them getting a good probe for one turn - but that could be the difference in winning or losing the game in the end.

Another way Thought Maker can be useful is by using dilemmas that probe. Just before your opponent encounters them you can rig the top several cards of their deck to get a favorable outcome for yourself.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Armus wrote:Any download action causes a reshuffle. Ditto The Juggler, which is accessible at [Ref] speed.

I suppose it's possible to catch an opponent unprepared to deal with something like this, it's just not very likely.

Remember that when that guide was written, downloading wasn't a mechanic, and there weren't a ton of cards that let a player shuffle their deck.

Yes I guessed it was dated, and now there are plenty of ways around it - a simple Attention All Hands for example
Forgot about the Juggler - what do you mean at ref speed??

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
dragoncymru wrote:
Armus wrote:Any download action causes a reshuffle. Ditto The Juggler, which is accessible at [Ref] speed.

Yes I guessed it was dated, and now there are plenty of ways around it - a simple Attention All Hands for example
Forgot about the Juggler - what do you mean at ref speed??
Some players use Tribunal of Q and Q's Tent: Civil War for easy access to 13 [Ref] cards at suspends-play speed. Since The Juggler is a [Ref] card that means that such a player can immediately suspend play after you've finished Thought Maker-ing them and shuffle their deck, making the whole exercise a giant waste of time.
Card Page Glitches

So, it's seeming on some sets that the cards on th[…]

Question for noob

Awesome. Thanks everyone for all the help!

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]