For posting 1E deck designs for feedback from other players and members of the community.

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
anyone ever tried VCM in a Borg deck? TONS of human borg + skill sharing for engineer. just the idea of all these borg milling about and looking up at the statue amuses me
Second Edition Rules Master
By Latok
 - Second Edition Rules Master
 -  
1E Australian Continental Champion 2019
2E Australian Continental Runner-Up 2019
There aren't actually that many human Borg, there are 8 and a lot of humanoid Borg.

Also Borg can't beam down to planets just 'because' they need something allowing it, generally an objective. Since VCM plays on Earth that objective would have to be Assimilate Homeworld (or something targeting the opponents personnel on the planet) which also requires a Federation counterpart, usually Locutus, that aren't particularly easy to get.

Finally the probes aren't very good. The affiliation icons are literally impossible in Borg decks, Fajo-icon there is Locutus I suppose. Equipment-icon Borg already have great downloading of equipment. Event and interrupt icons are definitely the best because We Are The Borg, Adapts, Awaken ,etc. are very good and it gets you a free play that doesn't break New Arrivals.

So it's doable, difficult and not very useful though so that'd be why if anyone has ever done it that it's not repeated much, especially considering how little Borg are played in any fashion already.

I am also amused by the concept.

By winterflames (Derek Marlar)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Discovery rox wrote:technically locutus is a federation probe for visit cochrane memorial.
But you hit the Fajo icon first going from top to bottom on the card.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
winterflames wrote:
Discovery rox wrote:technically locutus is a federation probe for visit cochrane memorial.
But you hit the Fajo icon first going from top to bottom on the card.
No, you hit the [Fed] icon first because you go top to bottom on the card allowing the probe, NOT the probe card itself.

Since [Fed] , [SF] is the first outcome on VCM and Locutus has a [Fed] icon you stop there and draw.

This same logic allows Dr. Soong to hit for the Fajo icon outcome and not the [NA] icon. By your logic, he would be a discard (he isn't).

By Professor Scott (Mathew McCalpin)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
From the Rulebook

In order to determine the outcome, identify the first icon on the probe list. If this icon appears anywhere on the probe card (in gametext, as a staffing icon, etc.), replace the probe card atop your draw deck, then execute the appropriate outcome for that icon. If the icon does not appear, proceed to the second item on the probe list, then the third, then the fourth, and so on until you have identified an outcome.

As Armus said.

By winterflames (Derek Marlar)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Hmm. I have been probing wrong for decades! :shifty:

By Professor Scott (Mathew McCalpin)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
winterflames wrote:Hmm. I have been probing wrong for decades! :shifty:
I value what both of you have to say, and pretty much accept what you and Armus say as Gospel. Then I realized you can't both be right, so I had to double check and sadly I too have been probing top down on the probe card instead of top down on the probe list.

Chalk it up to 1st ed ambiguity.

*dramatic noise* *suspends play* 0KF19 Kaiserfe[…]

Is Sedis a captain?

Not exactly, because that is the ONLY keywor[…]

MN 2024 Gatherings

I'll not make the 27th, unfortunately. I've pencil[…]

I get the MW 80-70....good game.