For posting 1E deck designs for feedback from other players and members of the community.

- Alpha Quadrant
 -  
So, I was thinking of building a Bajoran/dominion deck, utilizing the direct report and download capabilities of deep space nine and clone machine to bring in Vorta and Jem'hadar. This is both due to me not having enough decent personnel of either affiliation to build a deck by itsself and wanting something interesting.

I was thinking of using bajoran resistance cell as well

By Professor Scott (Mathew McCalpin)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
10and01 wrote:Here's the one I built as part of my "Strange Bedfellows" series to round out my treaty decks for home play.

https://www.trekcc.org/1e/decklists/ind ... ckID=20165
That link doesn't seem to be public?

"Sorry, you're not allowed to see that deck right now"

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
10and01 wrote:Try this? https://www.trekcc.org/1e/decklists/ind ... d62ff057ef
That works, but I noticed a couple issues:

1) You only have 12 cards in your Q's Tent and it can hold (up to 13 different cards), which brings me to my next point...
2) You have 2 copies of Bajoran Wormhole in the tent. While they are different pictures, they are considered the same card as far as the 13 goes, so only one can be in the tent.
3)The game texts from The First Stable Wormhole allows you to DL them both (You may download Bajoran Wormhole(s) (even from outside the game). )

This means you actually only have 10 cards in your tent so you can stock 3 more cards in there. :D

Call for Reinforcements allows you to DL a ❖ ship one per game so you could stock your Jem'Hadar Warship or one of your Bajoran Freighter in your tent to slim your draw deck.

Your SECURITY DL from Defend Homeworld is another good choice to stock in the Tent as well.

I know you don't stock Colony but if you wanted to you could throw it in the Tent and DL when you solve Colony Preparations for some bonus points, though it has been errata'd so make note of that and you only have 4 CIVILIAN anyway.
Last edited by Professor Scott on Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
Pants o.t. Tal Shiar wrote:You can save two seed slots (Open Diplomatic Relations and the Treaty) if you download Kai Winn to Bajoran Shrine or Guest Quarters on your first turn.

Bajoran Resistance Cell is one of the best cards for Bajorans.
10and01 doesn't have Kai Winn in this deck and wouldn't he have to draw into her because he can't even play 2 [Cmd] ASMs and Going To The Top to play her first turn because there are no [Baj] [Cmd] ASMs. Did I overlook some other DL mechanic? Forgive me I rarely play [DS9] or [Baj] / [Dom]

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Professor Scott wrote:
Pants o.t. Tal Shiar wrote:You can save two seed slots (Open Diplomatic Relations and the Treaty) if you download Kai Winn to Bajoran Shrine or Guest Quarters on your first turn.

10and01 doesn't have Kai Winn in this deck and wouldn't he have to draw into her because he can't even play 2 [Cmd] ASMs and Going To The Top to play her first turn because there are no [Baj] [Cmd] ASMs. Did I overlook some other DL mechanic? Forgive me I rarely play [DS9] or [Baj] / [Dom]
One of the key mechanics of the DS9 affiliations is the use of Nors and their sites. The above reference to Bajoran Shrine and Guest Quarters probably doesn't make sense to an outsider because it's missing a key piece of context:

Ops.

Ops downloads are really powerful as they let you grab any matching personnel who can report to one of your sites. in this case, if you seed Deep Space 9 and have Ops, Bajoran Shrine (or Guest Quarters), and a Docking Site (Pads, Ports, or Pylons) as 3 of your six sites that seed for free, you can Ops Download Kai Winn into play on turn 1 and download the treaty to get the ball rolling.

If you're running a Reshape the Quadrant deck, you can also seed Commander's Office and We Need You Here to make your Ops download even more powerful by not shutting down your card draws.

And for even more fun (though not necessarily in THIS deck), you can add Trust the Prophets to make your [1E-DS9] [Fed] count as matching for Ops download purposes.

Lot of options here and definitely a space worth exploring if you haven't yet.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
Armus wrote:
Professor Scott wrote:

One of the key mechanics of the DS9 affiliations is the use of Nors and their sites. The above reference to Bajoran Shrine and Guest Quarters probably doesn't make sense to an outsider because it's missing a key piece of context:

Ops.

Ops downloads are really powerful as they let you grab any matching personnel who can report to one of your sites. in this case, if you seed Deep Space 9 and have Ops, Bajoran Shrine (or Guest Quarters), and a Docking Site (Pads, Ports, or Pylons) as 3 of your six sites that seed for free, you can Ops Download Kai Winn into play on turn 1 and download the treaty to get the ball rolling.

If you're running a Reshape the Quadrant deck, you can also seed Commander's Office and We Need You Here to make your Ops download even more powerful by not shutting down your card draws.

And for even more fun (though not necessarily in THIS deck), you can add Trust the Prophets to make your [1E-DS9] [Fed] count as matching for Ops download purposes.

Lot of options here and definitely a space worth exploring if you haven't yet.
Ah, Ops. I really need to make a DS9/Nor based deck to get familiar with how sites work.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
10and01 wrote:Thanks all for the feedback. Some really good ideas, I'll post back here if I v2 it.
:thumbsup:

Congrats to Mugato for going 4-0 in the tourna[…]

Card of the Day: Dumb Waiter

Does Dumb Waiter still work if you don't com[…]

I just booked my flight for Thursday afternoon a[…]

Vulcan Observation icons

That's what I thought. I think the card may not b[…]